Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning First RP for MLP

TimberStrum

Hi everyone, I'm a new brony and I just recently joined the site. I noticed the site had an RP area and I was interested. I've RPed for Harry Potter before on Potter's World, and thought it'd be fun to do it here too. I'm only on the 20th episode of S1 so I don't know a whole lot about Pony culture and such, ut I'll try my best.

I've already started a thread for the concept art of my character in the art section of the forums, but I think I'll post all the final products here as well. The character's name is Timber Strum; she's a unicorn from Ponyville who has a passion for playing acoustic guitar and music in general. Although she is not shy to make new friends, she is typically silent as she communicates better through music. When she does talk however, he isn't soft in speech. She also owns her own music store where she teaches lessons to fillies.

She has a tan coat and mahogany brown hair. Her hair is similar to Rainbow Dash's but slightly longer and her tail is a cross of Fluttershy's and Twilight Sparkle's. Her cutie mark is an acoustic guitar icon.

Positive traits:

- Musical

- Friendly

- Good with kids

Negative traits:

- Non-communicative

- Not a fun spirit

- Over-serious

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for all the replies guys! Strong Hooves I would like to have a link as I find that halarious that I've made the female version of your character!

I was thinking an adventurous RP, so maybe start by meeting some new people and then some sort of quest to go on, I havnt really thought of that yet, I'm just working on making a round character first. But please put your suggestions for some possibilities of what the quest could be!

So basicslly both are the same, Six String plays acoustic guitar as a passion, he hardly speaks to others to the point many ponies believe he is mute upon first encounter of him, and his cutiemark is an acoustic guitar. :P

http://mlpforums.com...six-string-r144

THEY SHOULD BE BROTHER AND SISTER!!!! i was thinking maybe Timber could have moved to ponyville to set up a shop, maybe also to meet her brother

• Brohoof 1

Well he doesn't live in a set area. He kind of travels around, but perhaps make it so they both make it to ponyville at the same time and happen to meet by chance :) also, he would have never known of his sister, he was raised by his grandparents since his own parents died when he was young. I'm sure we could work around with that though :)

Cool, im making a word doc to work out all of the stuff for the antagonist and such. So Strong Hooves that works perfectly because they could easily have been separated when their parents died and Six Strings could have just repressed any memories of her. Its also perfect that he travels; he could have just traveled into Ponyville as she opens her new store. I'll keep you guys updated with my work once I get something notable complete.

• Brohoof 2

Cool, im making a word doc to work out all of the stuff for the antagonist and such. So Strong Hooves that works perfectly because they could easily have been separated when their parents died and Six Strings could have just repressed any memories of her. Its also perfect that he travels; he could have just traveled into Ponyville as she opens her new store. I'll keep you guys updated with my work once I get something notable complete.

Yay! This will be so awesome :D

Sounds like a great start to me and dont forget to work VS in

Sounds like a great start to me and dont forget to work VS in

I'm trying to make sure that as little as possible is planned in advance so we can RP things like, for instance, I wont plan any of how they deal with the problem/antagonist. I'll just come up with a problem and a quest item they have to get, the rest will be written in real time

I'm trying to make sure that as little as possible is planned in advance so we can RP things like, for instance, I wont plan any of how they deal with the problem/antagonist. I'll just come up with a problem and a quest item they have to get, the rest will be written in real time

Got it

(edited)

Btw here's the map we'll be using as reference:

Posted Image

Alright, HUGE update. Here is the character profile for my character as well as the profile for the main antagonist/problem and solution!

MLP RP.docx

Can you repost the map so that I can see it on my iPad. If not, message me and we can figure something out. Anyway it's a nice plot to build on

Edited by RainbowDash814