Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

Attention! There are about two hundred pictures throughout the thread, if you got the time, please check out some of the latter pages. Any critique/feedback is welcome.

Click here for the aforementioned dump of armoured ponies.

Here some of the highlights:

Twilight's hot new hat

My 40k ponies

Rainbow Khan

Slaaneshi Rarity

Earth Pony Knights

The fanciest helmet in the fandom (or your money back)

This is bat(pony) country

Ponified Guts

Falconer Pony

This is Nightmare Night...

So, since I've realized, that I haven't really done anything in this section of the boards except showing of my putty skills and criticizing others, I've decided it's time to give back to the community.

So, here's my OC
post-3492-0-82335000-1340209532_thumb.jpg

Quick bio: Wandering singer, lived about 300 years prior to the events of FiM, creator of such poetic wonders as The Bear and the Mare so fair and A Unicorn's horn has a knob on the end (first one to get both plagarisms references, gets a request)

I'll probably colour it with Photoshop later, once I'm done correcting.
Criticism most definitely welcome.

PS: Can anyone think of a musical pet?
I've settled on magpies, thank you all for your suggestions.

Update:
post-3492-0-54880200-1340664167_thumb.png

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 46

Your form is very good, and the pose is realistic and not muscle-contorting. However, it is VERY rough, and there are tons of stray lines and what not, which obscures the picture. I would highly suggest coloring it with photoshop, and cleaning it up. And it might jsut be me, but I think the horn is somewhat stubby and awkward, at least compared to the rest of the work. In general though, it is very good, and the hair and scarf in particular are well done.

As for a musical pet, I think that a bird would probably be best.

• Brohoof 1

^agreed with bird.

The rough lines are like my style, so I'm not gonna complain!

It looks really amazing; all of the proportions seem correct to me. (*gets jealous, just kidding)

Hope you actually draw more somethings!

• Brohoof 1

Nice drawing, as Whale said above me it's still a rough sketch so your next step will be to clean it up and colour it.

And for a pet a bird would make sense, as they're rather symbolic in that way.

And if you don't want a bird go for a squirrel.

• Brohoof 1

. However, it is VERY rough, and there are tons of stray lines and what not, which obscures the picture....

I usually just use the scan as a template to paint over, so stray lines are no problem (that and I'm lazy)

Good call on the horn though, needs looking into.

Bird is also nice, I used to think, a Phoenix, but now that Spike got one, I wanted something different. Maybe a magpie that collects money fromn bystanders...

Update:

Shortened the left hindleg a bit and fixed horn.

Vectoring is mostly done (still working on cutiemark and magpie)

tail needs fixing, but right now I'm too tired.

Can't exactly say why, but I don't really like the colours.

As always eager for criticism/suggesstions ect.

• Brohoof 5

Wow that's awesome what with the magic and the stitches in the hat and the harp and everything! :) And I think for a musical pet either a bird of a ferret just because ferrets are awesome :D

(edited)
...a ferret just because ferrets are awesome Posted Image

That is a valid point, however I've already drawn up a magpie. (more vectoring Posted Image)

Also I saw a pic somewhere on this board (can't remember where), of Spike and Rarity having pony-dragon hybrid/Kirin-ish daughter, so I decided to shamelessly copy the idea (I'll give credit as soon as I've found out the original artist).

post-3492-0-04806700-1340695657_thumb.jpg

Still needs name and cutiemark (her talent being gemcutting)

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 4

I usually just use the scan as a template to paint over, so stray lines are no problem (that and I'm lazy)

Good call on the horn though, needs looking into.

Bird is also nice, I used to think, a Phoenix, but now that Spike got one, I wanted something different. Maybe a magpie that collects money fromn bystanders...

Update:

Shortened the left hindleg a bit and fixed horn.

Vectoring is mostly done (still working on cutiemark and magpie)

tail needs fixing, but right now I'm too tired.

Can't exactly say why, but I don't really like the colours.

As always eager for criticism/suggesstions ect.

Finished product is freaking amazing. Needs some shadows and/or shading, but that's about it. The horn looks a lot better. Maybe make him look a little bit more unkempt to match the hat and the scarf.
  • Brohoof 1

Finally found a coloursheme I like for my little dragonspawn OC:

post-3492-0-38188000-1341526133_thumb.jpg

Changed her talent/cutiemark to glassblowing and did some tweaking on the "hooves".

Still can't think of a name though; first one to post one I like gets a request.

Idea for the doing a kirin-pony somewhat stolen from inspired by this: http://ive-moved-bit...et=144#/d4aub01,

but mostly by this:http://www.tomsmithonline.com/lyrics/dragons_lullaby.htm

• Brohoof 5

Next up a concept for grown up Spike for future works:

post-3492-0-79859200-1342079405_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts critism is wecome.

I would recommend using the dragon image that looks like it's crawling. That image really stands out the most.

And your edited pic in the first post, as it is colored, seems to be missing a cutie mark and the lyra.

• 1 month later...

So, since I've realised, that I haven't really done anything in this section of the boards except showing of my putty skills and criticizing others, I've decided it's time to give back to the community.

So, here's my OC

post-3492-0-82335000-1340209532_thumb.jpg

Quick bio: Wandering singer, lived about 300 years prior to the events of FiM, creator of such poetic wonders as The Bear and the Mare so fair and A Unicorn's horn has a knob on the end (first one to get both plagarisms references, gets a request)

Update:

The Bear and Mare (Bear and Maiden ?) sounds like something my friend who watches The Game of Thrones has mentioned once, though I do not know much more about it. Would have to google it. And the Wizard's staff has a knob on the end is every discworldian's must-know :D

Great drawing man. Looks really amazing.

Edited by Nouth
  • Brohoof 2