Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who actually likes spiders?

Evilshy

Fun times ahead

Posted Image

be careful in outhouses...

Posted Image

Why yes, this is a spider eating a bird

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why am I even on this thread? It's about spiders for crying out loud >_<

Spiders are interesting to read about, but I personally loathe being near one. At the very least, they're incapable of flight, which puts them higher on my animal-preference totem pole than flies, which have zero redeeming qualities.

Yes, they may be incapable of flight, but many spiders can jump a great height. :3

Spoiler'd large picture of jumping spider.

Posted Image

I like spiders. They're awesome. Neat to look at, and they eat annoying pests like flies. However, if I see one that I know is a poisonous species, then I either get away from it, or kill it, depending on if it's where I live or not.

Snakes, however, I'm a fan of. Fascinating creatures. I've kept them as pets before, though they sadly died from causes beyond my control.

Spoiler'd pictures of garter snakes.

Picture of one of my red-sided garters.

Posted Image

Another picture, better showing off the beautiful markings.

Posted Image

I really don't get a lot of the hate for snakes. Sure, a few species can kill you, but the common garden variety snakes are, in most areas, harmless to humans. They eat young mice, slugs, snails, and other garden pests, while leaving plants alone. What's not to love?

• Brohoof 2

I love spiders. Old story of my high school days: Had a spider crawling toward me as I sat on the floor in a math class, a wolf spider that my mind immediate named "Wolfie". Saw him walking and moved out of his way. I watched him for a minute then went back to work. A few minutes later I hear the girls down the way from me freak out. Wolfie had happened upon them. And as they freaked out and asked for someone to kill it, I walked over and let him crawl onto my hand then took him to the window and let him out.

Immediately looked at like a conquering hero and a crazy person for touching a spider. haha

Also, I've been watching Scrubs lately and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVxlzqg-L8I&feature=player_embedded

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't particularly like spiders. I do, however, respect the hell out of them. Mostly because of fear, and partly because they can climb walls and that's cool. If I am to see a spider in my vicinity, I will make a note of it, and give it its space. If it continues to encroach upon my territory, it will be destroyed.

tl;dr I hate spiders and I'm trying to make it seem like I don't.

i have a strong case of arachnophobia, so i stay away from spiders as much as i can. i like them when they are super-tiny, though. then they're just adorable. but anything closing in to the size of my finger, or exceeding the size of my fucking hand... no. i freak out. good thing Sweden don't have any dangerous species of spiders because of the climate here. GO SWEDENLAND.

snakes, however, i love. they're awesome, just like any other reptile is. curls around their way forward and doesn't afraid of anything. plus their reproduction techniques are sexy.

I don't like anything that kills stuff, cuz it's gross. Now please don't come at me with your ''ITS NATURREL HURRHURR'' because that is not going to change my mind and it's honestly quite annoying.

I don't mind them beyond the killing stuff. :P I don't mind humans killing each other, because we are a terrible species, but animals makes me cry.

Oh, and before I as per usual get swarmed with ''U SUPORT GEENEECIDE OMG UR SO EEVILL'' it's not that I supprt murdering people or anything and I feel bad. But we're a sucky species and we like to destroy everything so I'd say we deseerve it.

• Brohoof 1

IN SHORT: I don't go on spider murdering rampages. And I'm not scared of them. But it's whatever.

Sorry, but I don't. Actually, I hate all bugs. And by 'hate', I mean 'ohmygodthereisatinybeenearthedoorlookslikeimstuckinsidefortherestofthedayohGodwhy?' I seriously have such an irrational fear over all bugs. Except Snails, they're pretty legit. And Worms. And Slugs. And Pillbugs. I mean, what're they gonna do, roll over you?

Oh yeah, and Snakes are pretty awesome, I used to have one as a kid! It was a small Garden snake, and lived a while, can't exactly remember how long though.

I have a half dozen or so living in my bedroom, and I quite like them, so long as they don't try to make webs all over my door, or crawl on me while I sleep. But yeah, they're pretty cool. I like the way they look, and they eat any flies or other small bugs that find their way into my fortress of solitude.

• Brohoof 1

i do love them, they are kindness, cute and sometime they party hard sometime fearless when they drop in my face wile sleeping or very shy when i try to remove them ... :huh:

• Brohoof 1