Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

I have actually not bought anything for such a long time that I have no idea what it was haha. Do energy drinks count no, okay. Ehm I believe it was five months ago or six I simply have not been out of the house for half a year so you know. I'm a say energy drinks monster energy drinks.

I bought another new fedora hat! My mom was like, “another one?!?” :ButtercupLaugh:

The most recent thing I bought that wasn't food for me or my cat was:

set of egg rings so I can try making an egg mcmuffin at home when I make my English muffins tomorrow

some glass milk bottles with caps so I have something to put my coffee creamer in

a 2lb bag of baker's yeast

500g sesame seeds for making my own tahini.

GoH Tempest
image.thumb.png.a48c7821780fa2443747334153c247ce.png

Generation Toys Red Bull(animal based TF of Sideswipe)

image.thumb.png.3482f5b2e9c494a7f7bb2197d47d901e.png
image.thumb.png.ce0346de34265d110c7627688eaa5353.png

And Saints Row 3&4 on Switch

• Brohoof 1

Some Winsor & Newton markers. These are expensive so I'm glad I found some on clearances!

11 hours ago, SuperNESBrony said:

Picked up a pretty big retro gaming haul

Sega Genesis controller! :o I bet the arcade stick is broken and glued together, and will break immediately. I have had at least 3 out of 3 experiences with that! :wacko:

I bought a Aesop Carl plush doll from identity V for my sis on her upcoming birthday 

A new smart phone for only 122eur. Runs android pie, 4gb ram, 64gb emmc, 6.49' screen, 8 core cpu mediatek p25,... Blackview A80pro.

An RX 560 4GB. Since my dad's birthday is coming up, I think I might put my old GPU into his computer. It currently has a Radeon HD 5450 in it. That was good enough for web browsing six years ago, but it really isn't all that great anymore, especially since he's been playing a few games recently. Just simple puzzle games that don't really require much power, but they're still something. A GT 710 should be a welcome upgrade.

1309172057_20200514_155913(2).thumb.jpg.e5feb51d98cc7bbfab3dd195705fba3b.jpg

A bunch of hard drives (but that's not interesting).

A CRT tester and a parametric equalizer. I bought the equalizer because I got annoyed by a resonance caused by my speaker placement (especially on some songs). I cannot really move the speakers to eliminate it, but I can have a notch filter almost compensate for it.

6 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Is it something you put under that rubber thing? :ooh:

No, you connect it to the pins at the back of the CRT (the electron guns) and it can show you whether the CRT is not worn out or has internal shorts. It can try to remove some shorts as well (this was the primary reason I got it - I have a monitor where the CRT has an intermittent short)..

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

No, you connect it to the pins at the back of the CRT (the electron guns) and it can show you whether the CRT is not worn out or has internal shorts. It can try to remove some shorts as well (this was the primary reason I got it - I have a monitor where the CRT has an intermittent short)..

Keep me updated! (If you manage to repair your CRT)

If you really must repair a CRT, that means the CRT is worth a lot, either in price or quality. I like that kind of CRT TVs/Monitors!