Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your Favorite Mario Game

I honestly cant pick just one, there’s too many awesome games.

Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3. Super Mario 64, Super Mario World,

are my favorites.

Have I ever told anyone I beated Super Mario Bros. 3 without getting a game over. :wub:

nice, that game is pretty tough, it kicks my butt at world 8, but if i am really focused i can handle

it, still i admit i cant do it without several game overs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Have I ever told anyone I beated Super Mario Bros. 3 without getting a game over. :wub:

In that case, you have the platformer skills of a god.

You have beaten an SMB game without ever getting a game over.

I salute you.

Edited by Stoner Spike
  • Brohoof 1

Super Mario Bros. 3 was and is a great game (I never did manage to beat it all the way, it's difficult for some reason), but I'd have to say my favorite is NSMB Wii (New Super Mario Bros.) because of the best BGM, good graphics, the return of the Koopalings, increased difficulty (at least more from the old NSMBs, the first SMB will always be the hardest), new powerups, etc.

And Super Mario Bros. 1 was pretty good too. I managed to clear this game because of the Warp Zone thing at the end of every second level in a world. Otherwise, I would have never beaten it...

Heh, i am a beast at the original game, i managed to finish it with fire Mario, no death's and no hits once!

i love to speedrun the game.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh, i am a beast at the original game, i managed to finish it with fire Mario, no death's and no hits once!

You managed to beat an SMB without a death or a hit?

I DON'T BERIEVE YOU :angry:

You all make me feel like I completely suck at these games!

Edited by Stoner Spike

You managed to beat an SMB without a death or a hit?

I DON'T BERIEVE YOU :angry:

You all make me feel like I completely suck at these games!

Using Warp Zones, Of Course ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

no! Hotel Mario is a wrong answer!

But yeah, It wasn't my first time scratching up a mario game. I also scratched Mario Kart: Double Dash. I feel so ashamed :blush:

Double Dash too?

Posted Image

how can you sleep at nights? :P

And I thought there were no wrong answers. lol

Edited by Metzger
  • Brohoof 1

I can make it to 8-2 Until I completely suck

(edited)

Actually, speedrunning SMB is pretty easy...all platformers are are just tests of muscle memory. Every little thing runs like clockwork, and it's possible to do it with your eyes shut. Batshit insane and hard, but possible.

I really liked DD, but Mario Paint takes the cake here...

JK, I'd have to say SMB 3.

Edited by frenzyhero
  • Brohoof 3

I can make it to 8-2 Until I completely suck

8-2 can be hard, i have played it so many times that i have a pattern i always follow,

the hardest part is the wide gap, try getting speed and jumping on the last platform then

you should be able to jump across very quickly.

8-3 is the hardest level for me, when i don't win its this level that kills me, lots of hammer bros.....

Actually, speedrunning SMB is pretty easy...all platformers are are just tests of muscle memory. Every little thing runs like clockwork, and it's possible to do it with your eyes shut. Batshit insane and hard, but possible.

I really liked DD, but Mario Paint takes the cake here...

JK, I'd have to say SMB 3.

so true :)

Super mario galaxy 2 was pretty fun also.

I could never beat the classics though. Way to hard. :(

I never played the first Galaxy, but i did beat the second one. Hardest thing about it is the Last Special Stage. I yelled so loud at the creen.

That reduces the difficulty slightly, but it's still crazy hard.

i wanna do a full run, i got to world 6-2 once that way but got a game over,

i bet if i tried again i could do it.

I don't have a Wii. I have a Playstation3...

I REGRET NOTHING.

To inform you I never even touched a controller of a PS3 or a Xbox 360

To inform you I never even touched a controller of a PS3 or a Xbox 360

so you're hardcore nintendo :) ?

If you're having problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems, and a Wii ain't one.

:lol: nice reference

not saying I hate the wii

because I have one :D

• Brohoof 1

Man, instead of making me feel old, I'm happy I was born in that era.

I feeling like going retro and hooking up that old NES console...

To see how much I suck at those games and yet enjoy them more than those FPS with fancy graphics and auto-saving progress they keep making.

They were part of my childhood even though I couldn't beat them until I wasn't a child anymore. lol

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No, at first I wanted a Wii, but we didn't have any $$$. So when it was time to upgrade to current gen, we looked at the Wii's library, and no offense, it was full of generic bull. I got to try 'em out, one of my friends had all 3, so we decided on PS3 for the free online, good graphics, ease of use, and how badass it looked. Oh yeah, and it didn't die 70% of the time.

Speaking of, it broke 7 months later, and I was thankful we bought new and with warranty. Never play MW 26 hours straight again...

so you're hardcore nintendo :) ?

:lol: nice reference

not saying I hate the wii

because I have one :D

Man, instead of making me feel old, I'm happy I was born in that era.

I feeling like going retro and hooking up that old NES console...

To see how much I suck at those games and yet enjoy them more than those FPS with fancy graphics and auto-saving progress they keep making.

They were part of my childhood even though I couldn't beat them until I wasn't a child anymore. lol

Thank the lord for autosave...was playing GTA4 today, and my rocket skipped TWICE back to me, blew up a car, which blew up another car, which in turn blew up ANOTHER car, and launched my ass into space...

Edited by frenzyhero
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Super Mario World (SNES) is simply one of the best games to ever be created. Certainly a fine role model for all the aspiring platformers out there these days.

Paper Mario (original) is just a simply amazing game period. A platformer / RPG with innovative mechanics, great graphics (for the time), engaging story, emotional music, memorable gameplay ... one of the best genre hybrids to exist.

Mario Kart (SNES) is a fantastic combat racing game with amazing race tracks and all of our favorite Mario characters ... how can you go wrong?

[i'm cheating here] Yoshi's Island. Cute characters and an endearing charm, this game adds an interesting aspect to the (semi) Mario franchise by you having to protect a baby Mario.

Edited by Strife
  • Brohoof 1

this thread hit me in the nostalgia glands :o

No, at first I wanted a Wii, but we didn't have any $$$. So when it was time to upgrade to current gen, we looked at the Wii's library, and no offense, it was full of generic bull. I got to try 'em out, one of my friends had all 3, so we decided on PS3 for the free online, good graphics, ease of use, and how badass it looked. Oh yeah, and it didn't die 70% of the time.

Speaking of, it broke 7 months later, and I was thankful we bought new and with warranty. Never play MW 26 hours straight again...

Thank the lord for autosave...was playing GTA4 today, and my rocket skipped TWICE back to me, blew up a car, which blew up another car, which in turn blew up ANOTHER car, and launched my ass into space...

Not sure why, but I personally find Xbox and PS games to be more generic...

to each their own I guess.

Though I'll agree on the PS3 looking pretty badass.

If I wasn't broke, I'd get one instead of having to play with my friends' every rare occasion...

gotta love GTA4 Physics B)

but back to topic I stopped playing mario games when the wii came out...Don't know why either :huh:

The Galaxy series and New super Mario Bros Wii still are great Mario games, you should try them out if you haven't.