Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

Aaaaaaand I'm back.

RL hasn't be so super lately, but at least I managed to find time in my schedule for ponies again.

Anyway, on a happier note, I finally managed a pic of pyromancer pony that I like:

attachicon.gifpyromancer.JPG

Yep, I imagine that; apart from the queens; the command structure is decentralized to the point that taking out a specific changeling does absolutely zip.

BTW I'm finishing up the changeling mage; do you want her with pupils or solid, one-coloured eyes?

Make a Chandra Nalaar pony! A pony like this, only with a saner expression, a suit of armor instead of robes, and a pair of goggles.

dumping pics, dumping pics

Oh, I do still think of them as individuals, only that they are almost indistinguishable on the outside (with the possible exception of hole patterns in the legs, which only other changelings would be able to "read").

biggrin.png

It's the magos-pony pic that I've been looking for! YES THANK YOU MUY MUY I LUV YOU biggrin.png

Err... anyways... do you mind if I use this for my profile pic?

Edited by Thunder Knight

Dump de doo

post-3492-0-13385300-1379327740_thumb.jpg

Err... anyways... do you mind if I use this for my profile pic?

Not at all,  knock yourself out.

Make a Chandra Nalaar pony! A pony like this, only with a saner expression, a suit of armor instead of robes, and a pair of goggles.

It actually startedout as a Chandra pic laugh.png .

I might attempt another (still gotta figure out a good way to draw chainmail though)

• Brohoof 1

It actually startedout as a Chandra pic laugh.png .

I might attempt another (still gotta figure out a good way to draw chainmail though)

Make lots of curved lines that follows the curves and body design of the pony/whatever your drawing with chainmail, then make small 'c' lines connecting the two lines, alternating directions. I would show you an example from my work, but I cannot seem to find anyway to get it onto my computer, let alone upload it.

And nice pic btw. Spike is best barbarian king. Though Rarity's pose... seems... shady, to say the least. Reminds me of how Fleur de Lis was acting in Sweet and Elite.

Edited by Thunder Knight

Fixed the legs on an earlier pic:

post-3492-0-46531100-1379940935_thumb.jpg

And nice pic btw. Spike is best barbarian king. Though Rarity's pose... seems... shady, to say the least. Reminds me of how Fleur de Lis was acting in Sweet and Elite.

I have a weakness for the old, Frazetta-style paintings; they're just so unapologetically cheesyimg-1870037-1-laugh.png

I will give your chainmail method a try.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 2

And here we got an earth pony leader (thinking "marshall as a rank).

post-3492-0-01869200-1380034409_thumb.jpg

Tried the method @  suggested, but it looked a bit too detailed compared to the res of the pony, so I stuck with the trusted wiggly lines. The feathers will be attached via Photoshop.

• Brohoof 2

post-3492-0-51902800-1380036085_thumb.jpg

It means he's taken down either a dragon, a Steven Magnet, or about a hundred salamanders. biggrin.png

I don't think any pony (with the possible exception of  a Wonderbolt) could even scratch a dragon.

I see what you mean about he look, but until I find something that works better, I'll stick with it.

• Brohoof 3

post-3492-0-12526900-1378507623_thumb.jpg

If I recall correctly, you've never drawn nomad ponies with light armour. Furs always look good on armour. Curved composite bows, arrow quivers, sabres.

Hmmm, I do like drawing sweet fur hats.; do you have a specific age historical template in mind?
Bows would mean pegasi, otherwise they be forced to stop for firing, which doesn't really fit the theme.
Also, what would they herd (sseing as they are horses themselvees) Shhep? goats?

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, I do like drawing sweet fur hats.; do you have a specific age historical template in mind? Bows would mean pegasi, otherwise they be forced to stop for firing, which doesn't really fit the theme. Also, what would they herd (sseing as they are horses themselvees) Shhep? goats?

Just the armour. We all know that ponies aren't supposed to hold weapons for human, like bows. Yet, you did manage to use unicorn for it.

Make them ride real horses, geez.

By the way, Mongolians herded sheep.

Some light armours:

the_mongol_by_kurama_fox-d55x1kd.jpg

mongol_by_natamur-d3hl7ej.jpg 

Fur hat varieties:

Mongol_Bowman___and_knotwork.jpg

Heavy_mongol_archer_by_sabiss.jpg

mongol_muslim_Mongolia_by_ademmm.jpg

Mongol_by_Aranthulas.jpg

Should be enough.

And here we got a reworked pony at arms:

post-3492-0-21881200-1380218934_thumb.jpg

Just the armour. We all know that ponies aren't supposed to hold weapons for human, like bows. Yet, you did manage to use unicorn for it.

I don't know: mongols without bows seems strange...

Make them ride real horses, geez.

There you go again, requesting smut....

I do love the hats though and the eagle...

• Brohoof 1

I don't know: mongols without bows seems strange...

Just make it sheathed. No one will question it. The armour is what important, after all.

There you go again, requesting smut....   I do love the hats though and the eagle...

:v

Or you can make something like my OC. He has fur as well. :3 (shameless hidden request)

@@Silverwisp the Bard, I like the falcon. Reminds me of that Hun chieftain from Mulan. Forget his name of the top of his head. Although he has a hat and doesn't have the evil-looking eyes.

But mostly I'm working on a second PMV that I hope will get done around mid-October:

A PMV? Link me to it when done please.

And whats that in the spoiler? *spoils the spoiler*

What does everyone have against puppies?

(edited)

@Silverwisp the Bard, I like the falcon. Reminds me of that Hun chieftain from Mulan. Forget his name of the top of his head. Although he has a hat and doesn't have the evil-looking eyes.

post-3492-0-85803300-1380648323_thumb.png

Huh, never caught that eye thing as a kid (i noticed they were yellow but not that the rest was black)...

As for the puppies, all will be revealed in time.happy.png

You can check out my first PMV here to get an idea of what to expect, if you don't mind the not-that-great artstyle that is.

• Brohoof 3

attachicon.gifshanyu.png

Huh, never caught that eye thing as a kid (i noticed they were yellow but not that the rest was black)...

As for the puppies, all will be revealed in time.img-1895288-1-happy.png

You can check out my first PMV here to get an idea of what to expect, if you don't mind the not-that-great artstyle that is.

Shan Yu... yeah, that's it.

But I want to know NOW why nopony likes the puppies? I mean, without puppies, Winona wouldn't exist! And everyone knows that Winona is the best dog in Ponyville. Not to mention the only dog.

post-3492-0-25759600-1380638210_thumb.jpg
One of my Ocs in show accurate style...

As for the PMV... you should have told me. I am a huge fan of Queen Chrysalis and the changelings.

I'm a very modest guy.

I posted a link somewhere around this thread I think. Its been a while.

Did you like it?

• Brohoof 4

@Silverwisp the Bard, I like the falcon. Reminds me of that Hun chieftain from Mulan. Forget his name of the top of his head. Although he has a hat and doesn't have the evil-looking eyes.

Disney failed. It wasn't the Hun. It was the Mongols. 

Its update time, its update time... Tried myself on the a mongol pony:

Looks good. See? My idea is always great. Now draw my OC. >:3 

But mostly I'm working on a second PMV that I hope will get done around mid-October:

What's the genre for this one? 

A group of my friends are doing a private RP and at some point we plan to go to the North and of course our OCs have to wear warm clothes, but I dont have a clue on clothing fashion, but after seeing your work I know where to go in regards to drawing up scenes for us hehe. I LOVE your work man!

I just remembered that it has been a while since the last time I raided your gallery. Now, enjoy your brohoof spam.

By the way, I've never told you my idea of weapons which fit pony anatomy, right? I think I can draw some illustrations about it. May I post it when I'm done?

(edited)

First full-body pic of  Queen Mab (also a genereic changeling queen):

post-3492-0-29142600-1380836053_thumb.jpg

Disney failed. It wasn't the Hun. It was the Mongols.

To be fair, to most people one screaming hoard of furclad, bow waving maniacs on small horses looks pretty much like the other...

Plus, you ccan't really make a good rhyme with "Mongols".

I think I can draw some illustrations about it. May I post it when I'm done?

Sure thing, I'm running low on ideas as it is.

but after seeing your work I know where to go in regards to drawing up scenes for us hehe. I LOVE your work man

post-3492-0-33876900-1380835487.gif

Th- thanks

• Brohoof 3

I always forget to check back in on this thread, I'm terrible. ^__^;

But I really like your art. I find the fact that you do a lot of it in solely non-colour awesome, I find it very...I don't really know how to explain it. I just really like the appeal of more sketch-like work.

Keep it up, I'll remember to bookmark this this time. ^~^