Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's talk cars! :D

Krystal

(edited)

My grandpa has one of these; '57 Chevy Bel Air. He's told me that it's super rare and that only about 14 are left to known to exist in the world. He restored it himself and, if sold at auction today, he could probably get about $750,000.And when I say restored, I don't mean he found an old rusty one in a junkyard and spruced it up. He basically had the frame and then searched all over the world for original parts which he used to put together and now he has something that looks almost exactly like what you see below. And it runs like a dream too :Dimg-469046-1-800px-57_Chevy_BelAir_2_Doo

What's the specs on that 57? Does that one have the 327 v8 and the factory Rochester fuel Injection and 4 speed Manual? Now that would be a rare Chevy, the 57 chevy in itself is rather common, yet still very desirable. Still not cheap.

Myself, Im a big Mopar guy , one of my favourites being the 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst, big tank of a car, but its got power! Big hurst tuned 440 between the rails! Also, the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona.(Most of the 300 hursts wernt convertibles though)post-21323-0-09432400-1425368106_thumb.jpg

Edited by Looking Glass

I'd like to see THAT in Mad Max.

It wouldn't be fair to all the other vehicles.  The glorious VW Beetle is far too intimidating.  Mad Max said as much in his aptly titled memoir (and official companion piece to the film): "The Glorious VW Beetle is Far Too Intimidating."

Admittedly, I'm also fond of Corvettes.  Particularly this one for some reason...

post-26550-0-67101200-1425367131_thumb.png

I actually own a Corvette.  And a Camaro.  And a Firebird.  And a Mustang.  They're pictured below:

By that logic, I own a McLaren P1, an R34 Skyline GT-R, The Homer, and a Tyrrell P34.

My dream car is this... 

post-30427-0-27506000-1414944123_thumb.jpg

I currently own a 2000 Chrysler LHS. It's a great car. 180K miles and it still runs like it was just bought. I'm supposed to get 18 Miles Per Gallon but I've been getting 24-25 Miles per gallon. I just got new tires for it about a month ago. I also plan on redoing the audio system and buying Kicker speakers for it. I plan on installing 2 speakers in the trunk on top of replacing the current 9 speakers that I have. Also, a Rainbow Dash bumper/window sticker isn't out of the question either.

post-30427-0-70817700-1416517151_thumb.jpg
post-30427-0-46205700-1416517243_thumb.jpg

thoughts about the new 2017 Ford GT?

i honestly think they screwed up bad. 

the original Le Mans GT40 was a masterpiece!

the 2006 Ford GT was an accurate and beautiful representation of the original.

the 2017 one? it doesn't even look like a GT anymore, and it has an ecoboost v6?! what where they thinking? :c

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

repsol rave, on 03 Mar 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

thoughts about the new 2017 Ford GT?

i honestly think they screwed up bad.

the original Le Mans GT40 was a masterpiece!

the 2006 Ford GT was an accurate and beautiful representation of the original.

the 2017 one? it doesn't even look like a GT anymore, and it has an ecoboost v6?! what where they thinking? :c

I Agree, its rather ugly, and the ecoboost v6, a huge disappointment.

"The power of a v8, the Economy of a v6" and it fails at both the latter spectalcularly. The Twin turbo barely keeps up with the 5.3 l chevy v8s, in its highest spec police tune, the slowest of the new v8s.

Fuel economy is dismal for a v6, 25mpg (regular ) at its best, 21mpg (twin turbo police) at its worst.

The Chevy 6.0l v8 and the Chrysler 5.7 Hemi v8 both get better figures, in both power and economy.

The Non Turbo model is an Absolute Slug! The slowest of the American V6s, and still the worst on gas!

If ford was smart, they should have used all that Research and Development on their 5.8l, they could have made a real kickass motor there!

Edited by Looking Glass
  • Brohoof 1

Well...

The new F-150 Raptor has a TT V6 that's actually more powerful than the old one, and it has better fuel economy. The new GT isn't really meant for fuel mileage. 

Consider this, the road car is going to make 600 HP with a 3.5L V6. Ford says they want to race it at Le Mans. The maximum displacement for turbo engines is 4.0L. They can increase the size of the engine, and while it probably will just be BoP'd to hell (like what happened to Corvette Racing in TUSCC last year), they still could produce a hell of a powerful car.

It wouldn't be fair to all the other vehicles.  The glorious VW Beetle is far too intimidating.  Mad Max said as much in his aptly titled memoir (and official companion piece to the film): "The Glorious VW Beetle is Far Too Intimidating."

Admittedly, I'm also fond of Corvettes.  Particularly this one for some reason...

attachicon.gifcorvette_zr1_of_rainbow_dash_by_superchargedbronie-d5ma2g5.png

DUDE

I HAVE THE DESIGN FOR THAT CORVETTE IN THAT GAME THAT GIVES ME MEMORIES

anyway, on topic, aston martin pone is best pone

• 2 weeks later...

Well... The new F-150 Raptor has a TT V6 that's actually more powerful than the old one, and it has better fuel economy. The new GT isn't really meant for fuel mileage.  Consider this, the road car is going to make 600 HP with a 3.5L V6. Ford says they want to race it at Le Mans. The maximum displacement for turbo engines is 4.0L. They can increase the size of the engine, and while it probably will just be BoP'd to hell (like what happened to Corvette Racing in TUSCC last year), they still could produce a hell of a powerful car.

When I was talking about the normal and the police versions of the ecoboost v6. I know the gt version has more power, but they could have done so much more with a v8.

When it comes to cars, the thing that matters the most to me is safety. I care about whether or not it looks cool, too, but that's way farther down on the list. My dream car is the safest car on the market, regardless of whether or not it has the swag.

I think everyone in this thread will enthusiastically agree that this is the sexiest car in all the history of sexy cars:

attachicon.gif1969_volkswagen_beetle-pic-8575966954312853770.jpeg

Seriously, though: That's my favorite car. x3

We've got two of those sitting in the garage. One is road worthy, it's a 74' Super Beetle in baby blue. The other is a 73' Super Beetle, yellow body and vinyl roof. Mismatched fenders, hood and decklid. in need of some TLC, but it's in the process of becoming a Rat Rod.

Actually found a pic of our Baby blue one.

1147_103678890073_7505_n.jpg?oh=b42ac669

• Brohoof 1

When I was talking about the normal and the police versions of the ecoboost v6. I know the gt version has more power, but they could have done so much more with a v8.

Times are changing. Large displacement, naturally aspirated V8s are going to be a thing of the past.