Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

460 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

I saw in it the new maybe a month ago

go look it up and read the entire article,

but scientist proved it impossible ~

*google is your friend

:)

hmph, I dont really buy that one, assuming velocity is needed, assuming we have whats needed to actually do what they were proposing. its like looking at two parent, discover that the dad is sterile, and then say its proved those two cant ever have kids. but there are tons of ways. we are at a point in science where we should not be allowed to "prove" anything wrong at all. especially nothing of the complexity. we simply cant yet.

they are making assumptions. calling a hypothesis based on assumptions proof is just....

but this is kinda derailing the thread. but I just had to mention it.

Edited by Flutterfry

Because XFizzle did not add another option for me I will make up an imaginary one assuming that the female version of me is entirely female and has no male DNA. :P

I would not want to date myself as I do not imagine a female version of me being someone I would like http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self.

Throughout my entire existence on this planet, I've been stuck having to deal with my own thoughts and emotions. Subsequently, I've spent a great deal of time trying to decipher the inner workings of my mind, attempting to figure out what makes me tick. Like most, I can only seem to scratch the surface before inevitably getting lost somewhere along the line, driving me to give up and watch ponies instead.

Anyone who's had a shot at introspection knows that such a feat is difficult enough when there's only one of you. Throw a gender swapped clone into the equation, and you've got yourself a mess. You'd be finishing not only each others sentences, but likely each others thoughts as well. Everything you thought you knew about yourself would be completely warped as you view yourself from a disturbingly different perspective. And to live together as partners? I can't think of any quicker route to madness.

Sounds like a nightmare to me, I think I'll just stick with one copy of myself.

• Brohoof 3

You'd be finishing not only each others sentences, but likely each others thoughts as well.

Hang on, I've thought about something like this before.

I beleive, while that would be the case at first, after awhile that creepy pattern would wear off. All it takes is something like you two focusing on different things, and you already lose those synchronized thought patterns.

And the loss of having the same thoughts at the momment also affects saying the exact same things. What your thinking at the momment affects what you would say, so if your thinking different things, your going to say different things.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope for many different reasons. First I think it might be weird to date someone who looks like they could be your brother.... it only makes it worse because technically you're closer than siblings you're one in the same. Second sure it would be nice to have someone who gets my humor everytime I tell a joke but after a while it would get annoying hearing the same jokes over and over again, cause come on you know if you thought it up good chances are your clone would say it. Third I don't like guys so dating a clone of myself is beyond creepy so those are my reasons why I would not date myself. Or at least the big three.

• Brohoof 1

Nope for many different reasons. First I think it might be weird to date someone who looks like they could be your brother.... it only makes it worse because technically you're closer than siblings you're one in the same. Second sure it would be nice to have someone who gets my humor everytime I tell a joke but after a while it would get annoying hearing the same jokes over and over again, cause come on you know if you thought it up good chances are your clone would say it. Third I don't like guys so dating a clone of myself is beyond creepy so those are my reasons why I would not date myself. Or at least the big three.

Such a smart lady here :) ^ ~

If a straight male were to clone themselves female, wouldn't the female be a lesbian.

The original like woman, the second is the same person but with a different sex therefore it would still like women.

I'm straight unless convinced otherwise, therefore my rule 63 self would like women unless I could convince her otherwise. My personality and looks wouldn't be enough to make me sway the other way, therefore impossible!

If I changed Rule 63 me into a straight female then still no! We'd end up killing one another for fucking up each other's lives and I think Rule 63 me would win because I can't hit a lady!

Rule 63 me would go on to try to date many of my male friends or female friends if convinced other wise! Strangely why do I see my life improving if this were to happen! :blink:

• 1 month later...

Hehe, I've always dreamed of it. It's just that im to cute for me not to like me if I were female.

So yeah, female version of me, just shorter and without a beard.

And why would it get boring? I talk to myself all the time! I have arguments with myself, so really it would be pretty cool