Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"It's a man thing." Uhm whut?

Shankveld

(edited)

I think it depends on the guy(s). Assuming one type of people have one thing entirely in common is a farfetched idea. I'm saying this becuase the phrase "It's a guy thing" sounds like it's generalizing and categorizing things, just like the phrase "It's a girl thing." Though, from what you said, it still seems a bit ambiguous, like we don't know enough.

Maybe those guys were checking you out, and they realized how far to go since you have a fiancé.

Edited by This Day Aria

When I do this, I'm not sizing up the competition, I'm seeing if there's any at all. If the girl is with someone, she's totally off limits as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to start anything.

• Brohoof 1

Please tell me they didn't ask to give you a massage...

Apparently I'm quite intimidating,

so not a lot of guys approach me x)

The engagement ring doesn't help either.

Yeah, funnily enough, a girl already being married/engaged is big turn off for most guys :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Disregard this double post that somehow didn't merge into one post. And somebody report it because I can't from my mobile browsing device.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

If I saw you in public I'd be like "OHMYGAWDIT'SSHANKY" then run up for an epic brohoof then flee back to AMURRICA.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Haha, it means they think you look good and they're looking at him to see if they think they are better looking than him. If they think they are, then they know that they can get good looking girls.

..Haha typical boys :lol:

Edited by Jokuc

Haha, it means they think you look good and they're looking at him to see if they think they are better looking than him. If they think they are, then they know that they can get good looking girls.

..Haha typical boys :lol:

More like "typical males". It's a primitive thing, something we just do by nature. Even old men(especially old men) who have no intention of "competing" do this. There are of course exceptions.

Men and women both do this. Things are not as clear-cut and decidedly gender-specific as they seem on the surface. That is a good lesson to learn for all judgements. This is reflected in the yin-yang. Yin and yang may be different, but neither are entirely one or the other. Some women are loud and boisterous and sexual, while some men are reserved and almost prudish. Some people are transsexual, asexual, and some people are gay.

What I'm getting at is, don't read too much into something being a "man" thing or a "woman" thing. Sure, you ladies might not understand some things about men, and while we don't understand some things about you, we can still get along.

• 7 years later...

Yeah ummm I’ve noticed this a lot when I’m out with my boyfriend. I guess I’m just so pretty I drive the guys to competition. :toldya:

More like a “human thing to do” since girls would do the same. But those who judges because of that reason, I can see why they’re still single. 

I honestly do this to other guys from time to time... :blush: I guess it's a sort of primal urge to mate or something that would drive it. It's also not only a guy thing. Girls do it too. I know because I've seen it and heard it as well. :sealed:

Guys do it for different reasons. A lot of times people think they're "sizing up the competition", but I myself (and a lot of guys I know) give a nod to the guy, as sort of a silent "Damn dude, you're lucky" or other compliment.

It's usually not meant to be disrespectful or offensive.