Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

9 minutes ago, Hardway Bet said:

Yesterday I bought a Switch, with Smash, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Sadly, I don't have any furtiture to prop up the TV, so I'm highly limited in playing it for the moment. :crackle:

It comes with a screen.

1 minute ago, Merry Brony 2A said:

It comes with a screen.

Yeah, but I'm sitting here breaking my neck, trying to make out what's going on in the game while there's a perfectly good 50'' TV sitting unused in a corner. T_T

Edited by Hardway Bet

58 minutes ago, Cirrus. said:

I randomly bought this around Thanksgiving.

1676504975_spyrothumb.thumb.JPG.c8c283da153e52cdb547d783b47f0b76.JPGI

It's an incense burner and it turned out to be much cooler than I thought.

That's adorable!

I just bought a new charging cable for my phone.It lights up with color changing LEDs!

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

Lucky

Most I've seen go for more than £100 (~$200)

(Used laptops generaly)

Interesting. This laptop I bought in particular didn’t include a hard drive (I had my own) and no battery or charger (bought the charger separately).

But I do remember purchasing a decent used 2011 laptop (with dedicated graphics card) for around $130 back in February 2017. 

15 minutes ago, Tylad said:

Interesting. This laptop I bought in particular didn’t include a hard drive (I had my own) and no battery or charger (bought the charger separately).

But I do remember purchasing a decent used 2011 laptop (with dedicated graphics card) for around $130 back in February 2017. 

but still,

how are all American laptops so cheap

11 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

but still,

how are all American laptops so cheap

My first laptop cost me $50. It was a thrilling find at a thrift store. I had it for about a year, and then sold it to a friend of mine for...$50!  It wasn't that great of a machine, but perfect if you just needed to write, and watch the occasional video. Gamers would have turned their noses up at it though.

• Brohoof 1

I bought an intervalometer for my dslr camera. I'm waiting on a clear night to test it out.

I can program it to operate the shutter for long exposure astrophotography without having to freeze my butt off outside.

intervalometer.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I just got a 4th generation Kindle at a thrift store for $5!!! I've been messing around with it for a few days and figured out how to load a bunch of my book files onto it. I had to convert from epub to mobi, but I already had software for that, so I'm good!

Right now it has all of the Sue Grafton 'alphabet' mysteries from "A is for Alibi" to "V is for Vengeance'  (I just finished  "G is for Gumshoe" off of it!)

I just loaded on  Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" to read next. I read that every year about this time!

Since I got my new glasses, I switched from carrying my tablet everywhere I go to carrying hard cover books. Now I'm switching to the Kindle. It's so much lighter than my tablet or a hard cover book! It's even lighter than most paperbacks!

My tablet needed to be charged every day. It's a big power hog, as well as too heavy! The tablet isn't viewable at all in even shaded daylight. The Kindle has their 'E paper" screen and looks great in even bright cloudless sunlight. I bought a little LED book light from the dollar store to make up for it not having a backlight.

I charged the Kindle when I got it several days ago, and I've hardly made a noticeable dent in the little battery of the power remaining icon. One charge should last me at least a week of steady usage.  Maybe longer.

I an the reigning Queen of Thrift Store Shopping!

75002073012580pW.JPG

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, ThE-DESpEraDo_4 said:

image.thumb.jpg.69d96b5b80d1bb1aa1adc831249b6d49.jpg

Just bought this Venom tee. :3

Move the shirt out of the way. I want to see more of that awesome Tom and Jerry bed spread!

20 minutes ago, Thuja said:

My most recent purchase besides groceries was a book with different hair braiding techniques.

Looking at your avatar, I find this most ironic!

Only groceries. Last interesting purchase was back in November when I got my new computer.

There's actually a lot of things I want to get, but I'm trying to be good with my money right now. Next pruchase will probably be clothes and shoes. There's a pair of heeled mary janes that I want. Why must bill payments get in my way? :mlp_okiedokieloki:

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

Looking at your avatar, I find this most ironic!

I think the guy in my profile pic could try braiding his mohawk????  I'm trying to grow my hair out though, it's about shoulder length or a little beyond that right now.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a vacuum tube tester at one of the antique stores near my work. Got it cheaper than I would have on Ebay and I was needing one too, since I was finishing up 2 radios at the time. (The tube in the pictures tested good)

Also bought a capacitance meter, mainly to test new caps to confirm quality. I only test old ones for fun, as I replace them regardless. (The old capacitor in the picture has drifted in value considerably.)

I'm hoping to get either an oscilloscope or signal tracer next.  ^_^

Tube Tester.jpg

Tube Tester 2.jpg

Capacitance Meter.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...