Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your favorite animals?

moneyshredderofdeath

I like most animals besides insects, but avians, especially raptors like hawks and owls, are my absolute favorites. ^v^

Dogs...loyal, protective dogs. ♥

Squids. I love squids.

Baby Deer :3

Baby Harp Seals! :D

Sharks.

:3 and foxes.

Foxes. Ze are ze mose'e beautiful animals in ze world. I hope to have one as a pet eventually... There is a lab in Russia where they were breeding foxes to be more like dogs in behavior and atitude towards humans and they succeded! They have foxes that love human atention just as much as normal dogs. However, they need donations! In fact, to keep the facility financed, they had to sell some of the foxes to a fur farm! D=> My plan is to save enough to give a donation, and then adopt a fox. =)

Cats are independent animals that enjoy to be alone, fly around the house and do all sorts of funny stuff.

I've always wanted a cat but I never got one..

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This might sound like a weird choice, but my favorite kind of animal is actally...human beings! I mean, what other creature comes close to being as complex and facinating? There are no other species with as much variation. If you think about it, although there are billions of us on the planet, no two are going to be exactly alike! As a species, we are capable of amazing acts (both of cruelty and kindness). As someone who has studied film, anthropology, archeology, history and psychology, as well as just being a people person in general, I am just interested in other people. Of course, that isn't to say I like everyone. There are certainly some people who I hate, but as a species in general, I think we are pretty damn cool.

Edited by Carolina

I like all animals, but ones that really stand out for me are:

Sharks

Chickens

Horses

Foxes

Dogs

Cats

Geckos

Basically all animals, like I said, and I try to keep from hurting them whenever possible. I'm the guy that doesn't smash spiders, but goes out of my way to scoop them into a cup or something and release them outside. Unless it's a dangerous species and is in or near the house, at which point just to be on the safe side I'll kill them as humanely as possible.

• Brohoof 1

why the monkey hate? ):

Posted Image

<333 FUFUFUFUFU! It looks like a little gremlin! I SHALL CALL IT, GIZMO!! (One of my cats is called Gizmo too XD)

Hng, too kyoooot <333

All kinds of reptiles.

But especially the Komodo Dragon :P

Also, birds. Especially Eagles, Hawks, Falcons and shtuff like that.

But I like pretty much every animal.

Except mosquitos.

I have several favorites honestly. :D But I suppose if I narrowed it down, my favorites would be: penguins, llamas, sheep, cats, and dogs (especially beagles and german shepherds). Also, guinea pigs are adorable.

• Brohoof 1

How could I forget this.

Wolves. I love wolves, and my family even had a pet white wolf named Spirit when I was growing up. When we lived in a house that had a field full of cattle next to it, he even learned to moo instead of howl.

Wolves is good people, even if they sometimes don't allow you to do stuff.

• Brohoof 2

As one might guess, it is probably the moth. The reaons are that, number one, they are the only insects that don't irritate the crap out of me.Number two is because when people call themselves social butterflies, I call myself a social moth.

• 9 months later...

Penguins.

They're badass. They have to travel - waddle, strutting like they own the Antarctic because they're badass - seventy miles twice a year, once for breeding at a stable ice plain, and again for catching fish in the ocean like a badass. They survive a six-month Antarctic night full of furious cold winds by huddling together - that's teamwork, and that's badass! And then once breeding's done, they give birth to the cutest things ever that will grow up to be equally badass.

Also, they are incredibly cute and curious animals. Flightless birds have it tough, but penguins prosper!

Hey, you know what else is cool about penguins? Not many people know it, but after the Falklands War ended, a load of Gentoo penguins were able to inhabit the land where leftover landmines had created a danger area for tourists. They're too light to set off the land mines, but humans are, so nobody's permitted to step on the land for fear of blowing themselves up. They strut around in their own little turf knowing that they can't be touched - like a badass!

How about some pictures of their cute badassery?

GentooPenguin_CynthiaWalpole_lg.jpg

emperor_penguin_chick.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Monitor Lizards. They're so damn awesome! Here's a picture:

They can climb, jump, swim and run! Pure epicness.  ;)

Monitor Lizards yes please!

The Komodo Dragon is my favourite animal.

Komodo-Dragon_NaturalWildLife_4.jpg

• Brohoof 1