Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming FINAL FANTASY XIV 1.0 & 2.0 Discussion!

FIuttershy

General Discussion Thread

for all things pertaining to FINAL FANTASY XIV, both version 1.0 and late 2012's 2.0.

I will also answer any questions anypony may have about the game, if they've played it in the past and gave it up or has become interested after reading about the major changes to come.

FFXIV News and Updates: The Lodestone

FFXIV_2.0_Outline_EN.pdf

FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

FFXIV_2.0_Specs_EN.pdf

FFXIV_2.0_Systems_and_Content_EN.pdf

Edited by MyKotoShi

Well to be honest, because this is an online MMO, which only 1 other SQUARE game was (being FINAL FANTASY XI), I can't really place comparisons against the other 12 that came before it. However, you can still ride chocobos and enjoy a rich story. You create your own character from 5 different races, where you can then customize to your liking (this will drastically change for the better come 2.0 with more options).

The battles are much different than past games, due to it being an MMO, and takes from the experience SQUARE has from their first MMO, FFXI.

The game, unfortunately, is heavy on grinding for the time being until 2012. This is due to the first producer's vision of the world, which didn't work out on a game play perspective.

• Brohoof 1

A question I have is this:

Was what I heard true how you can only play for a set amount of time before your character needs rest which can take days or something like that?

That's not exactly what the news was exactly but I don't remember it very well. I don't like the idea that I can only play the game for a couple hours at a time before it stops letting me do stuff, if I wanna play all freakin' day, I wanna be able to play it!

Is the fighting like traditional MMO style (the rate you strike is based off stats and weapon speed)

The answer to this used to be a big fat no, lol. But SE has changed the game quite drastically and it is a lot like XI if you've played that, and ultimately to answer your question: Yes, it does.

A question I have is this:

Was what I heard true how you can only play for a set amount of time before your character needs rest which can take days or something like that?

This used to be true as well, but you get 99% of players sending hate mail to SQUARE for such a stupid design, they eventually got rid of it completely. There is no more cool down-like obstacle in your way of leveling.

Edited by MyKotoShi

Good gooooood, then I might actually consider getting it when I get a new PC for gaming. It was the only thing holding me back from wanting the game in the first place. (Aside from the fact that it's not on PS3 and I don't have a 360 or Gaming PC yet lol)

So I see it does have a storyline as well. This is good news cuz I don't want it to be like FlyForFun that had nothing beyond it's grind-heavy fetchquests. Once you got to level 20 and got the ability to fly the game lost all it's charm for me. If there's a story to accomodate FFXIV then I'll have more reason to play it.

I'll post the PDF's SQUARE released regarding the 2.0 outline, but to point it out now, the PS3 version is planned to release a couple months after 2.0 software distribution in SEP-DEC 1012.

PDF's will be edited up top for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

Wow, and here I am getting pumped for Final Fantasy 13-2. Definitely worth checking out. :)

Thanks for reminding me that

Orphan loves to kick my ass and I haven't beaten it yet. I gotta grind like crazy before I'm gonna be able to beat him. >_<

Thanks for reminding me that

Orphan loves to kick my ass and I haven't beaten it yet. I gotta grind like crazy before I'm gonna be able to beat him. >_<

Try getting the Growth Egg, it's invaluable. Otherwise, Sulvya Springs (I think that's how it's spelled) is a great place to grind. Over 22000 CP for everytime you clear the area. ;)