Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We're expanding!

Sir Hugsalot

On 2023-05-08 at 9:44 PM, Hugs of Sir Manys said:

3. A new, sister website - there will be a place, within Poniverse, where You will be permitted to post mature content, risque art that is not permitted within mlpforums along with other more profound topics of a sensitive nature. Access to it will be given upon request and it will operate outside mlpforums itself. That however also means that attempts to post NSFW images here may result in harsher punishments than before, including bans if initial warnings are not heeded. With such platform availible it is even more unnecesarry to even try to sneak in risque art here. Don't try it, when You can go to our sister site and post it freely.

a57de99f9983b6f6638016f772b9d69c.gif

I'm not going to lie. I strongly welcome this considering how much I have to make myself behave in terms of things like dirty jokes and such. :P

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, FlutteringGuardian said:

oh i have one question about this do you require some proof that you are 18? if not how can you tell that person is 18? 

6 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Good question! The site is still in the process so all of that will be decided once it's actually done. We're only announcing ahead of time for the sake of communicating all of the changes that people have been noticing as of late. :coco:

i have a question that piggybacks off this one. How far is 18 from 0? I think I forgot because of.... recent games.... :yeahno: :sealed:

Thank you for the heads up on changes though :yay:

4 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

i have a question that piggybacks off this one. How far is 18 from 0? I think I forgot because of.... recent games.... :yeahno: :sealed:

Thank you for the heads up on changes though :yay:

Ah! This is a good question as well. So, if we measure by a calculator the distance between 0 and 18, you’ll find the answer is “NO FUN O CLOCK!” *flies off to the thread she was just reminded of* 

1 minute ago, Princess Silky said:

Ah! This is a good question as well. So, if we measure by a calculator the distance between 0 and 18, you’ll find the answer is “NO FUN O CLOCK!” *flies off to the thread she was just reminded of* 

The distance of 0 to 18 is : multiplier of 18

I'll throw my two cents in for the sake of the community.

The general premise of a site dedicated to more mature discussion is something that I would generally support up to a certain point. Mature discussion can range from anything to NSFW, politics, or the more deeper aspects of life that is not suited for the MLPforum. However, there are many concerns that I have with this. Most notably, it is the extent of NSFW content that is to be permitted. Suggestive content and nude depictions of fictional characters I have zero issue with. 

A mature 18+ site means that those there, who post regularly will have to act their age. This should not be a troll forum. Nor should it be a forum for low quality posts. If anything, there should be general encouragement for users to make high quality content. I would also suggest that if the Poniverse staff bring back the Debate Pit, it should be on the sister site entirely and subject to various stipulations. Perhaps users should have to apply directly to even be allowed into the Sister site and prove that they are over 18 (showing proof of age). Any users who are banned or warned from MLPF should automatically be disqualified. It should be a site that is for well behaved users who are able to handle that sort of content in a mature fashion. 

MLPF can generally be for the wholesome content. This sister site can be for content more tailored towards a mature audience. However, I am a proponent for high standards in terms of what should be allowed there, and what isn't. I was initially against the idea of a sister site to begin with. Personally, I am of the opinion that a sister site as a whole is a waste of time from a management standpoint. If it is something that Poniverse insists upon doing, I will not oppose it - but I will strongly encourage the Poniverse staff to outlaw content depicting NSFW underage characters, bodily fluids/waste, or other such extreme content. That content being on any Poniverse site is not a good look.

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

I would also suggest that if the Poniverse staff bring back the Debate Pit, it should be on the sister site entirely and subject to various stipulations

Agreed. As discussed in the recommended comment, this is exactly where it plans to go. It falls under the topic of 'mature discussions' and shall be moderated much differently than previously. 

As for everything else, they are valid points to consider. My main focus is MLPF, this place is the precious gem where I've met so many lovely friends I hold dear, so I cannot speak for any of the other sites. But you offer very attentive and impartial feedback which is worth making a note of. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I'm not going to lie. I strongly welcome this considering how much I have to make myself behave in terms of things like dirty jokes and such. :P

This Kirin told me joke once. I’m still in shock. :blink:

On 2023-05-09 at 10:36 PM, FlutteringGuardian said:

huh? so you are not expecting?

I laid down all these towels for nothing?! See, now, I’m not picking them all up, if no one’s expecting… *storms out*

On 2023-05-10 at 3:49 PM, FlutteringGuardian said:

People are sure hyped for this sister site

We want to discuss taxes!!! 😆

1 hour ago, ManaMinori said:

I laid down all these towels for nothing?! See, now, I’m not picking them all up, if no one’s expecting… *storms out*

We want to discuss taxes!!! 😆

My favorite topic! And do I have a place for you! 

8 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I genuinely do.

okay so since you insist on responding here, allow me to deliver a sick burn! 

On 2023-05-10 at 10:40 AM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I will rebut with this quotation by the majestic monarch who rightfully took measures against tea in the Thirteen Colonies:

"OHO! OHOHO! OHO! OHOHO! OH! HOHO! HOHO! HOHO!"[1]

References

[1] George III commenting on the passing of the Tea Act, 1773.

I shall counter this reference with how the "1773" failed to be the "1337" it truly wanted to be. Therefore, your argument is invalid. You need tax lessons. Hence, the upcoming sister site. :toldya:

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

okay so since you insist on responding here, allow me to deliver a sick burn! 

I shall counter this reference with how the "1773" failed to be the "1337" it truly wanted to be. Therefore, your argument is invalid. You need tax lessons. Hence, the upcoming sister site. :toldya:

According to Silky, the year 1773 never existed. But the year 1337 is real, so we can be assured that the Hundred Years' War did indeed happen.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias

• 1 month later...

I'm honestly surprised I did not read this post until just now when I should be sleeping.

Honestly, I welcome the planned changes. I've seen this place change a lot over the years since signing up for it all the way back in 2014, but, its pretty much always remained a place I enjoy going to, even more so in 2023 as I miss the community feeling you get with forums like this, which no modern, big tech website has really managed to replicate. Don't actually have much to say about the Debate Pit, never really used it but I guess I'll check it out if/whenever it comes back. Probably with a hazmat suit on.

As for NSFW, I'll admit, I can go there at times and have looked at that kind of thing occasionally, and I do have accounts on sites that host such things, but I think I've already been pretty good at not posting that kind of thing here, including avoiding using the word "sexy", where it'd be seriously inappropriate, but I definitely noticed fan clubs here do tend to get sexualised depictions of said characters and I was admittedly concerned the fan club I recently created wasn't going to get approved because the two characters it focuses on are prone to getting that kind of art according to Derpibooru search results, but rest assured I will keep it PG as I have already been doing, and I'm sure we can admire those two without breaking sitewide rules. Haven't really seen anything that breaks the rules on that thing outside of fan clubs from my experience.

While I don't personally mind that sort of thing, I fully understand not wanting it here, and having a separate, more mature site makes sense to me. A part of me would even go as far as saying maybe the Debate Pit would be better suited for the planned mature spinoff of this site? When the time comes, I'll be sure to request access to this mature Poniverse website and see what its like.

Yeah, I noticed the forums do feel quite different from the previous years I've been active here. New staff and what honestly feels like a friendlier overall atmosphere (and I already felt welcome here in the past). Maybe its because I've been away from any small online community for so long, but, it does honestly feel refreshing coming here.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Topic title "We're Expanding!" @Silky the smol@Sir Hugsalowski @Treeglow Flicker WE'RE GETTING A NEW SISTER! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Better hope that it's not a twin of me.

We'd only end up standing at the end of the hallways of the welcome lobby and greeting new folk in an eerie fashion.

"Come and post with us, newcomer. Forever... and ever... and ever!"

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-17 at 2:42 AM, North Star said:

oh, I missed this at the time. A site with the same community, but with a lil 'more spice allowed...

:3

A little spice?.... With you there im betting a butt load of carolina reaper is gonna be dumped on that sister...... Im in.

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

KUJAH!!! :glimmer:

You cant stop the hormones jesse! Join us. Return where on e you came from jesse... Into the troll side @North Star @Jesse Terrence