Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

but I find that I prefer thicker outlines for my art,
xD!  have you tried the woodless graphite pencils? theyre fragile, but nice for broad shading, and they sharpen up good with little waste. (i hate when you get a point and the lead falls out and you start over with a pile of shavings everywhere.. rawr xP  i miss the synthetic/recycled pencils Eagle used to make.  they had a very hard lead that barely left lines on the paper.  my guilty-go-to is a "my first Ticonderoga" its like a half inch in diameter wood pencil with lead to match lmao.

and hooray DISCWORLD!  id love to see your interpretation of Susan, from the Hogfather x33

also, his rosette (lols im reading 40k stuff again) badge lookd familiar, so i looked it up and although ive heard of the black company, i havent read.  but its on my list now xP

feedback hmm... youve come a long way, and your stuff is looking great, good crisp depictions. clear conveying of ideas...i think maybe shading.  your Soulcatcher's items look to be all made of the same materials.  light reflects differently off of linen, leather and metal--but you know that xP  so show it! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting the thread with some LotR inspired art:

post-3492-0-76302200-1410690219_thumb.jpg

Currently rewatching the extended edition borrowed from my brother. There might be more inthe coming...

light reflects differently off of linen, leather and metal--but you know that xP so show it!

I got started on the whole metal reflection thing once, but I'm afraid, most of it is gone by now. I'll have to get back on that in the near future...

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Going back into drawing, or more accurately: clawing my way back towards my skilllevel pre-break....

Anyway, an idea I had rattling around in my head for a while, is that there must be some ponies who actually hunt animals to provide food for canorous pets, so I drew a folconer pony:

post-3492-0-17348700-1412105681_thumb.jpg

While I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, it just felt really good to be drawing again.

I think, I'll try to keep up a ratio of one pic per day for the month of October.

And following up with a baker pony...

post-3492-0-84243200-1412184589_thumb.jpg

post-3492-0-17348700-1412105681_thumb.jpg

post-3492-0-84243200-1412184589_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I think, I'll try to keep up a ratio of one pic per day for the month of October.

*YOU CAN DO EEET!* :P

also..baker pony's pose is wonderful! and that falconer's outfit looks BOSS~yes i just had coffee thanks :) 

Ugh, really not feeling it lately. After trying to draw a pony blacksmith, an engineer and a puppeteer for about two hours and getting nowhereI gave up and just drew a human, specifically Megan from G1:

post-3492-0-18719900-1412713956_thumb.jpg

Again, the pose is way to rigid, but right now I'm too tied to care. I do like how the armour turned out for the most part (still need to give some thought to the exact shape of the breastplate though). I might try to draw her in some more poses tomorrow...

In better news, I was pleasantly suprised by Rainbow Rocks; some issues here and there, but far superior to the first movie IMO.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did yyou know that in Germany your boss can legally have you work for up to 13 days straight?

Limping my way towards a long weekend. I've done some oodling, but nothing I feel belongs on here, so 'ill just dump this one:post-3492-0-06408800-1414627482_thumb.jpg

In other news, I'm looking forward to getting my tablet back this friday.

• Brohoof 3

@@Silverwisp the Bard,Sorry I took too long. Anyways. http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mastema-ironheart-r7353 Here is his profile.

I guess i should have him without a Moikana or whatever it's called seeing as he is "Honorably Exiled" from his tribe. He is a medic/healer someone who specializes in Medicine, Alchemy and Herbalism. The picture in his profile represents the mark he has instead of a cutie mark. Now i am not sure about the eyes or the color exactly of the tribal marks. The marks should stop before the neck maybe "licking" his chin. He should have a caduceus pendant/necklace upon his neck. Maybe a mana-wyrm is around his neck?

Look i don't know if i'm asking much but you could still ask some questions about this or suggest a possible pallet of colors.

In case you're wondering what's a mana wyrm.
600px-ManaWyrmArt.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, I'm back.

For those who are wondering, 2014 has not been a great year for me and it ended with quite a bang.

But now that I am back on my feet (and once again in possesion of a reliable internet access) I do intent to keep up with the forums again.

Also, I finally got started on taking a proper drawing class (should be interesting).

Speaking of drawing, I've quite the backlog build up, so this thread will see regular updates for a while:

post-3492-0-25284900-1421859551_thumb.jpg

@@Silverwisp the Bard,

I rather like Sweetie Belle's pose in this one. Nice work all the way around!

Thanks.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...