Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DOTA 2

Neikos

So let's talk about Dota 2 in here! The upcoming MOBA.

It is meant to be the successor to Dota 1, ( Defense of the Ancients. ) and is a session based RTS/RPG.

In it you control a hero on a battlefield and you have to destroy the enemies Ancient.

You can read up on it on Wikipedia and other sources as they do a much better job!

Currently to play the game you need to either buy an invite or get randomly invited by the Valve bot.

I got in trough the latter.

Posted Image

Last game I had! At around 20 minutes in, one guy disconnected. We struggled at first, but later on we just steamrolled them 4vs5. ( We had too much damage, and I was tanking like mad. )

I have the beta, but hardly ever play it :( Are the items you purchase with real money purely cosmetic like LoL's skins?

Eyyup

Looks interesting...though I have a hard enough time in LoL just trying to stay alive ^_^

Well, you know how things are mostly balanced in LoL?

Well Dota is not like that. It is unforgiving, and new players will not have fun in it. ( Perhaps they are lucky though and find team mates who are willing to help. ) The game I had before the one I posted earlier, one guy won the game on his own. He was level 25, while I was struggling getting level 12... ( It was 3v1, and he won. )

There are silences which can last up to 15 seconds, stuns for 7 seconds. You can get immune to magic, or ethereal, etc... the list goes on.

Where ?

You have to get one from somebody who is already in the beta, it is in the ingame store.

• Brohoof 1

My processor is too weak to run it. I am missing tons of sprites so it's entirerily unplayable for me.

Here's my reaction to this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You see that flag? You recognize the country right?
People from that country ruin the game, i waited a lot to play this game, and i can't get a single game without these people.
The few games i played, were with these people, they all went to the bottom, they all died trying to push and feeded the other team.
THIS HAPPENED ON THE FEW GAMES I PLAYED, and with different people!
I'm not touching it anymore.

Hmm i might try the game once i get access to it. As an avid HoN player, i'm sure it's not much to relearn. x)

Also 411 gpm and 530 xpmin, looks good Neikos! =)

• Brohoof 1

Hmm i might try the game once i get access to it. As an avid HoN player, i'm sure it's not much to relearn. x)

Also 411 gpm and 530 xpmin, looks good Neikos! =)

Well Rikimaru is the kind of character that can really snowball. His ult makes him invisible when he does not attack for 3/2.25/1.5 sec. His E gives him bonus damage when attack from behind, the damage is equal to your agility 0./0.75/1/1.25 so at level ~8 you start doing 2.25x damage from behind. Your W teleports you behind an und and you do extra damage on it if it's an enemy! And your Q blinds people while they stay in the zone and are silenced. ( About 500 units I think ) So at the end of that game I pretty much three shotted their carry.

Well Rikimaru is the kind of character that can really snowball. His ult makes him invisible when he does not attack for 3/2.25/1.5 sec. His E gives him bonus damage when attack from behind, the damage is equal to your agility 0./0.75/1/1.25 so at level ~8 you start doing 2.25x damage from behind. Your W teleports you behind an und and you do extra damage on it if it's an enemy! And your Q blinds people while they stay in the zone and are silenced. ( About 500 units I think ) So at the end of that game I pretty much three shotted their carry.

I'm aware x), the exact same hero exist in HoN. Don't play him that much because people counter him with revelation wards and bound eye but yeah it's a good pubstomp hero for sure. =)

Btw is it possible to buy yourself into the beta?

• Brohoof 1

I'm aware x), the exact same hero exist in HoN. Don't play him that much because people counter him with revelation wards and bound eye but yeah it's a good pubstomp hero for sure. =)

Btw is it possible to buy yourself into the beta?

Yes but only trough someone who is already in the beta!

Posted Image

Yes but only trough someone who is already in the beta!

Posted Image

Ahhh... that sucks, 29 euro is nothing. x)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wait it sucks... because it is nothing? >.>

Let me rephrase that, I mean it sucks that you have to be in the beta to buy an invite because 29 euro is not much for what they offer in it.

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

Well it's just to regulate it at least a bit, besides you can always find someone who would do it for you.

For example I would be happy to buy someone an invite when they repay me :P

Well it's just to regulate it at least a bit, besides you can always find someone who would do it for you.

For example I would be happy to buy someone an invite when they repay me :P

Actually it was possible for me to buy myself into the beta, so i did. x) (Will try a game later)

• Brohoof 1