Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Sega Thread

QueenChrysalis

I grew up with a Genisis, and while I'm more of a Nintendo gamer, there were a few games I enjoyed.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Herp da Derp here. I enjoyed Sonics 1-3, Spinball, and borrowed my friends little knuckles thingy for it. I don't really consider myself a sonic fan, as those are the only games I played. Enjoyable, but I prefer other platformers, mostly because Sonic games are about speed, while I prefer to take things slow and relaxed, and explore and enjoy the landscape and levels.

Jurassic Park Rampage Edition

Not sure if that's what its called, but this game was freaking awesome if I can remember correctly. You could play as a motha-fuckin Velociraptor. That's bad-ass.

Lion King

This was a fun game, even if I never got past the 'I Just Can't Wait to be King' level.

Ecco the Dolphin

My favorite Sega series, please somepony remember it. Please. It was difficult, awesome, epic, please remember this, somepony here. There were two games, as well as a one for littler kids that's still fun. The games were brutal, awesome, and on the Virtual Console. Please somepony here remember them so I don't feel alone here.

Oh, I can bring a Sega Genesis game to the conversation that I love even though I only played it a bit a year ago.

Rocket Knight. Man, I played the demo of the new one on PS3 and then found out it's a game on Genesis too. It was a fun platformer.

yet the game gear had a tv adapter for it lawlz

I thought the Gameboy did too, I could swear I've played a Gameboy game on a TV once a long time ago.

Gameboy was amazing. I still have my gameboy color somewhere, with a zelda game in the slot. I've had a re-occuring dream about gameboys...Not even lying.

Don't worry, I'm done talking about Nintendo in the Sega thread. Don't hit me with the ban-hammer (:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Herp da Derp here. I enjoyed Sonics 1-3, Spinball, and borrowed my friends little knuckles thingy for it. I don't really consider myself a sonic fan, as those are the only games I played. Enjoyable, but I prefer other platformers, mostly because Sonic games are about speed, while I prefer to take things slow and relaxed, and explore and enjoy the landscape and levels.

Not really. At least, not the Genesis games.

The Genesis Sonic games are far from being about speed. The only people who can truly speed through them are the pros, otherwise you are likely to get an early game over if you try to speed your way through them.

Games like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors are a little more speed-conscious for beginners thanks to the developers leaving the levels open to boost often, however to get to the really good routes you can't boost all the time until you are a master at the game.

Peoples' complaints about Sonic Unleashed being "Boost boost boost until you win" aren't entirely true. The only way to do really well in the levels is to actually platform, though the levels are made so you can still boost as much as you want, you just won't get so many rings or items and such.

I've been mostly a Nintendo Gamer simply because it's the systems my mom always bought. It wasn't until I was old enough to get a job and make my own money that I finally got something new. That's when I got my PS2 and PS3.

I've been mostly a Nintendo Gamer simply because it's the systems my mom always bought. It wasn't until I was old enough to get a job and make my own money that I finally got something new. That's when I got my PS2 and PS3.

I got my ps2 when I was about 8, and that was because my friend gave me it with Kingdom Hearts.

Now if sony would of teamed up with Sega, I might of got into Capcom's stuff.

I heard a rumor about Sega planning to release another console that could only play Sega games on it but I don't know how true these rumors were.

If this is true then this is why Sega keeps killing themselves. :'(

for the time yes the goal was to beat nintendo so they had a hard core fan base that rallyde to beat nintendo and they did for a short time BTW THAT IS MY FAV SEGA ADD OF ALL TIME

I don't personally view any jab at another gaming company as good marketing...all it does is encourage fanboys to be even more annoying about which console is/was "better."

Nowadays, that add has a much different (and slightly funny) meaning. :P

I don't personally view any jab at another gaming company as good marketing...all it does is encourage fanboys to be even more annoying about which console is/was "better."

Nowadays, that add has a much different (and slightly funny) meaning. :P

true maibe but they where markating to crowds of gamer who did not like nintendo the gamer who thot the nintendo was for babes it work for all of 1993 sega had 69% nintendo had 28 and othere had 3%

It's ads like that that made it illegal (or at least against the rules) to directly bash on another company in your own ads. lol

Also, because I love deviantart and the many wonders it brings I shall post this:

Posted Image