Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"It's a man thing." Uhm whut?

Shankveld

Yesterday night my friends and I dragged our boys out and all went out together. During this outing some nearby men made some generous comment about my appearance. My friends informed me of this and we went back to our table and told my fiancée. My fiancée told me he knew they were talking about me because they looked at me and then looked at him. He said, "whenever a man sees a good-looking girl, they always check out the guy she is with." "Why?" "It's a guy thing." The other guys shook their head in agreement and I stayed confused.

Guys explain?

If they see a good lookin' girl with a guy they think is "beneath them", they can feel good about themselves for a short while because then they have the illusion that because they think they look better, they can get even cuter girls.

As a guy, I must say it's very true, and kind of lame.

• Brohoof 1

Guys explain?

He's sizing up the competition of course.

Yeah, to size up competition - sometimes to make sure the girl isn't taken or anything. If you spot a girl and guy together, most likely he will figure that they are together.

About the "it's a guy thing" - yeah, I can totally relate. Whenever I spot a good-looking girl, I always check to make sure to look out for other boys around her, partially because I could go and talk to her. If this were in the vicinity of some guy that's her boyfriend, then I could get my ass handed to me or yelled at.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Probably comparison. 'Is the guy she's with worth her in my opinion? *looks*'.

Seems right to me.

You see the things about "Guy things" is that guys don't understand them themselves.

da fuck? o.O

i'm a guy and what is this.

QED.

Edited by Tom

It means you're hot, and he wants to know what he has to get through to be with you. "Sizing up the competition" as Finest put it.

If your fiancee looks small, weak, ugly, etc. then whoever is checking you out will probably be more confident. (Not sayin' your fiancee is ugly...just makin' an example) ;D

• Brohoof 1

In that case, Shankveld's fiancee is VERY good.

Never have I heard such a straight truth.

When i guy sees a girl they like and another guy with them, they check out the other guy to see what he looks like in comparison than wonder if they can/cannot get a girl

Whether or not the guy is in the same league as the girl and can also be to tell if it is a good idea to try to talk to her or not.

-See a buff dude with some chick? Dont even take the chance at having your face smashed in, unless, you just feel you can handle it.

-See a nerd that fits the stereotype perfectly with a really cute girl? Either feel bad about yourself for not having one like or better than her or feel good about yourself thinking you can get a better girl.

It means you're hot, and he wants to know what he has to get through to be with you. "Sizing up the competition" as Finest put it.

If your fiancee looks small, weak, ugly, etc. then whoever is checking you out will probably be more confident. (Not sayin' your fiancee is ugly...just makin' an example) ;D

Well the young men never approached me, so I guess that's a compliment towards my fiancee :P ~

• Brohoof 1

Usually, it's to see if the girl is even with a guy. Then they look at him to see if it is even possible to wrest the girl away from him. But, meh, I just would stick with my usual answer: Men are animals.

(edited)

HE SHOULD HAVE STARTED A BAR FIGHT.

EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT IN A BAR, BAR FIGHTS ARE STILL COOL.

YOU GUYS SHOULD TRACK HIM DOWN, TIE HIM TO YOUR TORTURE ROOM, AND CONSTANTLY TICKLE HIM UNTIL HE CRIES.

Not saying that it's horribly horrible, I just think that it's a very funny way to torture someone.

And to answer your question, he was either checking if he was better than your boyfriend, or he was comparing. Or both.

Actually, I don't know shit. I just like to feel useful.

Edited by Engie (Croaks)
  • Brohoof 1

He thinks you are good looking, and wants to see if the guy you were with was your boyfriend (fiancée in this case). he wants to see the competition he is facing and/or deliberately getting your attention, and making you feel like "hmm maybe this guy is better than the guy I am with now"

P.S. That made no sense whatsoever when I read it through.

deliberately getting your attention, and making you feel like "hmm maybe this guy is better than the guy I am with now"

And they say women are manipulative. :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

Yesterday night my friends and I dragged our boys out and all went out together. During this outing some nearby men made some generous comment about my appearance. My friends informed me of this and we went back to our table and told my fiancée. My fiancée told me he knew they were talking about me because they looked at me and then looked at him. He said, "whenever a man sees a good-looking girl, they always check out the guy she is with." "Why?" "It's a guy thing." The other guys shook their head in agreement and I stayed confused.

Guys explain?

He is doing what Kohta said. Looking at the competition. It is a primitive thing to do, but it is summat natural. Even gay men do this. So in essence, it is a "guy thing" :)

What he said,

Out of topic:

PLEASE MAINTAIN YOUR RP'S BY POSTING IN THEM.