Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who actually likes spiders?

Evilshy

It seems like everybody else has some degree of dislike for them, ranging from neutral to "oh god I hate them kill them all with fire".

Me? I love spiders. They look cool. They kill things in cool ways. Some, such as the orb weavers we have around here, are actually quite beautiful to me. I love watching them spin webs.

So am I alone in this?

Oh, also, same question about snakes. I really like snakes, as well, but other people seem to hate them :/

• Brohoof 8

Well I absolutely abhor spiders. Although sometimes I can get up enough courage to touch them.

Regarding snakes, however, I love them! Their sleek bodies and the way they move around and such. Fascinating.

• Brohoof 2

I used to have a spider corpse on my desk, does that count? I'm neutral towards both snakes and spiders, although I have an inclination to kill spiders, because schadenfreude.

No. I actually have arachnophobia, so spiders is a no-no.

Now snakes, I love. I have no problem with snakes or rats, or anything that isn't a spider or looks like one ^_^

I think snakes are pretty cool, but for some reason, Spiders just.. i don't know how to explain it, i mean i know they do good things, but I just get all creeped out, and the funny thing is that when i was younger, my friend and I used to search for them and pick them up :P i guess things have changed.

(edited)

I think spiders are cool. I just don't want them on me :P I want them in my sight where I can see them. After all as the saying goes, 'the worst thing about a spider is when you know it's there, but can't see it.'

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

I think spiders are cool. I just don't want them on me :P I want them in my sight where I can see them. After all as the saying goes, 'the worst thing about a spider is when you know it's there, but can't see it.'

See, I don't mind the on me, either. I'll sometimes pick them up let them crawl around on my hands. Only ones that I know aren't agressive, though.

Sadly, my mom and sister are both arachnophobes, so I have to kill spiders when I find them inside. I genuinely feel bad when I do :(

Only exception is when they're in my room, then I can let them live and just not tell anybody. I'll usually take them outside, though, simply because having bugs in my room is a bit gross :/

• Brohoof 1

See, I don't mind the on me, either. I'll sometimes pick them up let them crawl around on my hands. Only ones that I know aren't agressive, though.

Sadly, my mom and sister are both arachnophobes, so I have to kill spiders when I find them inside. I genuinely feel bad when I do :(

Only exception is when they're in my room, then I can let them live and just not tell anybody. I'll usually take them outside, though, simply because having bugs in my room is a bit gross :/

Though not technically spiders, I let Huntsman, 'Daddy Long-Legs' as they're called around here, crawl on me when I was younger. Now, I don't want bugs on me at all :3

(edited)

Huntsman spiders are okay, they're too fragile, though. You can like, breathe on one and he starts limping.

Also, adorable spider picture, in a spoiler for you arachnophobes.

Posted Image

That's actually a mating dance. He just wants a hug from a cute girl spider. And then he wants to fuck and die shortly afterwards. See how willing he is to throw away his life for his family? That is one awesome spider.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 3

I LOVE spiders, they eat all the annoying insects.

There are several spiders in my house that I leave alone. We have a mutual understanding. They stay off of me and they get o stay in the cozy house and eat all the bugs. Basically, I pay their rent and they do housecleaning for me.

Any time I find a spider that is simply in an unacceptable location, I will capture it and release it outside. Normally somewhere on my plants.

• Brohoof 2

They invade my house and bite me in the night when I'm asleep. I go out of my way to destroy them. if they are in my house.

• Brohoof 1

I forgot to mention that the common Jumping Spider is my favorite type. Extremely clever, fantastic visual acuity, and long distance pouncing. Hard to beat that.

• Brohoof 1

I like spiders and insects.

We do well to be their friend, seeing as they outnumber the human race about 300,000 to 1.

That's a good point, but humanity does not react positively to facts. I don't see it happening for the majority of the population.
  • Brohoof 1

That's a good point, but humanity does not react positively to facts. I don't see it happening for the majority of the population.

Knowing lots of facts is helpful when you also have context behind them.

I'm good at relaying principles but bad at remembering contexts though.

I thought I was the only one who adored spiders and snakes o__o

Snakes are pretty popular, but spiders. Egh...

I hate anything that is a bug or is related to bugs, Butterflies and bumblebees get a free pass from me if they know how to behave.

I also hate a lot of weird and icky sea life(jellyfish I'm looking at you).

Mostly I do like spiders, and don't mind seeing them in the house. However, if they're big (as in, palm-of-the-hand size), I tend to freeze up and get adrenaline flowing until I chide myself into remembering that they won't hurt me unless I do something stupid. I think that's natural though.

• Brohoof 1