Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What don't you like about the show and what would make you quit?

Silly Lily

(edited)

We all have our likes but even our favorites could potentially become non-favorites due to apathy or dislike.

Even though it's not a "nice idea", what would make you stop/slow your liking about MLP? and what could make you lose interest or even turn you off MLP?

Posted Image

Edited by ponyundefined

When the show is bland, gag oriented, filled with countless pop culture references and made just for selling toys and pony merchandise.

When that happen, you can count on me to become a full-fledged hater that will continuously pour hell to all bronies

• Brohoof 3

I'd be a little deterred from the show if Merriwether Williams (The writer of 'The Mysterious Mare Do Well' and 'Dragon Quest') became a more prominent writer in future episodes, over the likes of Lauren Faust and Cindy Morrow. I can't say that I'm much of a fan of her writing style.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If all future episodes were all Rainbow Dash based, I'd never watch again.

~

This, if that happened this would be my reaction:

Posted Image

That or if Andrea Libman quit the show.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 2

A lot would be needed to get me to stop getting my fix of pony. . .

If the show's quality degraded to the point where it was just absolutely unbearable like most television nowadays, I'd drop those episodes and just simply rewatch all the good ones. If the voice actors changed I might have trouble watching it as I'm so used to everypony's voices now that hearing something different would be strange.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty much if the show started becoming a soap opera. That would make me stop watching it. We have too many of those, and they're all the same show.

Edited by SBaby

(edited)

Only two things would make me lose interest in this show:

1. The writers get lazy and the overall quality of the show starts to degrade

2. They cancel the series

Other than that, there is really no reason I could see myself not liking the show.

If all future episodes were all Rainbow Dash based, I'd never watch again.

~

This, if that happened this would be my reaction:

Posted Image

That or if Andrea Libman quit the show.

Awww come onnnn :) Rainbow is best pony

But yeah, I'd have to agree. Not because I have anything against Rainbow Dash (She is and will probably always be my favorite pony) but because one of the great things about this show is that every character has they're special moments to shine.

This show has a good sense of balance so far, If they went crazy and turned the main focus of the show on ANY single character the show would start to suck IMHO.

All they need to do now is give Applejack her own song, then I can truly say everypony has had they're moment to shine :)

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 3

Pretty much if the show started becoming a soap opera. That would make me stop watching it. We have too many of those, and they're all the same show.

I think I'm going to have nightmares now. :(

(edited)

I think I'm going to have nightmares now. :(

I know. But I've seen that happen to other shows. I think FiM is at least relatively safe from this, but there's no definite guarantee.

Edited by SBaby

I know. But I've seen that happen to other shows. I think FiM is at least relatively safe from this, but there's no definite guarantee.

Luckily I haven't seen that happen to any animated shows I know of, so we should be safe from those horrors. ;)

As already mentioned, I would probably quit if the voice actors were replaced, but I can't really think of anything else. I would even keep watching if we got a new main cast, assuming the old Mane 6 would still play major parts in the episodes often.

(edited)

When the show is bland, gag oriented, filled with countless pop culture references and made just for selling toys and pony merchandise.

When that happen, you can count on me to become a full-fledged hater that will continuously pour hell to all bronies

This as well, I sometimes worry that once the writers run out of ideas, they'll resort to memes, celebrity guest voices, and popculture references to the max. Kinda like how every other episode of the simpsons nowadays has a celebrity guest star.

Edited by Pegasus25

Like what most people have been saying, i would only stop watching if the quality dropped. I may also stop watching if all the episodes were centered around pinkie pie but I doubt the writers would shift focus onto one single character (knock on wood).

I'd probably stop watching if the quality went way down or if every episode resorted to ridiculous overused cartoon gags. I'd watch Loony Tunes if I wanted to see that. Not saying there's anything wrong with Loony Tunes of course. I just don't want to see MLP go down that route and end up like every other kids show on TV.

If there were a situation similar to Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain, where the quality of writing dropped precipitously, I might stop watching. It would have to be truly awful for me to "quit" MLP. More likely than not, however, I would watch the episodes at least once, grimacing and lamenting over the degradation in quality.