Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

Need for speed III. Very old and classic game for me. I played that game on my first computer. Never had a genuine copy until now. Was only 2-3eur on eBay brand new so I bought it.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:41 PM, Thuja said:

This strangely makes me think of something Lady Gaga would wear?  Maybe it's the hair, the pose and the sunglasses that makes me think of earlier Lady Gaga???

Oh, fantastic! We have finally found Lady Gaga's secret style... It was just Star Wars! :ButtercupLaugh:

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, fantastic! We have finally found Lady Gaga's secret style... It was just Star Wars! :ButtercupLaugh:

She was like, "I want to look like someone you'd find in the Cantina!!"

Mullard PCL86 vacuum tube from eBay.

1311202895_PLC86Mullard.jpg.16e928c2f944cb24830d2c709f35e9cf.jpg

Context: I have an amplifier that uses them but don't have spares. (Actually I do but they sound horrible. So I went looking for New Old Stock [NOS], the exact same kind of thing I bought originally to make the amplifier. No actually, those were "used", but still NOS.)

I was doing that thing again where I wander around HMV looking for a CD from a band I've never heard of before in order to expand my musical horizons, and in the metal section I found this one,

image.png.504b4e1da6de94bb5bd3249f7634d853.png

You may not be able to make it out clearly from the picture, but the band is called 'Cult of Luna'... and the decision was immediately made.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought some white, blue and purple yarn to turn into a blanket.  I've never made a blanket this big yet so it'll definitely be something new!

Bought a brand new computer last week. When the parts arrive I need to assemble/build it. If anyone wants to know what I purchased just say and I will post the specs.