Banner by ~ SFyr

S01:EP55 - Bridlewoodstock

Props Valroa

This Episode was pretty funny and I liked it a lot. Pipp getting dirty always made me laugh. It's not the best episode, but it's not a bad one! 

• Brohoof 2

This was a good, well-needed step up from the last episode that fell short with its weak recap plot. Very standard episode that did admittedly make me roll my eyes at the part when Rufus didn't recognize Pipp, reusing that silly gag from Pippsqueaks Forever where Pipp's fans can't recognize Pipp for a silly reason, but it's everything that I expect from a TYT episode done adequately. I really laughed at the part with Zipp and the filters and how the group was able to find their footing without needing Pipp to save the day. Only other complaint is the lazy title, easy distinction from the MYM special would've been nice. At least our other confirmed TYT episode about Bridlewoodstock will have a unique title. 

The new episode is finally here?  It's almost a week late, so I was starting to get a bit concerned.

It's alright, but kind of a poor pony's Saddle Row Review.  It's a bit odd that this episode is tying into a special that happened before the events that the previous one recaps, but I've come to accept that anything goes with TYT, and G5 in general, at this point.  Tattoos of any kind, let alone of the temp variety make zero sense on ponies, but whatever.  That part with that pony not recognizing Pipp could have been cut without losing much.  The resolution came a bit quickly, as the other ponies kind of randomly just decided "let's do our own thing", which Izzy was doing all along, but for some reason it wasn't good up until that point, and then it was.  I get the message of this episode, but do wish the delivery was handled better.  Maybe the five minute format is once again to blame here, but I suppose I've long since come to accept the mediocrity and mixed-baggery that comes as a result of this dance.  

23 minutes ago, AlbaTross said:

The new episode is finally here?  It's almost a week late, so I was starting to get a bit concerned.

The new episode came out right on schedule, it's this episode thread that has now been made. The OP was just busy.  

27 minutes ago, AlbaTross said:

It's a bit odd that this episode is tying into a special that happened before the events that the previous one recaps

Bridlewoodstock (MYM) takes place after Missing the Mark, it was the original Chapter 5. 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The new episode came out right on schedule, it's this episode thread that has now been made. The OP was just busy.  

Bridlewoodstock (MYM) takes place after Missing the Mark, it was the original Chapter 5. 

Ah, I see.  It’s odd that the special that supposedly takes place after the events of Chapter 4 shows up before it on Netflix.  I suppose there’s very little about it that really makes a difference where it fits in the timeline though, other than it being post-Chapter 3.  

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this seemed kind of similar to Saddle Row Review... And the part where Rufus didn't recognize Pipp? Like, really? And how to tattoos work on fur? I have no idea what to make of this episode.