Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

Just now, Super Splashee said:

If you really must repair a CRT, that means the CRT is worth a lot, either in price or quality

This one isn't (it is 22" though and has a nice image) , but 1) I have it and 2) I can use it for learning how to do it instead of doing it on an actual expensive monitor. Also, if I manage to fix it, I will be able to have it as a spare and won't need to go, buy and bring back another heavy monitor just so I would have a decent spare.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

No, you connect it to the pins at the back of the CRT (the electron guns) and it can show you whether the CRT is not worn out or has internal shorts. It can try to remove some shorts as well (this was the primary reason I got it - I have a monitor where the CRT has an intermittent short)..

Just patting myself on the back. I know what this post means!

I myself purchased a...wait for it...Vacuum cleaner! Got a small Bissell to keep in the basement, instead of carrying the main vacuum up and down the stairs.

(actually, my husband bought it...Same thing, since I told him to!)

I finally bought a poster framed for my SW poster! Unfortunately there’s only one at the store so I have to wait to get the second one for my other poster. 

But damn, it looks hella good on my wall!

FB7FBFD1-6CAD-4068-BB36-5DE721A32AC7.thumb.jpeg.c784ecb50b9ef4f0fd8d3a1407dec57b.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

I bought a really nice leather jacket on ebay with the Disneyland crest on it. It’s too warm to wear it until fall or winter, but that’s probably why I got such a nice price.

13 hours ago, Concerned Bystander said:

Big Star Wars fan, and I especially love my Stormtroopers, so I bought this... Barbie?

Felt a little strange buying a Barbie but I really like what they've done with this Stormtrooper-inspired look.

EK9A2447.jpg

Oh my gosh! Star Wars and Barbie?? Just when you think something can't get any better. Then BOOM! They give ya a combo!! :sunbutt:

2 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Oh my gosh! Star Wars and Barbie?? Just when you think something can't get any better. Then BOOM! They give ya a combo!! :sunbutt:

They have a whole range of them, they released the first wave last year which included the Darth Vader one, I thought they were really cool but wasn't ready to start adding dolls to my figure collection. That changed late last year when I discovered Disney's 17" Limited Edition ones, and when Mattel announced the Stormtrooper Barbie I just had to have it. 

https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/star-wars-barbie-dolls?icid=home_body-1_aspot_starwarsxbarbie-product_p2#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&contentPageSize:&

I haven't bought anything in a few weeks now. Mostly because I don't want to travel to the post office to stand in the Covid-19 line.

However, I have gotten a lot of insulators that would cost quite a lot. It is good to know where to be at the right time.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/31/2020 at 4:53 AM, Concerned Bystander said:

They have a whole range of them, they released the first wave last year which included the Darth Vader one, I thought they were really cool but wasn't ready to start adding dolls to my figure collection. That changed late last year when I discovered Disney's 17" Limited Edition ones, and when Mattel announced the Stormtrooper Barbie I just had to have it. 

https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/star-wars-barbie-dolls?icid=home_body-1_aspot_starwarsxbarbie-product_p2#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&contentPageSize:&

Wow, they are spendy, but oh so beautiful! I love the Chewbacca and R2-D2 ones best. I never wanted to get too deeply into collecting the Barbie dolls, as much as I love them (too many to keep up with), but I may have to make an exception! :rarity:

• Brohoof 3

Not too long ago I bought an XP pen graphics tablet. It's pretty decent actually and better than the wacom tablet I had I dare to say. Its a medium sized one and my third tablet.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted to own men's jumpsuit, so I finally find two at a really good price! Also finally got my hand on Harry Potter X Vans shoes on sales 

• Brohoof 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Concerned Bystander said:

Big Star Wars fan, and I especially love my Stormtroopers, so I bought this... Barbie?

Felt a little strange buying a Barbie but I really like what they've done with this Stormtrooper-inspired look.

EK9A2447.jpg

This strangely makes me think of something Lady Gaga would wear?  Maybe it's the hair, the pose and the sunglasses that makes me think of earlier Lady Gaga???

• Brohoof 1

Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
Lays Sweet Southern Heat BBQ
Haribo Gummy Watermelons
Cheez-It Buffalo Wing Crackers
Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Braided Cheese Danish
Dozen Eggs
Pepperjack Cheese Sticks
Jalapeno & Red Peppers
Pancake Mix
Maple Syrup