Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A ship you think should not exist

FlutterIsBestAlicorn

(edited)

Which ship do you think shouldn't exist or doesn't make sense and why. You can give multiple ships, that's fine. I'm not looking for your "least favorite" ship, I'm looking for something you just don't understand and don't see a reasoning to exist. Maybe you like the ship a little, but don't get why it was made.

Rules (There's only two)
1: No crossover, innappropriate, or illegal ships, because that's too obvious. Example: Pipsqueak x Luna, Luna x Celestia, Apple Bloom x Applejack, Twilight x Mordecai, etc.
2: No being rude. If you see someone confused about a ship that you see a very obvious reason to, you can point it out, but don't be mean about it. Remember not every MLP fan watches every single episode and pays attention to every little detail.

I know my pick is going to be very controversial as it's one of, if not THE most popular ship in MLP, but it is my choice. I say Lyrabon

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.58ca0926be589f4329ff2d4ad2e5dc96.jpg.073009ef93623efa1654096258cf8c1c.jpg

Before everyone grabs their pitchforks, let me explain.

Most of the popular background pony ships are terrible, like Sweetiemash, Derpywhooves, Octascratch, Carajack, pretty much all of them. But Lyrabon to me, easily takes the dry cake. This ship just feels like such a nothing ship to me. It feels so bland and pointless. I do know this ship was made because they're almost always together... That's it... And I don't get it. It is just such dumb logic. When I was younger and saw these two together I always thought it meant they were best friends, but NOPE. Appearently not. Nothing can EVER be platonic in this world! The only time these characters got scenes together that actually prove something more is between them, it was after "Slice of life". And at that point, it was just for fanservice, so to me it doesn't count. It feels like they're together just so people can feed their inner lesbian (I'm not against lesbians. It's just very unfortunate that in MLP most of the girls are best friends or sisters)
To sum it up, this is a dumb ship that shouldn't exist.

Edited by FlutterIsBestAlicorn
I wanted to make sure this wouldn't be cancelled before I type all this out

6 hours ago, FlutterIsBestAlicorn said:

Twilight x Mordecai

While plausibility is not a requirement for shipping, why did this one become as notable as it did? All I know is that it involves airplanes and shooting stars somehow, but I do not know the context beyond that.

18 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

While plausibility is not a requirement for shipping, why did this one become as notable as it did? All I know is that it involves airplanes and shooting stars somehow, but I do not know the context beyond that.

I think people shipped this because of the "I could really use a wish right now" memes

• 2 weeks later...

Any ship involving Discord. The huge age difference between him and any other character, as well as the whole interspecies thing, really skeeve me out. :mlp_gag: Not to mention the plethora of other issues with (post-"reformation") Discord's character in the show. :dry: