Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date your gender-swapped self?

Doctor XFizzle

460 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date your gender-swapped self?

• Yes, completely identical, just the opposite sex
    • Yes, but with a few altered personality traits
    • No
    • I haven't got a clue (...winter wrap-up! winter wrap-up! Let's finish our holiday cheer...)

Looking back on my original post in this thread I find myself cringing. The answer to the question is still "yes, absolutely" for the same reasons but I sounded so whiny and desperate. CURSE YOU, ME OF THE PAST. MAKING ME SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT.

Nope, I would absolutely hate myself. Not that I do that, I'm happy to be who I am but I wouldn't be able to stand myself if I was another person. I hate it when some one is hyper and talks a lot but that's who I am. I have a lot of respect for my friends atually sincs I don't think that I would even be friends with myself :please:

• Brohoof 2

I said yes "with a few altered personality traits" but... they say opposite attract for a reason. For example, my *special somepony* is very outgoing while I'm... The complete opposite. But I'm attracted to that... I think the best relationships are the ones that you grow as people together because of your contrasting strengths and weaknesses... That would be possible if you were to similar.

That was a bit to deep for the question at hand... Oh well. x3

I don't know about that... that would probably be pretty disturbing.

Then again, a female clone of myself would probably be the only person in the world whom I'd be compatible with... so, I don't really know.

Personally, I wouldn't.

Mainly because we'd kill each other because we'd always be locking horns and fighting over everything. I'm also a rather boring person so chances are we'd break up because our relationship would become so boring that it'd fizzle out.

@@KatieBelle,

I never really got the "opposites attract" stuff. People who are opposite from me irritate me more than most others. And not in the "lol you frustrate me" kind of way. More like "I never want to have anything to do with you. Ever." :D

• Brohoof 1

Definitely no! Besides the fact that I am not interested into women, it would be really strange and creepy to date a female version of myself (and also a little bit arrogant). And I am also not the sort of person who would start a relationship with a person who has all the same interests than me because that would be really boring with the time. 

I would knowing a female version of me I can greatly trust if she has the same interest and life as I do. I would've said no if I found a girl who's kinda different from me. It would make my life more interesting

I would date someone similar but not identical by any means. Many people (though not all) seem to gravitate towards others who have a similar appearance anyway; dark hair to dark hair, certain facial characteristics to the same characteristics, etc. It seems to be natures way of helping us recognize someone, on some level, that we can identify with.

I wouldn't want a male clone of myself because it's no fun without differences and new territory to explore. I already know me. It would be boring to try to hold a conversation with myself when I already know what I'm going to say. Half the fun is getting to know someone else for who they are. Similarities are fine because they give some common ground to work from. But a total clone would suck.  

• Brohoof 1

I would, but the genderbent version I would see myself as is very different than what I am now. First of all, she would be more of an asshole to literally everyone but me, to which she'll be less of an asshole towards. Second, she would probably be highly sexualized, both psychologically, spiritually, and physically...in other words, she'd be acting sluttish, and actually, she probably couldn't stand herself being that way. And third and finally, she's very skilled in a lot of things, and is probably more active than I ever was, both physically and yes, very much sexually.

P.S. She would probably like to get...creative... while in-the-mood.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...