Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Magical Girl Thread

Captain Marvelous

Ahh, I remember the Sailor Moon anime for one raisin and one raisin only. :P

(Transformation scenes anyone?)

Can't say I really have one though, unless you want to count Power Puff Girls? xP

Ahh, I remember the Sailor Moon anime for one raisin and one raisin only. :P

(Transformation scenes anyone?)

Can't say I really have one though, unless you want to count Power Puff Girls? xP

I was thinking PPG, but I was unsure if they counted...I don't see them as "Magical" maybe awesome, but not magical. ;)

For the Sailor Moon comment...I think I liked Sailor Mars....if I remember correctly. I didn't like Venus.

Edited by Hayze

Basically anything that has girl and magic is a magical girl

Sailormoon

Tokyo Mew Mew

Card Captor Sakura (TomoyoXSakura YAY!)

Precure

and etc

OH!! Well then I say Card Captor Sakura! I loved that show as a child!

So much better than Sailor Moon imo.

You sure MLP:FiM doesn't count here?

Either way... um...

Wow, the only thing I can think of that I've watched that comes close is Claymore, and I don't think that counts. (aside from saying PPG and Sailor Moon.)

hahah. Mew-Mew...

When I was younger, me and my friends would pretend to be the characters. I was always the purple wolf girl.

Obviously, I was cool.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I named one of my cats after Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Edited by D1SC0RD

Nopony mentioned my all time favorite Magical Girl show. "Saint Tail"

Saint tail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZppUBAPT9w

Let's not forget a new favorite. "Kore wa Zombie desu ka"

It's about a Necromancer, a Magical Girl, and a Vampire Ninja all living together with a guy who's a zombie. He gets mixed up with the magical girl in the first episode,and ends up getting her powers. When HE transforms, HE ends up wearing her cute little Magical girl outfit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJQpAsfrYc

Always been a fan of Sailor Moon but haven't watched it in forever, Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power) is another favorite too.

And if you want to count it I always had a soft spot for Magic Knight Rayearth. It kind of stretches what a Magical Girl should be but I believe it fits in here.

Speaking of Tokyo Mew Mew, I remember watching the anime only a few times but I've read the entire manga and all of it's half-sequel where the leader is no longer Zoe/Ichigo but is that cat/bunny hybrid girl.

Of course, no one can beat the true magical girl:

Posted Image

I mostly say it cuz I'm a fan of Sasami, I haven't seen the actual Magical Girl Sasami anime...yet. xD

Though I've had a taste of it through the Tenchi Muyo manga that takes place after the anime. There's a lot of Tenchi stuff, it's hard to find them all.

• 3 years later...

Obviously, Sailor  Moon of course! :D

But I also like:

Cardcaptor Sakura

Ojamajo Doremi

Madoka Magica

Sasami's Magical Girl's Club(been a while since I've seen this one)

and here's a new one you probably don't know of: "Yuki Yuna wa yuusha de aru" or "Yuki Yuna Is A Hero!" as it's known in English.

Yuki_Yuna_wa_Yusha_de_Aru_Promotional_Po

I recently finished watching this series and it's pretty good. It's about a group of girls who start a hero club and of course they later become magical girls!  Also, there is a character in the show that in a wheelchair, but she CAN STILL KICK SOME EPIC BUTT AS A MAGICAL GIRL, WHICH I think is awesome! But yeah this show is really interesting, I'd recommend to watch this one if you're interested :)

Edited by LazuriteDreams*