Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

And Temudash,

post-3492-0-92387300-1368698623_thumb.jpg

Let's see you get that one, Sky.

... after I finish reading that book, I will work more on my Celestial Eclipse project.

Can't wait to nitpick img-1469889-1-smile.png

That is very very VERY awesome! It would be cool if you could draw pupils too just for the fun!

Unfortunately my niece fell in love with Alfred (though renamed him "Streicher") and carried off the pic. I'll draw a new one as soon as I find the time. What kind of pupils (slit, normal, Chrysalis-ish) and would you like anything else changed?

Uhmmmm... why?

Because Poland is easy to take over. I like the armor design and wanted to try it on on a pony (that's how most of my pics start.

ait. Does that mean you accept request? I thought this thread was only for showing your works.

I'll take that as a no, but you could've just messaged me and told me so, instead of ignoring me, but don't mind me if I sound like a jerk, I'm sure you had your reasons, but anyway, sorry for bothering you.

I don't really take requests as such. If I like a concept/OC, I'll sometimes offer to draw it. And sorry for not responding, but RL has been busy and I don't like posting in this thread without actually posting art. You can check out some of my "Be creative, win a request" threads or the Massive Art Swap thread in Creative Resources

Speaking of art, here we have an Equestrian hoplite:

post-3492-0-27317400-1368698374_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I suck at shield designs.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 5

And Temudash,
post-10241-0-50741200-1362570375.jpg

Isn't this one too obvious? Oh, wait a second. Kinda confusing actually. Not Mongolian. Not Korean scale armour. Not Manchurian. Not Tibetan. Not Indian. Not Thai. Not Qing or Shang dynasty. If you're referring to Japanese, the helmet isn't right that, but I'm sure it isn't.

What the buck is this one, Silverwisp? Is that a barding?

I don't really take requests as such. If I like a concept/OC, I'll sometimes offer to draw it.

Heh. How about drawing Asnee riding a horse, while aiming his bow backwards like a Mongolian Mangudai? That will be interesting. A pony that rides horse. So badass. :lol:

Yeah, I suck at shield designs.

But why in the name of Celestia did you draw one with love? :lol:

I like the one with medusa head by the way. Snake Pony. Wait, Kaynah. D:

Can't wait to nitpick smile.png

Northern Equestria Empire and Southern Equestria Empire. I assume that the founding is near the Early Roman Era, so I'm thinking to make it at its peak. I think the Discord era is the dark age, and the era of Two Princesses is the Renaissance. Then it's only the Late Roman era which left.

(edited)

Isn't this one too obvious? Oh, wait a second. Kinda confusing actually. Not Mongolian. Not Korean scale armour. Not Manchurian. Not Tibetan. Not Indian. Not Thai. Not Qing or Shang dynasty. If you're referring to Japanese, the helmet isn't right that, but I'm sure it isn't.

What the buck is this one, Silverwisp? Is that a barding?

How should I know, my technical knowledge about armor consists of "that picture I saved from /tg/ " derpy_emoticon2.png

I meant to say "Do you get the lame name-reference?"

(edited)

How should I know, my technical knowledge about armor consists of "that picture I saved from /tg/ " img-1469924-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

I meant to say "Do you get the lame name-reference?"

Yes I do, but Mongolian armour isn't like that. Temudjin right? Genghis Khan? Do I get it wrong?

By the way, did you take my request in that "Be Insane Creative Get a Prize" (is that's the tittle, I forget)?

P.S. And my knowledge about historical armour comes from "that armour those people use in that movie." :muffins:

Edited by Sky Warden

Yeah, sorry about that last post, I've had a rough week and I seriously thought you were just ignoring me, but I'm good now, and that's ok if you don't want to draw it, it is your choice after all, but anyways, i really like your character silverwisp, I think his backstory is very unique and creative, and I was wondering if you would be interested in using him in my new rp, "bloodbath on the red x" sorry if the name throws you off, it was the only uniqe title I could come up with, but I think silverwisp eould fit perfectly as my oc's last crewmember, witch just so hapoens to be the "musician" job, but if you don't want to that's fine, I just thought I would ask and make sure, but anyways, thank you for your consideration. /)

Temudjin right? Genghis Khan? Do I get it wrong?

By the way, did you take my request in that "Be Insane Creative Get a Prize" (is that's the tittle, I forget)?

Yes and yes, as soon as I find the time img-1485511-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

You sir are amazing. I went through your thread, and can honestly say there is nothing of yours I DON'T like!

I need your art...

I need it beside me... img-1470399-1-laugh.png

I assume you and Sky will have to make an arrangement about the dress pics...img-1485511-3-blink.png

I was wondering if you would be interested in using him in my new rp,..

Feel free to crop the bard out of the D&D pic, but I'd rather not have Silverwisp used in other people's RP.

Anyway continuing with the arts, here we got some Ponies-At-Arms.

post-3492-0-03071200-1369155098_thumb.jpg

And some Sagittari (pegasus archers)

post-3492-0-40006300-1369155125_thumb.jpg

post-3492-0-76572900-1426175974.jpg

• Brohoof 6

(edited)
And some Sagittari (pegasus archers)
post-10241-0-50285000-1357896454.jpg

Dafuq is that standing pose? Oh my, I can't stop lol-ing. laugh.png

Let me guess. Greek? I forget the name. That language is pretty hard to remember.

By the way, I like the equipment design. I use the same hooves equipment for Earth Pony archers in Celestial Eclipse, but most archers (pegasi) use cross-hoof-bow.

Anyway continuing with the arts, here we got some Ponies-At-Arms.

Dis luv I.

I assume you and Sky will have to make an arrangement about the dress pics...blink.png
post-10241-0-71460200-1368200986.gif

Wait, what? What do I have to arrange? What dress?

Yes and yes, as soon as I find the time derpy_emoticon2.png

So I got it wrong? I thought it was Temudjin. sad.png

Want to clarify something. I said something about dirty look right (because I also love to live dangerously)? Who will do the dirty look? If it's Asnee, can you make him drunk so it won't be out of character? If both of them... well... up to you. :3

Edited by Sky Warden

Wonderbolts, Wonderbolts everywhere.

post-3492-0-87404800-1369243548_thumb.jpg

This concludes the pegasus troop component of my military project (coming up is a Commander and possibly some sort of champion/palantine).

Dafuq is that standing pose? Oh my, I can't stop lol-ing. laugh.png Let me guess. Greek? I forget the name. That language is pretty hard to remember. By the way, I like the equipment design. I use the same hooves equipment for Earth Pony archers in Celestial Eclipse, but most archers (pegasi) use cross-hoof-bow.

It's supposed to be a flying pose, seeing as they are pegasi and all.

I took the name from the zodiac, so I guess its Latin (there's lots of overlay).

How do you plan to have your ponies reload their crossbows?

So I got it wrong? I thought it was Temudjin. sad.png
It was, I guess I phrased my reply poorly.

Want to clarify something. I said something about dirty look right (because I also love to live dangerously)? Who will do the dirty look? If it's Asnee, can you make him drunk so it won't be out of character? If both of them... well... up to you. :3
It's your request, choose whatever you want. The "dirty look"stuff is just tro clarify that I don't do nsfw yet.

• Brohoof 3

This concludes the pegasus troop component of my military project (coming up is a Commander and possibly some sort of champion/palantine).

What is their weapon? Don't say it's a wing blade. You can't fly with a freaking metal tied on your wings. :lol:

Maybe you can give them a short double-ended spear which they grab with their mouth, or maybe a hoof cross-bow~ :wub:

It's supposed to be a flying pose, seeing as they are pegasi and all. I took the name from the zodiac, so I guess its Latin (there's lots of overlay).

LOL. Still looks rather weird to me, especially to see how the legs... stand? It looks... feminine. :lol:

Yes. I'm aware of the zodiac-ish name. I was trying to remember what Greek archer unit was called. I like the bow by bhe bay.

How do you plan to have your ponies reload their crossbows?

Uhm... with their another hoof? You know... hoof is stronger than hand, so I think they can reload it with just one hoof. :3

It was, I guess I phrased my reply poorly.

No. It's just me being a troll and such. :P

It's your request, choose whatever you want. The "dirty look"stuff is just tro clarify that I don't do nsfw yet.

When will you do?

Hmm... I don't know. You mind if I include Joan in the request? I really like the last picture you gave me. Hilarious and sweet at the same time. That's why I let you choose the pose. It must be as great. :3

Hmm, I don't believe I've posted this one around here yet.

post-3492-0-41858900-1366047322_thumb.jpg

What is their weapon? Don't say it's a wing blade. You can't fly with a freaking metal tied on your wings. laugh.png Maybe you can give them a short double-ended spear which they grab with their mouth, or maybe a hoof cross-bow~

What's it with you and doubleheaded spears?

I thought about giving them swords, but I imagine their main weapon would be the airslashing they used on Spike. That thing would be devastating if used on anything squishier than a dragon (which would be most things I imagine). That and shockwaves resulting from sonic booms, tossing tornadoes at people ect.

That's why I let you choose the pose.

Its your funeral then.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Its your funeral then.

img-1499258-1-poker_face_kindledx.png

This is the first time I can't laugh at something.

I thought about giving them swords, but I imagine their main weapon would be the airslashing they used on Spike. That thing would be devastating if used on anything squishier than a dragon (which would be most things I imagine). That and shockwaves resulting from sonic booms, tossing tornadoes at people ect.

That's what I meant with doubleheader spear. Specifically, the blades are broad. Like Guan Dao. Putting it on wings will be ridiculous after all.

How else can a pony hold weapon? Using hooves is impossible.

Something like this, I suppose:

15004_200_.jpg

Edited by Sky Warden

And this boys and girls is why you should always sit upright while drawing, so the perspective and proportions don't go to hell:

post-3492-0-77411500-1369595208_thumb.jpg

Still,  I kinda like how the magpies turned out, so I suppose its not a complete loss...

Something like this, I suppose:

Wouldn't that snap the pony's neck upon impacting with anything substantial?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You draw great artworks, @Silverwisp the Bard! I wish I draw and finalise something out of what I can draw! Anyway you sell your artworks in MLPforums and eBay and somewhere else too?

bender-futurama-laughing-oh-wait-youre-s

Nah, I feel I'm not quite good enough to demand money for my stuff just yet. And its only "Silverwisp" or simply "Wisp" to my friends ;)

Unfortunately my niece fell in love with Alfred (though renamed him "Streicher") and carried off the pic. I'll draw a new one as soon as I find the time. What kind of pupils (slit, normal, Chrysalis-ish) and would you like anything else changed?

125492-43279-drizzt-do-urden.jpg 
Eyes should be somewhat like this. As well as the skin color similar! Hair brown-ish black kind of like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0XD3URO_B88/UFlDikUkzXI/AAAAAAAAA1w/HCjDZ5-MD2o/s1600/selena-gomez-dark-brown-hair.jpg

. Make him a two-wielding style ranger with the bow on the back.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't that snap the pony's neck upon impacting with anything substantial?

That's for slashing or cutting, not chopping. That kind of skirmishers. I also think that pony's neck is stronger than the wings, and putting metal on the wings will greatly reduce speed right?

Like I said, the perfect weapon for pegasi is... HOOF CROSS-BOW! :D

And here we got the Commander, basically Hurricanes armor with a spiffier helmet.

post-3492-0-28795500-1369677732_thumb.jpg

Still wneed a name for the champion though, anyone got a good idea?

@@Silverwisp the Bard, I know, but to @Mention a username requires me to use the entire long string of alphanumeric combination of characters (wait, this is MADNESS, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! redundant) to enable me @Mentioning usernames in the forum.

Ah, got it, though its not really necessary here, I check fairly often, cuz I'm vainlaugh.png .

. Make him a two-wielding style ranger with the bow on the back.

You better not be thinking scimitars, myboy, or this could go south really fasthuh.png., I got a Bag of Holding's worth of rage reserved for a certain character...

I'll get on it shortly, though bow on the back does not work well with pony anatomy, so I'll keep it on the side. Same goes for dual wielding, so you'll have to content with a standing/walk.ing pose.

That's for slashing or cutting, not chopping. That kind of skirmishers. I also think that pony's neck is stronger than the wings, and putting metal on the wings will greatly reduce speed right?

Agreed on the silliness of wing blades, but considering the speed that Wonderbolts reach, I'd rather not have them hold weapons that actually impact.

Also, how exactly would a pony trigger a single hoof crossbow?ohmy.png  Doesn't seem very accurate to me.

• Brohoof 4

You better not be thinking scimitars, myboy, or this could go south really fast., I got a Bag of Holding's worth of rage reserved for a certain character...   I'll get on it shortly, though bow on the back does not work well with pony anatomy, so I'll keep it on the side. Same goes for dual wielding, so you'll have to content with a standing/walk.ing pose.
Scimitars? What? No! Ofc not! Longswords! And anytime you wish! Its not like i am in a hurry or something. Its just for fun! Btw what exactly happened with the changeling before i didnt understand! 

Agreed on the silliness of wing blades, but considering the speed that Wonderbolts reach, I'd rather not have them hold weapons that actually impact.
post-10241-0-07469400-1358082334.jpg

Then go get a double-edged spear with scimitar blade edge. We all know that scimitar is for slashing not cutting, and it's terrible for blunt trauma (which means not impacting).

Also, how exactly would a pony trigger a single hoof crossbow?ohmy.png Doesn't seem very accurate to me.

The bow is tied on their right hoof, like a watch. They don't grab them. Tada~

Simple. Aim, and shoot it with the left hoof. I'm a bucking weapon designer. Buck yeah! >:3

Still wneed a name for the champion though, anyone got a good idea?

Centurihoof. Stallionaries. Equites. For the rest, pay me first. :3

post-3492-0-51828000-1369937950_thumb.jpg

Okay, more 30k stuff, can't say I like the way the cloak turned out, but I do like the face, gotta do more heavy set ponies. Also my coloured pencil skillz are severely lacking as of late.

I'm a bucking weapon designer. Buck yeah! >:3

Sure you are.

Scimitars? What? No! Ofc not! Longswords! And anytime you wish! Its not like i am in a hurry or something. Its just for fun! Btw what exactly happened with the changeling before i didnt understand! 

My niece, who's awesome, saw the picture, liked it and carried it off, I assume to colour it in.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, more 30k stuff, can't say I like the way the cloak turned out, but I do like the face, gotta do more heavy set ponies. Also my coloured pencil skillz are severely lacking as of late.

One eyed? :/

Love the peacock cloack by the way. Nice colouring. All of those colours look wonderful.

Oh! Draw a TAU pony! That will be awesome as buck! :D