Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

(edited)

And a Chiropteran Praetorian.

post-3492-0-75044400-1375013859_thumb.jpg

And while we're on the subject,@@AnonyPoni, do you have any preference on what to put on the Chiropteran flag?

Why not try drawing one with a flail and/or a morning star?

Well, to use a morning star effectively, any non-unicorn would have to hold it in his mouth and swing it horizontally, meaning they'd most likely hit the pony standing next to them. ..

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 4

Well, to use a morning star effectively, any non-unicorn would have to hold it in his mouth and swing it horizontally, meaning they'd most likely hit the pony standing next to them. ..
http://joey-darkmeat.deviantart.com/art/an-honest-question-385510737
Those using them dont have to nessecarily be in a regular army. Also... not all morning stars and flails have a chain. Also one more thing. How about drawing them with Katanas? Or longswords? Or musketeer swords? 
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mo' mages, mo' problems...

post-3492-0-29356600-1373911532_thumb.jpg

Also... not all morning stars and flails have a chain.

Actually, they do, otherwise its club or a mace.

I don't think I'll do ponies with bludgeoning weapons though, seems too brutal to me, more appropriate for diamond dogs.

Also a rather funny comic, but not too sure how it relates to ponies fighting.

I might do some samurai an ponies down the road..

• Brohoof 4

Also a rather funny comic, but not too sure how it relates to ponies fighting. I might do some samurai an ponies down the road..
Hmmm so no bludgeoning weapons huh? How  tumblr_m9uatsqsXi1rr2777o1_500.jpg 
Kind of like this lets say... also this is a dog but it could be a pony.
I was thinking you could look at exotic weapons and see what could fit... maybe something like this?Darkelf3.jpg
Or perhaps more ranged weapons like slings?
  • Brohoof 2

How about drawing them with Katanas?

Since Equestria seems adapting European cultures, I don't think Katana is a good idea.

Honestly, I don't feel like ponies fit to use any kind of swords. Human swords, of course. Unless you design the hilt to match their legs, it will always be awkward.

You know, slings sound like a better weapon to give to ponies than bows.

While having weaponry in Equestria sounds cool, I think it portrays violence than chillness to be fit into a storyline, right?

Unless you're into action-packed no-PG-rated story, then you could throw in some lances, arbalests, spears, etc.?

attachicon.gifPraetorian.JPG

And while we're on the subject,@@AnonyPoni, do you have any preference on what to put on the Chiropteran flag?

attachicon.gifPraetorian.JPG

Very nice Guard. I didn't normally think they had that much armor, but still looks cool.

And I don't have any thoughts on the flag. Go ahead and do what you want with it XD

(sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm jet lagged...)

I think it portrays violence than chillness to be fit into a storyline, right?

There's an interesting theme called grimdark in fiction writing, or role play. The whole weapon thingy can create a nice grimdark atmosphere everypony can enjoy. It's not about violence. It's about making atmosphere.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And some Everfree Ponies.

post-3492-0-96257600-1375013785_thumb.jpg

...Or perhaps more ranged weapons like slings?

Oh, I'm gonna use that. Been meaning to redo the earth pony militia anyway.

Since Equestria seems adapting European cultures, I don't think Katana is a good idea.

That and I feel that katana are already somewhat overpresent in popular culture.

While having weaponry in Equestria sounds cool, I think it portrays violence than chillness to be fit into a storyline, right?

I am aware that I'm somewhat stretching it, but weaponry and conflict do exist in Equestria and at least the pegasi seem to have had a pretty martial culture.
I think its fair to assume that at some point, before Celestia and Luna, there has been an Equestrian army.

Very nice Guard. I didn't normally think they had that much armor, but still looks cool.

And I don't have any thoughts on the flag. Go ahead and do what you want with it XD

(sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm jet lagged...)

The normal troopers will have something closer to Luna's guards's armor.

• Brohoof 4

post-3492-0-50817800-1374772112_thumb.jpg

Guess they might be hard to draw huh?

Well, I drew Zecora as part of my Space Marerine project; its really just a case of applying stripes to a pony.

Problem would be variety, as I guess that all zebras would have a crested mane.

• Brohoof 3

@@AnonyPoni,

Hmm, here's a first draft, the erspective is garbage, but you get the idea. Let me know what you think.

attachicon.gifSCAN0392.jpg

PS: Sooo, can I join TGK or what?

Question... can you make a flag for the changelings? Or have you already made one? If you eventually make a crest/flag that perhaps could be featured on clothes that would be awesome. 

@@AnonyPoni,

Hmm, here's a first draft, the erspective is garbage, but you get the idea. Let me know what you think.

attachicon.gifSCAN0392.jpg

PS: Sooo, can I join TGK or what?

Very nice, And I already let you in the RP :P I was actually wondering if you were going to post or not.... If you have an idea and are not totally sure of it, just run it by me or the OOC.

(edited)

Dumping stuff I drew for another site:
post-3492-0-17399600-1375733759_thumb.jpg

Question... can you make a flag for the changelings?

Well, I kinda doubt the changelings would have much use of for a flag, seeing as their typical method of attack seems to be to infiltrate the enemy, then overwhelm them with a surprise attack...
Anyway a crest for changelings to recognize each other sounds pretty sweet, all secret society like and whatnot. Another though I had would be pearl earrings (Chryssy wears pearls on her crown, so changelings presumably use them for jewelry.) What kind of clothing are we talking about?

Anyway, here's about the best I could come up with:

post-3492-0-92631400-1375733826_thumb.jpg

Anyone who can guess where I stole borrowed inspiration for for the top design, gets a request

• Brohoof 2

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:59 PM @AnonyPoni, Hmm, here's a first draft, the erspective is garbage, but you get the idea. Let me know what you think.

One doesn't simply combine Roman and Mordor.

What's the eye for?

What kind of clothing are we talking about?

I believe there's a reasonable reference to real world for military changeling we can find, like Griffon as the Nordic people. Have you heard about the dead eaters? I remember them mentioned in a book, eating passing people during the crusade, north of Italy. I forget what's the name of the tribe, or, no, they weren't a kingdom. Most of the clothes were made of hides (usually bear). You know, imagine those outlaws who live in mountains.

I think they represent changeling pretty well. I mean, eating an important part of men, and disguising as an animal (because their outfits and such).

Never mind.

Anyway, here's about the best I could come up with:

The best, in my opinion, is the one with teeth and love sign. Devouring love, that's good, but I don't see the reason of that complicated thing next to it. The teeth itself is already good for a banner. You can make their helmets based on that banner. Imagine the heart as the head.

My suggestion is not to use pink for the heart. That will make them losing their badass-ness.

Anyone who can guess where I stole borrowed inspiration for for the top design, gets a request

I think I know that sign. That looks familiar. Is it from a game that has something to do with dragons? I don't think it's The Eye of the Dragons. No. Uh... Dragon Age? XD

What's the eye for?

Chiroptera is essentially Rome, with batponies. I took the eyedesign from the armor of the Night guard. The chains symbolize that they recently kicked their last king out.

Dragon Age? XD

Close, but no cigar.

Also, what's the cutiemark for your new OC?

• Brohoof 1

220px-Razer_Snake_Logo.svg.png 
I am taking a wild guess that this is where it comes from.... the "Razer_Snake_Logo" for the Naga mouse. Also i really liked that design with the pearl in the middle but not the "Heart-eaters" so much... they appeared too grimdark. It needs to be more subtle if you ask me. But then thats just my opinion.

Wow those are good, what am I kidding...

Those are great!

9.5/10

Keep up the wonderful work, you truly are good with art.

I can't draw too good I guess, it's more of a 'if I have time to' kinda thing.

Like in school, there, I have the time to draw, especially in class and all over my HW and notes.

Chiroptera is essentially Rome, with batponies. I took the eyedesign from the armor of the Night guard. The chains symbolize that they recently kicked their last king out.

Well, changelings don't look like Roman at all. The best adaptation I can come with is either the Hun (because horde), and those dead eaters.

Close, but no cigar.

Damn it. I know I've seen that symbol before. But it's indeed related to dragons right? 

Also, what's the cutiemark for your new OC?

Best reference of his Cutie Mark yet.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/68740-dasheys-forum-anniversary-project-need-more-ocs-now-with-rewards/?p=1713891 

Edited by Sky Warden

Gaah, that symbol looks so freaking familiar. I feel like I should know where it's from, but I can't seem to remember where it's from.

Well, changelings don't look like Roman at all. The best adaptation I can come with is either the Hun (because horde), and those dead eaters.

Not Changelings, these guys:

bat-stallions-640.jpg

Edited by Bifrost
  • Brohoof 2

you draw pretty cool. i want a camera like yours  :muffins:  i draw fine i guess. i never showed anyone else except my famiry. my camera sucks badly, because when i take pictures of my drawings the only thing that comes out is the color and the outline goes bigger and then disappears. :(  ive made drawings of pinkie pie, twilight sparkle as a princess, rarity in her boutique, apple jack and her siblings, and my initials with the things i like where pinkie is on the m with aztec clothing and she looks so cute. they are all separately done on a huge peice of paper - i did all of these drawings for an art project at my school -. the only thing i can do for people on the internet is do it digitaly . but your drawing is pretty awesome bro.   B)

Edited by SugarSwirl

(edited)

I spend the whole day listening to filk. Probably a mistake.

post-3492-0-98617700-1375818973_thumb.jpg

Also i really liked that design with the pearl in the middle but not the "Heart-eaters" so much... they appeared too grimdark. It needs to be more subtle if you ask me. But then thats just my opinion.

I agree the Hearteater is a bit too much of a giveaway. I find myself intrigued however, do you have any existing headcannon for changeling culture/aesthetics?

And no, the symbol isn't a brand symbol. Its actually from my all-time favourite console game.

But it's indeed related to dragons right?

Nope, just video games.

I can't draw too good I guess, it's more of a 'if I have time to' kinda thing. Like in school, there, I have the time to draw, especially in class and all over my HW and notes.

That's how I learned to draw :lol: . If you got any art up here, let me know and I'll take a look.

@, Good grief, are you trying to give me a heart attack? :blink:

post-3492-0-98617700-1375818973_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1