Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

(edited)

I bought the Alan Wake Franchise as well as Farcry 2 on Steam less than ten minutes ago. 

As for consumables I bought some fresh beef from an out of town butcher recently as well restocking on Diet Cream Soda and Baking Potatoes (As the name suggests, those huge potatoes they use in baking).

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

The last thing I bought was 2 HDMI leads for my DVD player and Raspberry Pi (Mini computer) on amazon for about £7.50, I also bought a hmdi switch for my TV smile.png

Cool, is the Raspberry Pi worth all the hype? What can you actually do with it? Or is it just a gimmick for fun? 

Was it a whim or do you intend to do something serious with it?

(edited)

Well, just plopped down $900 on a junker my little sister's boyfriend was selling. It's only a junker in the sense that the doors are creaky, there's no dome light (or upholstery on the ceiling for that matter), some cracks in the dashboard, the electric side-view mirror adjustor doesn't work, the A/C needs to be recharged, and the paint job is totally chipped off. But functionally, the motor's fine, has been regularly serviced and the mileage is pretty low for a '95, so I'm not worried it'll break down. And if it does, then hey - better I'd be out $900 on a car sold to me by a family-friend than be out $2,000 or more on a car from some shifty-eyed craigslist douche, right? post-14546-0-63164600-1368411649.png

Edited by Lowline

Well, just plopped down $900 on a junker my little sister's boyfriend was selling. It's only a junker in the sense that the doors are creaky, there's no dome light (or upholstery on the ceiling for that matter), some cracks in the dashboard, the electric side-view mirror adjustor doesn't work, the A/C needs to be recharged, and the paint job is totally chipped off. But functionally, the motor's fine, has been regularly serviced and the mileage is pretty low for a '95, so I'm not worried it'll break down. And if it does, then hey - better I'd be out $900 on a car sold to me by a family-friend than be out $2,000 or more on a car from some shifty-eyed craigslist douche, right?

Damn, problem with being a historian I read this as pronounced 'yunker' as in the Prussian aristocracy and for ages couldn't work out what on Earth it was you'd bought (an old man?)

• Brohoof 1

Damn, problem with being a historian I read this as pronounced 'yunker' as in the Prussian aristocracy and for ages couldn't work out what on Earth it was you'd bought (an old man?)

Heh, I do that a lot myself, having extensively studied Dutch and German in the past. I frequently like to intentionally mispronounce Js in English words just to make people pause. happy.png

I just bought a RD keychain, a set of owl key caps, and the Chrysallis arc comic book by Katie Cook. I'm going to purchase a Fluttershy plush by Aurora next week and the new guidebook.

My parents do most of the buying hahahaha!!!

My most recent purchase for myself was an encouragement card for my crush when she was going through exams. Her smile and show of thanks really did me in.

-----

I knew we already had this thread somewhere...and I just found it! Thus, they have been merged.

When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

• Brohoof 1

I knew we already had this thread somewhere...and I just found it! Thus, they have been merged.

When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function beforehand~

Well I did search the forum but didn't notice this. Sorry about that. :\ Guess I will have to look harder next time. :P 

*edits old post*

A few days ago I finally gathered enough money to buy the 160 GB iPod Classic. The iPod I've had for years (an old Nano) was only 8 GB and was completely full and I was tragically upset that I couldn't fit all of my music on my iPod. Since this one can hold 40,000 songs, and I know I'll never be able to fill it up, I'm so happy! :D

• Brohoof 1

ortlieb-back-roller-city-white-black-40-

Ortlieb rear bags for bicycle (white). They just awesome wub.png  wanted them for year long but their price is 80£, so I wasnt ready to pay for it, but finaly I've decided that good thing costs it's price. So waiting for delivery now.

(edited)

Well I just bought this bundle called the Humble Indie Bundle 8. Contains 7 indie games that are pretty cool and it lets you pick your own price. Totally worth it.happy.png

http://www.humblebundle.com/#contribute

Also just bought the Foo Fighters greatest hits album. Pretty good.

Edited by Dark Moon

The last thing I bought was a pack of Jolly Ranchers.

Although since my charger broke I'm going to have to go out and get a new one... *grumbles*

I bought the Zone of the Enders HD Collection on Xbox Live the other day. Pretty fun games, although the second one is HARD. I keep getting stuck at one part where you have to fight like 10 raptors. Bleh.

(edited)

I bought this piggy bank recently on amazon. Only 15$!

Now I can store my coins in a useless box...

this totally wasn't a waste of money derpy_emoticon1.png

UtEgf85.jpg

pS6iVUd.jpg

Edited by Hypereddie
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I found these at Goodwill the other day, they're in really good shape and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of these on DVD, so I went ahead and grabbed them:

967266_661630363854166_1039966127_o.jpg

Also, picked this up at a sale a couple weeks ago, $1 for the whole lot:

Complete list of games, and state of completeness, in no certain order:

Mission X(Complete)
He-Man(Missing Bonus Comic)
BurgerTime(Complete)
Space Hawk(Complete)
Pit-Fall(Missing One Keypad overlay)
Nightstalker(Complete)
Tennis(Missing One Overlay)
Major League Baseball(Complete)
NFL Football(Complete)
Advanced D&D(complete)
Advanced D&D: The Treasure of Tarmin(missing box, but has the inner cardboard and all the stuff)
Triple Action(Complete)
Poker/Blackjack(Complete)
Auto Racing(Missing One Overlay)
Motocross(Missing One Overlay)
Blockcade(Just Has Game and Box)
Royal Dealer(Complete)
Word Fun(Complete)
Donkey Kong(Just Game and Box)
Maze-a-Tron(Missing One Overlay)
Tron: Deadly Discs(Complete)
Lock-N-Chase(Complete)
Armor Battle(Complete)
Snafu(Complete)
Star Strike(Complete)
Bowling(Complete)
Space Battle(Missing One Overlay)
Sub Hunt(No Manual)
Golf(Complete)
Bump N Jump(Complete)

919391_652194604797742_519366524_o.jpg

Also, bought this stuff on the weirdest series of impulse buys in my life:

977431_661629703854232_1307844353_o.jpg

Edited by Shoboni

• 1 year later...

lenovo-laptop-y50-front-8.jpg

I got this beauty recently, with a Razer Abyssus to go with it.

16GB RAM

1TB SSHD (8GB cache)
Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz

GeForce GTX860M 2048MB

It's so great to finally have a working laptop again.