FedoraMemes

A question for female bronies

Ladies: Pegasister or Brony?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself a Pegasister or a Brony or either?

• Pegasister
    • Brony
    • Either

Ok, so there have been many instances (be it on the forums or on YouTube) where girls don't like being called Pegasisters. Can anyone tell me why some prefer to be called just a brony, or female brony? There have been some instances where they get very stressy about being called a Pegasister.

(edited)

Because brony is more commonly used. Pegasister seems to distance the female bronies from the male bronies. I believe in us all being called bronies.

Edited by Dragonzoid

To me it's like "pegasister" is pointing out that you are a girl, and showing that you are different. That bothers me a little. Then again, I'm sort of big on the whole gender equality thing. I'm not sure what it could be for others. :P

To me it's like "pegasister" is pointing out that you are a girl, and showing that you are different. That bothers me a little. Then again, I'm sort of big on the whole gender equality thing. I'm not sure what it could be for others. :P

No no, I agree with you.

No no, I agree with you.

Good pony.

In my group of friends, though, there's one or two that prefer pegasister and adamantly demand we use that for the females. So that just may be another reason I argue profusely that I am a "brony."

Personally, I thought Pegasister sounded cool. It sort of fizzled and died out though. Oh well. I'm a Brony now!

Personally, I thought Pegasister sounded cool. It sort of fizzled and died out though. Oh well. I'm a Brony now!

Same. I actually thought it was a really badass name!

I liked the name-it's cool-but people just say brony so it's whatever. I don't really care. :P

Same. I actually thought it was a really badass name!

I liked the name-it's cool-but people just say brony so it's whatever. I don't really care. :P

Maybe we should try and bring it back!

Maybe we should try and bring it back!

Agreed!

Well, the equality thing is one thing. Another thing is that I just like the word "brony" more. Brony sounds something that someone just invented spontaneously, but pegasister sounds like "Hmm, we have BROny, we need something for females... pony girl? No no no.... Unigirl? No! Way no! ... Pegasister? okays..."

I don't see why females can't be called bronies. Saying "pegasister" sounds like someones jumping up and down screaming "I'M A GIRL I'M A GIRL".

That's why I prefer the term "brony".

(I am not a girl) a Blunty3000 did on youtube he used the like and dislike bar if everyone should be called a brony or separably and just using the term brony won

Well, the equality thing is one thing. Another thing is that I just like the word "brony" more. Brony sounds something that someone just invented spontaneously, but pegasister sounds like "Hmm, we have BROny, we need something for females... pony girl? No no no.... Unigirl? No! Way no! ... Pegasister? okays..."

I don't see why females can't be called bronies. Saying "pegasister" sounds like someones jumping up and down screaming "I'M A GIRL I'M A GIRL".

That's why I prefer the term "brony".

True, but I think (not sure if my information is accurate) that it was some of the female bronies who made the name up. Remember, I'm not entirely sure this is true.

I feel bad I never liked the terms "brony" or "pegasister" due to the whole "bronies are male" thing.

I just call myself a pony fan.

But I have to admit when I heard "Pegasister" and got called one; I thought it was cute. But after a while it wasn't cute. I also wish there was a unicorn term instead. Probably would have liked it a bit more. Heheh.

I like being called brony! I was surprised when my friend didn't want to be called "brony".

I don't care if "brony" has "bro" in it. People hardly use the term "pegasisters" when talking about the fans. "Brony" is our name and is used everywhere. As nice as "pegasister" sounds, "brony" just sounds right.

I'm female. I don't mind "Pegasister." It's OK. I like "Brony," too. I think if I were on another forum and started calling myself a Brony, people would assume I'm male. That could be annoying. Really, the only reason I would use "Pegasister" would be for this reason.

Maybe there should be a new word?

Sister + Brony = Stony? LOL.

Gynopony? LOL again. That sounds almost disturbing.

Maybe we should just call ourselves "Lady Bronies."

I'm female. I don't mind "Pegasister." It's OK. I like "Brony," too. I think if I were on another forum and started calling myself a Brony, people would assume I'm male. That could be annoying. Really, the only reason I would use "Pegasister" would be for this reason.

Maybe there should be a new word?

Sister + Brony = Stony? LOL.

Gynopony? LOL again. That sounds almost disturbing.

Maybe we should just call ourselves "Lady Bronies."

(guy here) it seems like the problem with the differntiation between "brony" and "pegasister" is more that it seems like we are separating the males from the females.

Honestly while i do respect the dislike for the differentiation i don't see it as marking anyone unequal, it's almost like the MLP form of "male" and "female" these term don't mark an inequality just specify a gender. If a new word is to be made it should be gender neutral and apply to the whole fan base, alternatively leave "brony" as the marker for the whole fan base and give a second option for males that will be seen as gender specific.

Hello ladies, don't mind me.

But I never dun used dis fancy word "pegasister"... :/

(edited)

Seems brony is more respectful, at least in my opinion. It seems like no one in the fandom likes gender differences very much. I think it's safe to say everyone is a brony unless they state otherwise that they prefer to be called something else in advance.

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

I prefer Pegasister, but have nothin against being called a Brony either.

I personally dislike it, partially because of equality and partially because I just prefer how "brony" sounds.

Yeah, that. :) I called myself a pegasister (well, spelled it pegasistah, just for fun) when I first got into FiM, because I thought that was the norm; until a couple of folks asked me about it. I didn't really care one way or the other personally, but I do prefer not to be makred out as somehow different from other fans, so brony it is & I'm good with it.

I usually just say brony since more people know that term. But I will go by both, or an Equestria Girl

I don't like it simply because I think it sounds stupid. But then, I think the term 'brony' sounds pretty stupid too, and prefer it even less than Pegasister as it (no matter what people say), pegs the person as automatically male, which I find really annoying. Like, guys are so insecure to call themselves a MLP fan they have to give themself a nickname? And Pegasister is just an equally annoying sounding offshoot of that that insecurity. I'm not ashamed that I like My Little Pony. I'm a fan. There. See how simple?