Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

461 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

Let's say you stumbled across a machine that cloned you but with one difference, your clone is a member of the opposite sex.

Would you date your rule 63'd self?

I imagine the conversation and interests would get boring since you know, it's you. It would be all similarities with no opposites or excitement.

Now if you could alter a few traits so that it's not completely identical, then I might be swayed.

Bonus: Has any artists drawn themselves or had a friend draw them as a member of the opposite sex? My friend did for me but I never got to see the final product :/

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 9

Yes, I would. You say conversation would get boring but if you knew me well enough you would know that I can talk about the same crap, especially with those who agree and talk about the exact same things, forever and ever.

A clone of me would be the best mate ever, but in reality I can't find that in a woman. I've found like four guys who are exactly like me in almost every way but I've never met a single girl like me. I am sadface. :(

• Brohoof 6

I wouldn't date full stop :P

I wouldn't want to date someone who is a clone of me because im a boring person, IRL and i'd get bored of my self, like I already do, but with someone else who is like me, but is someone else...

I voted : NO

1. I don't like boys with blond hair, I prefer guys with dark hair.

2. I'm way too stubborn for my own good, and we would drive each other crazy .

3. Differences are what make a relationship interesting and dynamic

a.) having too many similarities doesn't allow you grow as a person, by exploring new things your partner likes

b.) having differences; conflicting opinions, helps you learn from eachother, otherwise the relationship would get too boring.

~ :D

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 10

Can you add another option based off my prior response please? :)

There wouldn't be male DNA though, just a 2nd X-chromosome lol. (Or a Y-chromosome if you're a girl and your swapped self would be male)

• Brohoof 1

I voted : NO

1. I don't like boys with blond hair, I prefer guys with dark hair.

2. I'm way too stubborn for my own good, and we would drive each other crazy .

3. Differences are what make a relationship interesting and dynamic

a.) having too many similarities doesn't allow you grow as a person, by exploring new things your partner likes

b.) having differences; conflicting opinions, helps you learn from eachother, otherwise the relationship would get too boring.

~ :D

I don't believe any of this personally. People being different is exactly what caused all my relationships to end, if people were like me I'd have an easier time with relationships.

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe any of this personally. People being different is exactly what caused all my relationships to end, if people were like me I'd have an easier time with relationships.

Well, we shall agree to disagree then.

I've had A LOT of serious relationships, I consider myself a bit of an expert.

Differences don't cause relationships to end: personality flaws do.

Such as; selfishness ---> cheating, ignoring your partner, always taking and never giving

etc.

*you get the idea

Differences between people whether in friendships or relationships allow us to grow as a person our selves, by exploring parts of us we never knew. Look at the show MLP, watch the characters grow (especially Twilight) and learn from their differences . ~

Edited by Shankveld

I do that with friends. Relationships are an entirely different matter to me.

I've had only one serious relationship, I'll admit, but that one ended because in the end it turns out I'm mostly annoyed with her and a lot of the things she does and says and she seems so childish a lot of the time.

I'm not the type who has to be with someone at all times but at the same time the thought that there could be someone out there to have a serious relationship with nags at my mind so even though I'm single now I await the day I can be with someone. Of course, I'm a coward when it comes to asking people out anyway so I may just end up being single the rest of my life. LOL

I do that with friends. Relationships are an entirely different matter to me.

I've had only one serious relationship, I'll admit, but that one ended because in the end it turns out I'm mostly annoyed with her and a lot of the things she does and says and she seems so childish a lot of the time.

I'm not the type who has to be with someone at all times but at the same time the thought that there could be someone out there to have a serious relationship with nags at my mind so even though I'm single now I await the day I can be with someone. Of course, I'm a coward when it comes to asking people out anyway so I may just end up being single the rest of my life. LOL

Oh see, that wasn't a difference, that was a conflict of maturity.

You need to date someone who is just as mature as you :) ~

*Don't worry, you'll find your special someone one day

Oh see, that wasn't a difference, that was a conflict of maturity.

You need to date someone who is just as mature as you :) ~

*Don't worry, you'll find your special someone one day

There a difference between mature and whatever he is.

lol I'm not exactly confident about that. First of all, I don't exactly go anywhere. Second, when I'm at work or something and do see someone I'm interested in (purely based on looks, of course) I don't have the courage to ask them out cuz I'm always afraid of the answer "I already have a boyfriend"

I can do rejection, it's that particular answer that would make me embarrassed. Plus I've heard that asking someone out who doesn't even know who you are is a bad thing so that makes it worse. -_-

This may sound narcissistic, but I would LOVE to date myself as a girl.

Again, just saying my qualities, not showing off.

I am loving, caring, I protect the ones I love, and I put my heart on the line, so I trust everyone.