Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fan-****in'-tastic

Discordian

My temp period ended at my job and now I'm jobless again. >_<

<.< Oh well, at least it was through no fault of my own. They specifically told me that my co-workers actually liked working with me and I was a great asset to the team, however they rarely ever keep temp employees at this time of year after the holidays so they let me go based on store needs. The frozen department apparently doesn't need another permanent employee so I got let go. However, I was told by the Assistant Manager that I could definitely try back in a couple months when business picks up again and see if I can get hired back on.

So I left on very good terms and through no fault of my own so now it may be easier to get another job for the time being, I really do wanna go back to Wal Mart though so I only wanna stay with whatever job I may find until I can get back on at Wal Mart, if that happens.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get a more permanent position at Wal Mart, don't be disheartened though!

When I was still finishing high-school, I was constantly fearful that one of my two jobs was going to fall through, and to my dismay one of them actually did! In this day and age, it can be a bloody big hassle to find a decent job (part time or otherwise) that doesn't either make you dread going to work, or pay minimum wage, when you're trying to bridge the gap between obtaining an education and commencing a career.

On a more positive note however, seeing as you were laid off on very favorable terms, you can always ask your former employer to write you a reference letter, and you can also add your time at Wal Mart to your résumé, which can make all the difference when applying for another job. When I lost my job working at a café, I was fortunate enough to receive a really supportive reference which ended up getting me a job as a lifeguard at the local swim centre, not a bad trade if you ask me!

So even though it may feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth being dismissed from a job you enjoy, don't give up! Just keep on looking, who knows, you may even find a job you like even more somewhere out there! ^^

Edited by Swoop

It's always possible but I loved working with the people who were there. That's probably the biggest thing I'm gonna miss. At least I have one of their email so I can keep some contact with them. :P

Speaking of, I need to email him...lol

I could probably use him as a work preference too, all I have so far are personal preferences. Aw man, this job did me a lot of good. Both in the work and attitude department. :D

This is why I am scared of getting a job.

Everyone get's fired :c

I heard on the news that in 2011 49% of people who left their jobs, quit, they weren't fired. And only 42% of the people who left, we're fired. Statistically, you have a more likely chance of you getting fed up and leaving :)

Yes they don't add up, because there are other situations a person may leave a job. That's the remaining percentage.

It's probably a really good thing that they suggested you re-apply later on. They must want you back at some point, just not quite yet.

I think you have a good chance of getting hired again. And if not, your expierence and references can earn you a job that you may enjoy even more than wal-mart.

My temp period ended at my job and now I'm jobless again. >_<

<.< Oh well, at least it was through no fault of my own. They specifically told me that my co-workers actually liked working with me and I was a great asset to the team, however they rarely ever keep temp employees at this time of year after the holidays so they let me go based on store needs. The frozen department apparently doesn't need another permanent employee so I got let go. However, I was told by the Assistant Manager that I could definitely try back in a couple months when business picks up again and see if I can get hired back on.

So I left on very good terms and through no fault of my own so now it may be easier to get another job for the time being, I really do wanna go back to Wal Mart though so I only wanna stay with whatever job I may find until I can get back on at Wal Mart, if that happens.

Black font...much better.

I will be turning 16 this month...which means it time to start looking for a job D:

This is why I am scared of getting a job.

Everyone get's fired :c

It's better to get a job for the experience, and money, than never getting a job at all ;)

Besides, you have to get one soon enough, may as well jump the gun and get some early shots. It's not easy most of the time to get a job in my experience. I've applied to 50 places, got interviews, no jobs yet. :/

It's better to get a job for the experience, and money, than never getting a job at all ;)

Besides, you have to get one soon enough, may as well jump the gun and get some early shots. It's not easy most of the time to get a job in my experience. I've applied to 50 places, got interviews, no jobs yet. :/

Did I tell you that I got a job? I don't mean to rub it in your face, but yeah.

Aren't you proud of your little sister? (:

Posted Image

No, seriously though, congrats. Where are you working at?

And yes, I am.

Lol. Now you're going to be less proud.

I work at my school cafeteria for 15-30 minutes during my lunch. I get paid in minimum wage and occasional pizza. I earn roughly $4 a day.

Its my job to put the soup in cups and hand people their food.

Cool, right? ._.

I work at my school cafeteria for 15-30 minutes during my lunch. I get paid in minimum wage and occasional pizza. I earn roughly $4 a day.

Cool, right? ._.

Well it's better than nothing. Good description though...made me laugh a bit..not in a mocking way though. Edited by Hayze

Well it's better than nothing. Good description though...made me laugh a bit..not in a mocking way though.

Pft. Sure it was.

Can't wait to see you in a hairnet. I hope you get a job at a fast food place. Then YOU'D be the one passing out the lunches.

And I would welcome it, hopefully have a discount there too for my own meals there.

Places like McDonalds will do that ;)

I'd love to work at Subway...

And I have done much MUCH worse than wear a hairnet.

Cool, right? ._.

I thought minimum wage was $7 o.o

I thought minimum wage was $7 o.o

Where I live, its about $10

Edit: that was already said... Lol whoops.

It's not the greatest, but wont it look good whwn I start applying for fast food this summer?

Edited by D1SC0RD

Minimum wage changes based on where you live. Here in Washington State it's gonna be $9.04/hr in January. Minimum wage changes depending on cost of living, how much it costs to rent or buy apartments or houses, electricity costs, etc.

Also, don't be afraid to get a job. Most first jobs don't last long because you are new but if it does last long, that's good for you. Don't be afraid if you don't keep your very first job, it's not the end of the world. Especially when you are still in high school.

Minimum wage changes based on where you live. Here in Washington State it's gonna be $9.04/hr in January. Minimum wage changes depending on cost of living, how much it costs to rent or buy apartments or houses, electricity costs, etc.

Also, don't be afraid to get a job. Most first jobs don't last long because you are new but if it does last long, that's good for you. Don't be afraid if you don't keep your very first job, it's not the end of the world. Especially when you are still in high school.

This exactly, besides you gain work experience no matter how long the job lasts for, and more experience leads to better/longer positions at times.

By that time you'll have had jobs and know what your strength and weaknesses are on the job. What you are good at and what you need to work on. You'll know what kinds of jobs will suit you better.

I didn't get my first job until after I was out of high school so I wasn't so lucky to have the "still in high school" thing to fall back on for any reason. Though it's no excuse to slack off on a job it at least would have made things easier when explaining why I'd never done this or that.

When you get out into the world after high school and during or after college you'll really know what you are good at and what to put on your resume or applications as far as skills and experiences go. Your early experiences in high school will really help you later on. I didn't have anything so it made it hard to find a job, even after I had my first job, because I had nothing to work with really. The best thing that came out of working for McDonalds was I turned from an introvert into a customer service awesomesaucer.