Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's talk cars! :D

Krystal

(edited)

For all you bronies who want to have a disscussion about cars, this is the place.

I would hope we talk more about:

Luxury cars

Vintage cars

Muscle cars

Sports cars

Supercars

Hypercars

Concept cars

But whatever you want to converse about is fine, as long as it's car related. :)

I'm not an expert by any means but I do like cars and enjoy talking about them.

EDIT: I forgot about motorcycles, quadbikes, and those motorized tricycle things. Those are fine too. :)

My grandpa has one of these; '57 Chevy Bel Air. He's told me that it's super rare and that only about 14 are left to known to exist in the world. He restored it himself and, if sold at auction today, he could probably get about $750,000.And when I say restored, I don't mean he found an old rusty one in a junkyard and spruced it up. He basically had the frame and then searched all over the world for original parts which he used to put together and now he has something that looks almost exactly like what you see below. And it runs like a dream too :D

Posted Image

And now for a list of cars I wish I could have:

Lamborghini Reventon

Posted Image

Check out the dash! :D

Posted Image

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Posted Image

Ford GT (gotta' be blue)

Posted Image

Bugatti Veyron

Posted Image

Maybe in Cheetah Pink?

Posted Image

How about a nice mirrored finish?

Posted Image

Lexus LFA

Posted Image

Chevy Camaro (gotta' be in Bumblebee colors)

Posted Image

Edited by Krystal
  • Brohoof 4

I'm a pretty big import tuner fan. In my spare time, I enjoy taking my mint condition Acura Integra for a spin. It's also a daily driver, but I love the days where it's just you...your car...and the open road...no obligations! Those are rare moments.

If you all are really into cars (especially driving), I highly recommend attending some high performance driving events, maybe some autocross, and there is a place on the North Carolina/Tennessee boarder called Deals Gap, nicknamed the Dragon Run. It's a pretty awesome stretch of road. It must be respected, but it is certainly the most flocked to enthusiast road in the united states. Did I mention it had 318 curves in 11 miles!?

Posted Image

That should start some discussion!

And since 2005, and still 7 years later, the 2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo is still my favorite American supercar. I think speed enthusiast like Rainbow Dash would approve of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds, aerodynamics that allow the car to be driven upside down past 170mph from some intense down force, and a top speed of 245mph with superior handling and agility!

Posted Image

Maybe some more discussion: Toyota FR-S versus Subaru's BRZ: Go!

• Brohoof 1

im hoping to get a '57 ford thunderbird my grandpa is working on

Inheritance. Its the only thing we really can count on.

Favorite car overall: 2012 Nissan GT-R

Favorite ('Murican) supercar: Saleen S7 *drools*

Favorite Pick-up: Ford F150 Raptor Supercab

• Brohoof 1

If I could have any car in the world it would be a Lamborghini Reventon

Posted Image

I know there's a lot of more expensive cars out there but this car is just unspeakably gorgeous and only 20 of them exist so the rarity of them also makes me want one

• Brohoof 1

Dodge Challengers/Chargers from the 70's are my favorite. ♥

Maybe some more discussion: Toyota FR-S versus Subaru's BRZ: Go!

THEY'RE THE SAME BLOODY CAR! Well kinda. From what I've read, the shocks are tuned a bit differently. I most definitely wouldn't mind owning the Suby though. All it needs is a turbo and its good to go, right up til the head gasket goes.

I don't care for American sports cars. They're all too heavy and need massive powerhouses just to be competitive. That and they're stupid enough to put bloody automatic trannies in them. People, standard is superior in every way. Stop being lazy and learn the clutch so when I eventually have the money to buy a brand spankin' new car, standard will be an option. That's the only thing I hate about my current car and for reasons I still haven't figured out, Acura was stupid enough to use a damn 4 speed automatic in a car with a 4 cylinder motor. So I gotta rev the nuts off of it just to go uphill. But I digress.

The sports/super/hyper cars I like are the Lotus Evora S, Nissan GTR and of course the all-mighty Koenigsegg Agera R. Chassis is entirely carbon fiber. Just about anything that can be carbon fiber is carbon fiber on them and now they're pushing out 960 horsepower (on gas, 1140 on ethanol) out of a 5 liter V-8 which is just insane and it just looks amazing.Posted Image

Have I mentioned my dislike for Jettas? No? Dammit, they are a pain in the ass to maintain. 150, for spark plug wires? that's freaking outrageous.

Am I the only one who wants this?

Posted Image

Woah... I want.

I don't like Japanese cars at all. Except the Lexus LFA

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Nissan GT-R is also good... But yeah... dat LFA.

The camero is my favorite of the modern muscle cars

For me, it's going to have to be the Mustang. I absolutely LOVE the Mustang.