Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ZENos

(edited)

Hi, this is just a Thread for ponies who have too much time on their hoofs so they learn a controversial skill.

BLANKBLANKBLANK

Even if you just want to know something, just give me a shout and i will probably get back to you. I will not tell you how to hack, so don't ask me to. But i will give you advice with your technique.

Edited by ZENos

*off topic* dude you actually joined, told you these are good forums!

*on topic* oh of course, you would make a topic about hacking wouldn't you? I know you too well xD

Well it depends, hacking, like most things can be used good or bad.

But hacking and hackers aren't inherently bad, and it's all down to personal opinion really.

IMO hacking is just another tool for people to use.

*off topic* dude you actually joined, told you these are good forums!

*on topic* oh of course, you would make a topic about hacking wouldn't you? I know you too well xD

Well it depends, hacking, like most things can be used good or bad.

But hacking and hackers aren't inherently bad, and it's all down to personal opinion really.

IMO hacking is just another tool for people to use.

It's a very morally gray area, certainly, but I would call it more along the lines of public opinion. One man's thoughts can be influenced by those around him. The media portrays the hacker stereotype as malicious individuals, and I don't think anything can be done to change their public perception.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't really call myself a hacker, but I am pretty good at getting access to files that I shouldn't, and finding holes in restrictions on school computers and stuff. I'm pretty good at guessing passwords, as well. At least those of friends and family.

• Brohoof 3

I have done some reverse engineering and basic disassembly.

I actually got an Oblivion extension from the Xbox to work on PC. Not too practical but I wonder if this will work for Dawnguard.

(edited)

I used to be all about hacking and would do all sorts of illegal things, but then I stopped for a year and pretty much forgot everything.

Edited by lordbababa

Posted Image

My friend Dylan is a hacker, and if MLP Forums doesn't stop posting ponies, he will shut you down.

Is god on his side?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wouldn't really call myself a hacker, but I am pretty good at getting access to files that I shouldn't, and finding holes in restrictions on school computers and stuff. I'm pretty good at guessing passwords, as well. At least those of friends and family.

Well at least you know your limits; I know several script fillies that think they're unstoppable. Am guessing by now you have used the ‘net user’ command via CMD? That’s how I started out, just messing around on the CMD writing a few .bat files to annoy my parents. But after a lot of testing, reading and obsessively drinking Monster I now have the know-how to annoy not just my parents but anyone in the world.

I can find people to the floor number they’re on, I can tell admins of websites and servers there passwords and disable people from connecting to the internet. All-in-all very fun.

So I salute you script filly, for all the random holes you run through on your network.

I have done some reverse engineering and basic disassembly.

I actually got an Oblivion extension from the Xbox to work on PC. Not too practical but I wonder if this will work for Dawnguard.

Well if you’re going to try for Dawnguard I wish you all the best of luck, but I must warn you that the amount of fiddling you will have to do will be phenomenal. Unlike Oblivion, Skyrim uses a rather different file structure, you may have problems with linking the assembly from Skyrim to the assembly from Dawnguard. I used to be an adventurer like you, but then my Skyrim took a nul to the dec.

Edited by ZENos
  • Brohoof 1

Well at least you know your limits; I know several script fillies that think they're unstoppable. Am guessing by now you have used the ‘net user’ command via CMD? That’s how I started out, just messing around on the CMD writing a few .bat files to annoy my parents. But after a lot of testing, reading and obsessively drinking Monster I now have the know-how to annoy not just my parents but anyone in the world.

I can find people to the floor number they’re on, I can tell admins of websites and servers there passwords and disable people from connecting to the internet. All-in-all very fun.

So I salute you script filly, for all the random holes you run through on your network.

Isn't a script kiddie someone who uses scripts and programs and stuff made by other people to hack? I don't really do that, I just mess around with cmd and stuff. It's hardly even hacking :P

Isn't a script kiddie someone who uses scripts and programs and stuff made by other people to hack? I don't really do that, I just mess around with cmd and stuff. It's hardly even hacking :P

That's true, on both accounts. Hacking is when you get unauthorised access to someone else's system.

Of which can be used to find security holes in companies network's and some people make a living out of doing so and then reporting it to the company in question. It's called white hat hacking.

I personally have an in depth understanding of a variety of DoS attacks and know about encryption. But I've never done any hacking, too bust posting ponies.

Posted Image

My friend Dylan is a hacker, and if MLP Forums doesn't stop posting ponies, he will shut you down.

But.... I'm... :(

Also, I have a feeling this thread may be against forum rules.

(edited)

Everyone thinks I am a hacker just because i know alot of Linux Commands, and use the CLI alot...

*Sigh*

When your OS of choice is Linux, a lot of people just assume you are a hacker. Just like if you use a Mac, people assume you are stupid hipster with more money than sense, which is totally true.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Everyone thinks I am a hacker just because i know alot of Linux Commands, and use the CLI alot...

*Sigh*

Yeah, a lot of people don't quite know what hacking is, and movies don't help with the matter.

​ Although it is true that hacking would normally be done trough a command line interface.

And another problem is that a lot of people never even see terminals on their computers, so they don't know much about them and as per standard for the unknown, fear them and think they are evil.

Edited by Tomzoid the EggDroid

Yeah, a lot of people don't quite know what hacking is, and movies don't help with the matter.

​ Although it is true that hacking would normally be done trough a command line interface.

And another problem is that a lot of people never even see terminals on their computers, so they don't know much about them and as per standard for the unknown, fear them and think they are evil.

I prefer a laggy 3d UI over a terminal.

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys, look, it's the average hacker!

Posted Image

I was interested in hacking, so I went to thins one site that teaches you. Not gonna say it's name for fear of moon banishment.

I've got like, very medicore skills, but I could probably get through a noobs site.

Posted Image

That looks like a younger version of me.

Haha...I wouldn't let my techniques get into the open...that's one of the only things I'm good at...