Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best resident Evil game?

Despair

So, what Resident Evil game did you enjoy playing the most? For me its Operation Raccoon City, because of the multiplayer and I'm really good on it, and second is Resident evil 4 because of the story mode.

Quite honestly I haven't played enough of the series to say.

I've played RE1 and 2, no doubt, but never could get farther than 30 minutes in.

RE:CVX I'm a couple hours in but I'm never gonna beat it with those yellow tyrants around.

RE4, however, is a masterpiece so I'll go with that. I can honestly say, however, that RE4 still wins over the others for one good reason: Controls. Fuck the shitty controls in the old games and the bad hit boxes.

Haven't played RE5 yet but I definitely want to and I can't wait for RE6. I think RE6 will be the best RE ever. (Still haven't gotten to ORC)

1, 2 and 3 way back in the older days on PLAYSTATION. Ha, my parents had to import those games since they were put on index right after their release.

As much as I enjoy the Resident Evil series, I've only played the 4th and 5th, which are the more action-oriented games. So I've missed out on what the original horror style Resident Evil began with. One of these days I should pick up the 2nd game so I can get a feel for what it was like.

Though for now, of the two games I've played I found the 4th game to be the most enjoyable, I loved the freedom you had of choosing your weapons and which to upgrade or not. The whole cult of antagonists is something I also really enjoyed.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully 6. The "modern" ones are definitely the best ones. The old ones were not that great imo. The controls were terrible and making the game more scarier that way is no excuse. The story and dialog has always been bit ridiculous in those games. Sure i liked some really cheesy stories back in the day, but Resident Evil games were just way too over the top stupid... Besides all that i still managed to have some fun with them.

Of the older re games Code veronica REmake were the best. REmake is the only one that managed to get me scared(Damn crimsons). Code veronica felt more playable than the rest of them so i quite liked that one.

From the classic era, Resident Evil 2. Two Campaigns, great story and great atomsphere.

From the modern era, Resident Evil 4. Great action but still retains a chilling atmosphere.

My views on each.

RE1: Silly, hammy horror fun. Good but overshadowed by better sequel.

RE2: I said why I liked it already. :P

RE3: Too short and besides it's ending, it made me feel "Who cares?"

RE:CV: Amazing soundtrack for an only decent game

RE0: Great atmosphere, clunky execution

RE4: Great much needed reboot

RE5: Great game, had issues. Felt very detached from it's roots and lacked RE4s great pacing.

RE:Revelations: Amazing graphics for a handheld, good atmosphere, muddled messy story

RE6: Wait an see.

(edited)

RE4 is no doubt the best game in the series, the gameplay is simply some of the best ever devised, so damn perfect(especially the Wii version, which despite being a last-gen port is the ultimate, definitive version of the game imo, and turned the already perfect 10 gameplay up to 11). I also really enjoyed REmake(the crimson heads and Lisa scared the $#!% out of me) and Darkside Chronicles. :)

Edited by SBB64

Resident Evil 3. I like the gunpowder mechanics, the dodge was a big improvement and Nemesis, while not scary in the make you jump manner, did add a sense of dread to the game. The first one is good but is a bit clunky for my liking and the second one while better, has plot holes within the game itself (Ada is still alive? Really?). I stopped following the RE series after Code Veronica because Capcom decided that Wesker just had to be alive still for Code Veronica despite being quite brutally impaled in the first Resident Evil. I should try RE 4 though, I've heard good things and after trying RE5, how bad could it be?

It would have to be the original game on the PSX. It's just the entire crudeness of the original game that really sets it apart, from the rest of the series that is.

All I need to say is "Mugnum Parts"

RE2 is probably my favorite....

RE2

RE4

RE1

RE5

RE3

Never played CVX or any of the others.