Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The strangest way to become a brony?

Bowser

Well how i became a brony is pretty strange. Has anyone heard of youtube poop? Well one of them had My Little Pony in it and i clicked it. Well even tough youtube poop was made to make the show look completely strange with all the edits and whatnot but, throughout the video i was shocked at how well-designed the show looked and decided to watch it later on. When i finished season one i discovered how awesome this show is and has been hooked ever since. That's mainly how i became a brony and im glad to be one heck I've should have been watching this show if i had known that it was that good.

Does anyone else have a strange way they've become a brony?

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I became a brony from hearing about it in a hater video. I felt bad so I thought I would check it out.

I think the weirdest way to become a brony would be to having seen the "Rule 34" artwork that some people spread on the internet, and then wanting to check it out.

Also, this thread should be in "General Discussion".

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Dragonzoid
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think other way I became one was strange, but I do think there is one way to become one that is rather strange.

Having this be the first pony-related video you ever watch:

I think the weirdest way would to have owned the toys before the show (Don't judge me V.V)

I remember when Baby Hopscotch.. watched me in me sleep from the shelf in my old room...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I became a brony through reading a clopfic for my friends...

It's weird because I have never intentionally read a clopfic after that, only through unintentional coincidence have I read those things... and I have yet to finish every single one of them, so I'm pretty convinced that clopfics aren't my thing yet it got me interested in the series to begin with.

I'm not sure what happened there either. :o:blink:

Edited by Zhinzo

(edited)

Hey, that's not that strange a way to become a brony. One of the causes of my brony-ness was Screwattack's Death Battle videos. One of them was Rainbow Dash vs. Starscream.

Well uh... welcome! :)

Edited by letterZOID
  • Brohoof 1

I joined the herd because of this site.

I was a Cheezburger Network addict (particularly Memebase), and I decided to check out the "My Little Brony" site out of pure curiosity. I realized that a lot of the ponified memes and such were pretty funny, even though I didn't get most of the jokes. I decided to research a bit and maybe even watch an episode or two. So I found myself on the MLP:FiM Wiki site, learning the personalities of the mane six, figuring out who all the characters were, etc.. The next thing I knew, I was searching and watching full episodes on YouTube. I got hooked immediately. I watched all of season one and season two (up to the current episode) in less than a week by staying up at night with an iPhone and a cheap headset (so as not to be heard by my sister, whose room is adjacent to mine; the only divider being a freaking paper-thin wall, I swear)..

Anyway, after that, I recorded them on TV and waited eagerly for each week's new episode. I also became a brony just in time for my birthday B) I got a bunch of pony stuff and art supplies. That's another part of where I started in the obsession; I was drawing my own ponies and all my friends as ponies :D

I guess my story isn't all that strange.. lol ANYWAY! Welcome to The Forums, new friend! :)

• Brohoof 1

I beat you all, the first pony related thing I saw was Fluttershy with a dildo up her special place........Oh the things you see on the internet when you've turned off the safe search. No, I am not a clopper.

Well, that was awkward >_>

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay here.

(edited)

One day i was browsing for Skyrim mods the all of a sudden out of the blue i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp32TigGfZk

The song sounded well made so i watched the first 2 episodes i found them quite good and continued watching and eventually became a brony.

And finally

WELCOME TO THE MLP FORUMS HOPE YOU ENJOY IT HERE! :P

post-4014-0-31534400-1339701765_thumb.png

Edited by Mal (Starbolt)
  • Brohoof 1

I joined the herd because of this site.

I was a Cheezburger Network addict (particularly Memebase), and I decided to check out the "My Little Brony" site out of pure curiosity. I realized that a lot of the ponified memes and such were pretty funny, even though I didn't get most of the jokes. I decided to research a bit and maybe even watch an episode or two. So I found myself on the MLP:FiM Wiki site, learning the personalities of the mane six, figuring out who all the characters were, etc.. The next thing I knew, I was searching and watching full episodes on YouTube. I got hooked immediately. I watched all of season one and season two (up to the current episode) in less than a week by staying up at night with an iPhone and a cheap headset (so as not to be heard by my sister, whose room is adjacent to mine; the only divider being a freaking paper-thin wall, I swear)..

Anyway, after that, I recorded them on TV and waited eagerly for each week's new episode. I also became a brony just in time for my birthday B) I got a bunch of pony stuff and art supplies. That's another part of where I started in the obsession; I was drawing my own ponies and all my friends as ponies :D

I guess my story isn't all that strange.. lol ANYWAY! Welcome to The Forums, new friend! :)

id do the same if i knew how to draw xD
  • Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I became a pegasister because my daughter started watching it. But she started watching it because my husband's good friend suggested we watch it. And while, at first, it drove me crazy, after a while I started to really enjoy it and now, my husband and I watch it on our own sometimes, just to relax after a long day. :D

• 9 years later...