Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your favorite animals?

moneyshredderofdeath

I love seeing animals, in general. Cats chilling by the street; squirrels scurrying in the trees; birds, soaring, landing, then shooting off again; and ants moving all about. Life is captivating.

I'm sure my list will grow as I do, but for now:

1) Humans

2) Cats (namely, house cats and leopards- like 'em all though)

3) Dogs

4) Birds (Owls, falcons, blue jays, robins, and others I don't know the name of) 

5) Bugs/Small things (Ants and beetles)

6) Bears

7) Squirrels

• Brohoof 1

It's more like what ISN'T my favorite animal.  What isn't my favorite animals are in the arachnid category or certain bugs.  I do like large beetles like the rhinoceros or Hercules beetles.

Practically animal is my favorite animal.

A lot of animals can be cute.  I find it hard to pick one that's my favorite. So I'll post a couple of uncommonly cute animal videos.

• Brohoof 2

I love blue whales, orcas, humpback whales, belugas, river dolphins, bottlenose dolphins, manatees, elephants, bears and sharks. If you didn't notice, I particularly adore cetaceans <3 

Long story short: Every kind of animal except Humans.

Alright, to be more specific, I will list ten species in no particular order. Since humans have fallen so far below the league of  non-humans, consider any so-called "homosapians" completely omitted.

1. Jaguar, Panthera Onca

Perhaps one of the largest of the big cats and the species that I have the closest bond with. Since they have low stamina and cannot afford to chase their prey down, Jaguars are masters of stealth, are adept swimmers, have the most powerful jaws of any cat and the tactics to back it up. In fact the name 'Jaguar' literally means "Cat that kills in a single blow." That should be a testament to how adept they are at hunting and stalking. Not to mention, their camouflage is some of the best.

jaguar2.JPG

2. Elephant (African or Asian, doesn't really matter, both are amazing.)

The largest beings to walk the land, and sages of the Earth. Elephants are some of the most amazing species in existence, their specialties are certainly their wisdom, and their tusks make for some good defense and offense, the connection they share with their fellow herd members as well as the ecosystem. they play an important role in it. Unfortunately, our species, in its arrogance and stupidity, insists on hunting elephants to extinction...well, only a matter of time before said humans become what they've always been - prey...in more ways than one.

Oh and that's not even touching on an elephant's deep attunement to the Natural world/Real world.

African_elephant_facts.jpg

3. Red Fox, Vulpes Vulpes (or for that matter, foxes in general.)

I think this species needs no introduction. They are smart, sly and are really good

at the use of Outside-The-Box tactics in order to survive. They aren't bad at stealth either and are very good at catching prey, plus they look very fair.

Red-fox-Vulpes-vulpes3.jpg

4. Brazilian Wandering Spider, Phoneutria nigriventer

Considered to be one of the most deadliest spiders in the world, if not the deadliest, the Wandering Spider is a nomad, to the point that they will sometimes stow away, especially in bananas, to get where they need to go. When things get dangerous, the wandering spider is an agile and competent fighter, if his or her warning dance goes unheeded, then expect no mercy.

Wandering_spider.jpg

5. Horse (actually, more like Equines in general).

wild-stallion-sand-wash-basin-colorado.j

6. Sus

A rather under-appreciated species and certainly quite remarkable and intelligent. Unfortunately humankind has taken to enslaving and killing billions of Sus AKA Pigs per year, for unnecessary reasons. 

WildPig463.jpg

7. Bovine

A species that is known for their exceptional Paternity and Maternity, however, such is rare since, like Sus and horses, bovines are yet another species that has been an enslaved and killed as part of a global genocide, which is simply unacceptable.

knycjaykmygrlz4qjml6.jpg

8. Donkey

Did I mention that I like Equines in general, this is more proof of that. Donkeys are, like Sus and Bovines under appreciated beings, they are very much intelligent, and certainly sensible.

somali-wild-ass.jpg

9. Assassin Caterpillar, Lonomia obliqua

Each of those spines contain a very deadly toxin, easily capable of killing a human, most predators avoid the Assassin Caterpillar, that is how lethal they are.

Plus, the idea that a Caterpillar can easily take out a human is just too badass.

341658649_134178ad97.jpg

10. Great White Shark

They are very misunderstood for starters. Plus, they aren't really someone you don't want to piss off, once again.

Great-White-Shark.jpg

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

-----

Hey there Monsieur Noel. I've merged your thread with the previous "What is your favorite animal?" thread we had established.

When thinking about making a topic in the future, please use the search function beforehand~

• Brohoof 1

Ducks, they have the most swag

DUCK FACE... Duck face, duck face, duck face, duck faaaaaaaace. LOL! 

Yeah ducks are pretty cool, I like ducks. here's some duck faces... Enjoy!

I loved cartoon ducks as a kid first was Daffy I had like school stuff, Daffy stuffies and Donald's pretty funny too I watch his cartoons and just laugh at all the stuff he gets into. Remeber the Disney Afternoon? There was Ducktales and Darkwing Duck, there's some more duck faces haha. 

SuperBrony87

post-31899-0-72305600-1422849478_thumb.png

post-31899-0-95003300-1422849480_thumb.png

post-31899-0-10116400-1422849490_thumb.png

post-31899-0-75125800-1422849494_thumb.jpg

post-31899-0-29209000-1422849498_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperBrony87

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, well, my favourite pet would be Cats because I think they are pretty cute and I like how loyal they are to their owners, my favourite farm animal would definitely be Horses (I think it is pretty obvious why I suddenly like them) and I can't really decide on a favourite wild animal... Probably an Australian one, though.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

The majestic beastie known as the Giant Desert Centipede. Enormous, aggressive, terrifying yet still admirable, bites hurt like hell, the whole monstrous package. If it were possible, I'd keep one as a pet. It's hilarious imagining how people would react to seeing a monstrosity straight out of Bayonetta chilling in my room. :umad:

I'm also fond of scorpions, and reptiles in general.