Jump to content

What is your favorite scent?


luckyjulia

Recommended Posts

Mine is either vanilla extract or coffee. :squee:

I also like just about any hand soaps from Bath & Body Works, it reminds me of my aunt 'cause she would always have those in her bathroom.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The smell of a horse. Overwhelmed by their calm secure being that they are. Now I don't mean the smell of disgusting stables and horse shit. No, the smell of a free clean horse out in the open. It's subtle and soft like nothing else I have smelled.

  • Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still the smell of old airplanes, such a unique smell. Like grease, oil, leather, fabrics and that electronics smell all mixed together. Old cars sometimes smell like it too.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Vanilla, Spring and fuel.. I'm weird :jazz-hooves-please:

Nope, I love that too, completely normal... or no I'm not normal, but hey who cares *lol*

4 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Still the smell of old airplanes, such a unique smell. Like grease, oil, leather, fabrics and that electronics smell all mixed together. Old cars sometimes smell like it too.

OH, yes I remember that smell too. Lovely 😍 

  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Still the smell of old airplanes...

Have never smelled it but sounds extremely romantic ^•^

38 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Vanilla, Spring and fuel.. I'm weird :jazz-hooves-please:

Gas smells nice, actually. If it's not too much. It smells like a horse powers! Wroom wroom!

 

Talking about me, besides obvious smells of food and flowers I enjoy smell of books. New books have smell of typography, old ones smell totally different but I love it.

Also I like smell of pine forest, It's so humid and mushroomy ^•^ and piney

  • Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

Fresh cut grass, or after a rain.

Freshly cut grass is such a nostalgic scent for me... It reminds me of when I used to play outside as a little girl. Rain is also a favorite scent of mine that I totally forgot about. It's kinda like aromatherapy, it relaxes me and makes me feel at ease.

1 hour ago, Princess Celestia said:

The smell of a horse. Overwhelmed by their calm secure being that they are. Now I don't mean the smell of disgusting stables and horse shit. No, the smell of a free clean horse out in the open. It's subtle and soft like nothing else I have smelled.

:laugh: I had a good laugh while reading this. Horse shit is most definitely a repulsive smell. But I've never actually smelt a horse before, the way you describe it makes me curious as to what it's like. I've been thinking of taking a horseback riding class, and my main fear is that the horses would stink, but I know the place I'm thinking of takes care of their horses really well and hearing that (clean) horses don't smell bad totally eliminates that :fluttershy:

40 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Vanilla, Spring and fuel.. I'm weird :jazz-hooves-please:

I used to like the scent of fuel too. I don't know why, but as I've gotten older it's become less appealing to me. Maybe it was that one time my mom spilled fuel on my shoes? I'm not sure. But either way, liking the smell of fuel is actually pretty common:)

  • Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cashmere Woods :izzy-shine: or almost anything cashmere related! It's a nostalgic scent to me.
Pack of 4) Glade Cashmere Woods Air Freshener Spray Deodorizer 8 oz Each |  eBay

  • Excited 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My top three five:

  • A concrete driveway when it just starts to rain.
  • The musty smell when you turn your furnace on for the first time of the season.  So cozy.  :D
  • When you first walk into a pizzeria.  Not the pizza itself, although that's great, too, but specifically just the smell of the whole place and everything cooking combined right when you step in.
  • Mixed Halloween candy.  Specifically, a bowl full of various name-brand chocolate miniatures.  So, get a variety pack of Hershey's miniatures with the milk, dark, Krackle, and Mr. Goodbar, some mini Reese's cups, Twix, Snickers, and a few Nestle Crunch's for good measure, stir that all up in a big bowl, the stick your face in and long inhale.  That is unequivocally my favorite smell on Earth.  It's deliciousness, carefree innocence, and nostalgia combined
On 2024-05-11 at 2:13 PM, Princess Celestia said:

The smell of a horse.

Yes, this.  They smell wonderful, don't they?

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freshly blooming Jasmine (especially Star Jasmine), hot asphalt, chlorine, gasoline, Sharpie markers, new leather, new cars, new plastic toys, smog, and freshly cleaned hotel rooms. It’s unfortunate that no one seems to make air fresheners in these scents. Go figure.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

new plastic toys,

I can't believe I forgot about this one in my post! I also love the smell of fresh plastic and vinyl. I used to sniff the heads of my LPS all the time :P

  • smile 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be the first to say my favorite scent is that of my husband. :adorkable: He always smells so good to me, especially when we cuddle. Other than him though...I love the smell of candles, dinner cooking, and freshly cut grass and rain on a hot summer afternoon. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)

Vanilla in general 

Then rose (I know I know, smell like toilet perfume :mlp_nom:

And last one, plastic when you buy a new toy, video game or any mechanical system (I mean, the scents of mech stuff in theme parks!!!)

Edited by VixyVixen95
  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2024-05-11 at 11:25 PM, SharpWit said:

Apologies for the carnal nature of mine :laugh:

A cooking steak and my girlfriend's neck :sealed:

Aww, :wub:That's so cute

But steak... The smell of steak is enough to make my mouth water even if I'm not hungry. The way my dad makes it is sooo good, it's always been a favorite food of mine since I was a child.

On 2024-05-11 at 11:33 PM, Gaines said:

Cashmere Woods :izzy-shine: or almost anything cashmere related! It's a nostalgic scent to me.
Pack of 4) Glade Cashmere Woods Air Freshener Spray Deodorizer 8 oz Each |  eBay

This scent is my entire childhood! It's the only scent of air freshener my parents will buy, and I don't blame them. It's a delightful smell:squee:

On 2024-05-13 at 12:55 PM, Justin_Case001 said:

My top three five:

  • A concrete driveway when it just starts to rain.
  • The musty smell when you turn your furnace on for the first time of the season.  So cozy.  :D
  • When you first walk into a pizzeria.  Not the pizza itself, although that's great, too, but specifically just the smell of the whole place and everything cooking combined right when you step in.
  • Mixed Halloween candy.  Specifically, a bowl full of various name-brand chocolate miniatures.  So, get a variety pack of Hershey's miniatures with the milk, dark, Krackle, and Mr. Goodbar, some mini Reese's cups, Twix, Snickers, and a few Nestle Crunch's for good measure, stir that all up in a big bowl, the stick your face in and long inhale.  That is unequivocally my favorite smell on Earth.  It's deliciousness, carefree innocence, and nostalgia combined

Yes, this.  They smell wonderful, don't they?

The smell of pizzerias is so delicious... I haven't been to a pizzeria in a while. This is making me want pizza now>_>

My stomach is grumbling... I think I should go get some food :adorkable:

  • Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, VixyVixen95 said:

any mechanical system (I mean, the scents of mech stuff in theme parks!!!)

Yessss this one too! Roller coaster lift chains always smell like that. The D.C Metro had the same smell to it as well. A mix of grease and oil and metal.

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2024-05-15 at 2:36 AM, Iforgotmybrain said:

Yessss this one too! Roller coaster lift chains always smell like that. The D.C Metro had the same smell to it as well. A mix of grease and oil and metal.

Also the smell of pirate of the Caribbean :izzy-shine:

  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2024-05-11 at 11:33 PM, Gaines said:

Cashmere Woods :izzy-shine: or almost anything cashmere related! It's a nostalgic scent to me.
Pack of 4) Glade Cashmere Woods Air Freshener Spray Deodorizer 8 oz Each |  eBay

I gotta agree with this! 

  • Excited 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seared onions and I'm dead serious about that. It's a good indication that dinner will be delicious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 2024-05-12 at 6:26 AM, Silly Druid said:

The smell of ozone after a storm.

Our ozone smell of cockroach though:pip-err:

Edited by Evil Pink One
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Glade's Berry scent, whatever they call it now. Years ago it was Radiant Berry, but I don't think they call it that anymore. It's always a good scent whatever they call it, though! lol I always used to have a candle of that in my bathroom.

Glade's Peony and Cherry was also amazing. I don't see it around anymore. =(

For perfumes I like Victoria's Secret's Love Spell and Bath and Body Works' Rose.

For body wash I like Suave's Cherry Blossom. Cheap, but smells good! (Most scents called Cherry Blossom I don't like, though.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...