Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How were the lockdowns for you?

Reecejackox

Didn't affect my job that I had at the time at all, honestly the worst part about it for me was having to use drive thru's and mobile pick up for restaurants (I like eating in the dining areas). I guess not having any shows to go to for a couple years was a bummer but it did help me save money lol.

Meh it seems same to me beside not working but I can’t complain. I do missed seeing less people around almost every where I go. It was so damn nice, like it was every introverted’s dream. 

It wasn't the worst thing for me. I basically spent two years doing nothing and yeah, while that sounds unhealthy, it actually really helped me out in the long run. Lack of social interaction did suck though. :rarity:

It didn't really change much for me at all. I was just starting 8th grade I think? But I already started online school a year prior so it didnt affect me lol. A lot of my friends online had to do remote schooling though so it was cool that they were more available while it lasted

It didn't affect my lifestyle much considering I stay indoors anyways. (profile picture for accurate reference)

Well there might be two things though that I loved: work felt so much quicker since we didn't really have to prepare food for both dine-in and takeout. Only for takeout. And, it was very quick going to and from work, no traffic! Which also meant no being blinded by people with extremely extreme powerful high beams on, no people who decide to blackout all their lights at night, no people who refuse to use their blinkers, so on so forth. That was nice! But other than that, no lifestyle change for me.

I do understand that a lot of people were affected by it negatively though, that makes me feel awful because I have no personal way of knowing how that felt but I can see their sadness so visibly! :(

Quiet and peaceful. Not much different from the self-imposed quarantine we have been living in most of our lives here. Since my family suffers from developmental problems and all the mental disorders that come with having extra chromosomes.
Thus, we have made a little safe-heaven for ourselves. Like our personal psychiatric ward, if you will. Because I have to protect my mother from the world. Since, she is too efficient at setting herself on fire, if you understand my meaning. Yes, insanity. A weaker and faulty body leads to a weaker and faulty mind.

So, yeah. The lockdown was like any other day for us. Just more peaceful. But all things come to an end. And the world needs to keep going, regardless of our sickness.

The time of the world lockdowns didn't affect me much, I was ironically working more than ever that year when they began. Those first two months when they were happening, that was the only mildly impactful period to me when there was a curfew and I needed an excuse from my work in case I got pulled over and no restaurant was allowing people to dine in. Once more places were starting to open up again, it didn't click to me as some big thing, happy as I was to finally have a chair to sit on again at my favorite bookstore. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

We were never under house arrest here. Just restaurants and such were closed but there were still drive throughs. I ignored everything as much as possible and wore a mask as little as possible without getting fired.

There are still people wearing masks and I want to smack them.

• Brohoof 1

Some good did come from it for me. I started working from home and continue to do so. Without Covid and the lockdowns I doubt that it would even be considered. 

The lockdowns were not that bad here though, the most strict lockdown was when it was forbidden to to to another city. 

Lockdowns didn't last too long where I live, but I kept myself in a lockdown until April 2021 when I was vaccinated. So, personally, lockdown was for roughly a year. For that year, I never went in anywhere except for doctor's appointments here and there. We ordered groceries to be brought to the car.

How was it for me? Refreshing. Turns out being an introvert and being addicted to the internet has its benefits while everyone else is going crazy. It's like I was BUILT for this. Lol.

Lockdowns are over, but the COVID threat is not over for me as I am immuno-compromised. I have to be very careful and always wear a mask in public aside from in rehearsals where I can't play my instrument with my mask on. lol

How were the lockdowns? Absurd. I can’t imagine a bigger waste of life or a stupider way of handling the situation. More people got sick being all locked up without fresh air and sunlight, and no one could develop antibodies against anything by hiding away from the world. As a result, immune systems were bottoming-out and more sicknesses occurred. Only high-risk people needed to be so obsessively defensive. Everyone else could have lived cautious but sensible lives and it would have been much better. There were many problems caused that people didn’t expect when they sentenced others to these absurd methods. My new permanent houseguest was in an abusive situation in her (previous) home that she couldn’t get away from, and all because some jackasses who wanted to look proactive decided to shut down the whole world and lock people away. And good luck if you ever want to see major businesses open 24 hours again, or offering full service as they did before. Now that companies have seen they can get away with cutting corners and offering fewer goods and services than before, they’re going to continue that downward spiral of giving less and charging more. Lockdowns were nothing but as asinine joke on the whole world, and it’s never going to recover.

• Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

How were the lockdowns? Absurd. I can’t imagine a bigger waste of life or a stupider way of handling the situation. More people got sick being all locked up without fresh air and sunlight, and no one could develop antibodies against anything by hiding away from the world. As a result, immune systems were bottoming-out and more sicknesses occurred. Only high-risk people needed to be so obsessively defensive. Everyone else could have lived cautious but sensible lives and it would have been much better. There were many problems caused that people didn’t expect when they sentenced others to these absurd methods. My new permanent houseguest was in an abusive situation in her (previous) home that she couldn’t get away from, and all because some jackasses who wanted to look proactive decided to shut down the whole world and lock people away. And good luck if you ever want to see major businesses open 24 hours again, or offering full service as they did before. Now that companies have seen they can get away with cutting corners and offering fewer goods and services than before, they’re going to continue that downward spiral of giving less and charging more. Lockdowns were nothing but as asinine joke on the whole world, and it’s never going to recover.

Well said. I was saying the same things early on and made a lot of enemies for doing so. But it is the truth.

The panic was absurd. And the people who needed the most care were virtually ignored...and some were left to die alone. All the while the media frenzy and sheepish acquiescence to the 'virtue' or masking/lockdown/shutdown/mandate/vaccine holiness. Utterly fake righteousness to deceive people into passive conformity. It was a catastrophe of the human spirit. Of all the things in this world - your family and friends matter more than anything. To rip people away from that when they are suffering, vulnerable, scared...it's unforgivable. I am still furious over all of this. Especially after a dear loved one was misdiagnosed with COVID all the while she was suffering from a bacterial infection in her spine and brain. It was the worse kind of suffering I have ever seen...but oh...I'm so glad everyone was wearing a mask and had a COVID test. After 4 ER visits they finally did a CT scan and found lesions all over her brain. By that time she was pretty much catatonic - she was blind, barely talked, too weak to walk, couldn't hold anything down, her memory was gone. I just can't understand any of this...how many people were turned away from care because of all this. It happened right in front of me. But I DEMANDED answers. Thankfully...she was saved by a young, brilliant infectious disease doctor willing enough to find out what happened, after weeks of illness. It was devastating to my life. I did everything in my power to help her...but we were completely alone.

The lockdowns? They crushed my industry. Factories closed, got caught way behind, and now they only sell to mega-corporations and discontinued hundreds of parts that used to be mainstream.

This was a self-inflicted hell on Earth. Much worse than people want to admit. The body count is ENORMOUS and counting - and not from covid, but from the 'cure' for covid.

• Brohoof 1

More bad, than good, good got more time in bed, watch more on series and anime and get to play videogames more, but alot worse cos I lost my job, my money went down fast (even it in 2021) and spend time in the house my dad has dementia, my mum had to look after him and been having so much stress, had blood pressure and had a go at us (worry about her health), did had fallout with famliy and no money come in. I now work shy, I get so nerves before interview and if I ever get a job I be nerves and scared than overjoyed.

I believe lockdown ruin everything and believe it a bad and dumb idea, panic of covid come from governament and media and idiots.Also mask and social distancing is also stupid, Some people panic too much and cry over some not wearing the mask. I did panic before lockdown and was upset about it when this covid panic gone too far. Also been thinking what I miss when it wasn't for lockdown, also not sure I be still working in the same area if it wasn't for lockdown.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm remembering it correctly, I was working quite often during that time at an "essential business", so they didn't close despite the pandemic. So basically I had at least something to do part of the pandemic.

Not a time I wish to remember. All I’ll say is that the people who supported lockdowns had safe, comfortable lives to begin with. For many of us, there were many things much worse than covid, but lockdown supporters showed how selfish and unempathetic they were under the guise of “protecting others”. It’s not protection when you are causing people less fortunate than you to suffer.

• Brohoof 3

@Mirage I’m so sorry you had to deal with that kind of situation. It was infuriating and, worst of all, pointless. No one will ever know the true extent of the damage caused by the lockdowns. But hey, some idiots with nothing better to do got a pat on the head for it and got that all-important positive reinforcement. And the propaganda that perpetuated the nonsense was so obvious, yet no one listened because few people do their own research or read beyond the headlines.

• Brohoof 1