Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

May the Horse Be With You! (Star Wars event)

Aticus the Adequate

Greetings, fellow users! As you may have noticed, May the 4th has recently passed and as such, it's officially Star Wars month! 

It's a positively hectic and groovy time in the forums right now since the World Cup began, and so this will be an event that will hopefully add a bit of extra fun to everything! ;)

What we're having this year is an art contest! Your task, young padawans, is simple: 

Design your own OC, or other pony characters you have made, AS A STAR WARS CHARACTER!

main-qimg-336642028d7b8e9ceb809dbc00db6ffb-lq.jpg.ba7a46d09a72c73d16398e03e03c8f47.jpg

You can use either a pre-existing SW character or make one of your own! Jedi, Sith, bounty hunter, scavenger, whatever type of character you can think of, let's see those ponies getting into their sci-fi roles! 

Should your character own a searing glowstick (or a lightsaber in layman's terms), here is a list of traits that comes with each colour!

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5677.pngIMG_5678.png

Now that you've got the gist, it's time to go out into the galaxy and show us all your star-faring characters! Good luck everypony, and may the force be with you!

• Brohoof 3

Ahhhh ahhh ahhh I'm SO excited!!! Aticus' first event!!! SQUEEE You're doing SOO well... well--- wait a second... :okiedokieloki:
Did you just say
GROOOVY?!?!? Don't think I don't get that cool cat reference, Mister! Guyyssss halp! He's making cool cat references again @Hugs of Sir Manys look what you've started D: He even told a staffer he had strong energies of 'orange/yellow' saber -- forcing me to imagine Jedi's of the Cool Cat path... get him! Forbidden word! None shall say "groovy" and get away with it D: 

Spoiler

cool-cat.gif

hahaah all jokes aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this contest :grin: Well done, @Aticus the Adequate

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

Ahhhh ahhh ahhh I'm SO excited!!! Aticus' first event!!! SQUEEE You're doing SOO well... well--- wait a second... :okiedokieloki:
Did you just say
GROOOVY?!?!? Don't think I don't get that cool cat reference, Mister! Guyyssss halp! He's making cool cat references again @Hugs of Sir Manys look what you've started D: He even told a staffer he had strong energies of 'orange/yellow' saber -- forcing me to imagine Jedi's of the Cool Cat path... get him! Forbidden word! None shall say "groovy" and get away with it D: 

Hide contents

cool-cat.gif

hahaah all jokes aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this contest :grin: Well done, @Aticus the Adequate

:devious: This contest is gonna be COOooOoOoOOL! 

Thank you so much all the same, Silky! I'm so excited to see what everyone does and am incredibly proud to be hosting this event with all of you guys! :D 
It's simply... Groovy. :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Oh no... the laugh react you gave me is orange...
that smug emoji is orange..
I'm beginning to see orange everywhere... this is just too much power D: This is what you make of Events... who hired you?! Who sent chu! D:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Princess Silky said:

Oh no... the laugh react you gave me is orange...
that smug emoji is orange..
I'm beginning to see orange everywhere... this is just too much power D: This is what you make of Events... who hired you?! Who sent chu! D:

What if I were to tell you... It was YOU who hired me? :toldya: 
ORANGE you glad this is happening?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

What if I were to tell you... It was YOU who hired me? :toldya: 
ORANGE you glad this is happening?

W-what... what?! M-me?!? IMPOSSIBLE it cannot be.. I... 

Spoiler

no-noo.gif

• Brohoof 1

I thought purple meant "Samuel L. Jackson Was Here?" :pout:

5 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

Did you just say

Reveal hidden contents

cool-cat.gif

I have grounds to impeach you for referencing Cool Cat of all things, cher ami. :-D Contempt of the Colt Court, I say!

I am afraid I have no artistic skills to be part of this, regardless. Try as I might, my hands simply do not cooperate with my mind in regards to art. :mlp_please: Neat idea, nonetheless!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

I thought purple meant "Samuel L. Jackson Was Here?" :pout:

I have grounds to impeach you for referencing Cool Cat of all things, cher ami. :-D Contempt of the Colt Court, I say!

I am afraid I have no artistic skills to be part of this, regardless. Try as I might, my hands simply do not cooperate with my mind in regards to art. :mlp_please: Neat idea, nonetheless!

Cool Cat and Samuel L. Jackson go hand in hand, naturally. :oh_golly:
That's no problem! No need to fret over whether you can or can't. You're still more than welcome to join the experience! :D

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Kujamih said:

It is un BEARable.....

*grabs a glass for the PUNch Kujamih brewed up for us*

Ahh... refreshing mixed fruits! Healthy, too!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

:mlp_smug:...................... Heres a winking orange.... Your weakness.... Ha! I slap you woth vitamin D.!

Vitamin DX. Silkys face right now...........

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

I can totally imagine Vibrant Grove carrying a purple lightsaber alongside Silky wielding a yellow one :3 Hmm, where did I get that idea from!

Spoiler

dezun1s-a47e2783-2ff0-40ac-a53e-7bbbfe53

... :3 

I love this so much ;-; what a perfect way to celebrate a Star Wars month <3 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Greetings, fellow users! As you may have noticed, May the 4th has recently passed and as such, it's officially Star Wars month! 

It's a positively hectic and groovy time in the forums right now since the World Cup began, and so this will be an event that will hopefully add a bit of extra fun to everything! ;)

What we're having this year is an art contest! Your task, young padawans, is simple: 

Design your own OC, or other pony characters you have made, AS A STAR WARS CHARACTER!

main-qimg-336642028d7b8e9ceb809dbc00db6ffb-lq.jpg.ba7a46d09a72c73d16398e03e03c8f47.jpg

You can use either a pre-existing SW character or make one of your own! Jedi, Sith, bounty hunter, scavenger, whatever type of character you can think of, let's see those ponies getting into their sci-fi roles! 

Should your character own a searing glowstick (or a lightsaber in layman's terms), here is a list of traits that comes with each colour!

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5677.pngIMG_5678.png

Now that you've got the gist, it's time to go out into the galaxy and show us all your star-faring characters! Good luck everypony, and may the force be with you!

THERE ARE SILVER LIGHTSABERS?! NOPONY EVER TOLD ME THAT BEFORE!!! IT WOULD FIT ME SO WELL!!! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

THERE ARE SILVER LIGHTSABERS?! NOPONY EVER TOLD ME THAT BEFORE!!! IT WOULD FIT ME SO WELL!!! :pinkie:

There are :3 Ahsoka Tano got to wear a set of these :3

Spoiler

Who is Ahsoka Tano? The Star Wars: Clone Wars and Mandalorian newcomer  explained | GamesRadar+

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

:devious: This contest is gonna be COOooOoOoOOL! 

Thank you so much all the same, Silky! I'm so excited to see what everyone does and am incredibly proud to be hosting this event with all of you guys! :D 

I'm already proud of you, @Aticus the Adequate! An I will continue to be no matter how chaotic this event will end up! May the references be with you. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

IT'S SO AWESOME, AY! Get yourself a silver one and slice away to your heart's content! 

5 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I'm already proud of you, @Aticus the Adequate! An I will continue to be no matter how chaotic this event will end up! May the references be with you. :squee:

Hehe, thank you so much, Shiny! I'm expecting it to be quite chaotic! If it doesn't end up like that, I'll do it myself :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

I never thought I'd see a real photo of Darth Vader playing with ponies :wacko: :squee:

Now what I need to see is a pony holding a lightsaber in its mouth and accidentally slicing things. Like an aloof dog with an oversized stick! :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1