Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Samurai Pizza Cats (The True Origin of The Abridged Series)

SBaby

Samurai Pizza Cats is an Anime dub cartoon that came out in the early 90s, right around the time of Power Rangers, and licensed by the same company, Saban. What makes this show unique, is the fact that the dub was pretty much made up on the spot, due to the company never getting the transcripts of the original episodes. What this basically means, is that this is essentially an Abridged Series, unbroken, shown on network television in the 90s. And it's freaking ingenious, using jokes that shows would NEVER get away with nowadays.

I've been and still AM a huge fan of this show. But surprisingly, not many people know of its existence. So here's a clip from the first episode, just to show you a bit of what this show is like. Be warned, your brain might hurt.

If you want to see more, you can see about half the series currently if you search. I won't post the link here, but you can probably find it if you search enough.

Edited by SBaby

I REMEMBER THIS SHOW I REMEMBER WATCHING IT A FEW TIMES WHEN I WAS A KID AND NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS AND IT'S BEEN BUGGING ME FOR YEARS I LOVE YOU NOW I KNOW WHAT IT IS OH GOD YES

Ahem. Seriously, I watched a few episodes in a hotel when I was young and never found out what the show was called. It's seriously been bugging me for about 12 years. Every once in awhile, I'd get nostalgic and try to find it, but going off "cats that are like power rangers and are funny" which is about all I could remember, I didn't get much. So thank you. I'm going to go watch this now.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This takes me back. I have some really early memories of watching this is a very young child. I don't remember too much of it anymore except these three protagonists and this antagonist. There also this 'gun' from where these Pizza Cats getting launched.

I don't live in America and therefore I didn't watch the show with the English dub. Don't know what this means for the dub I faintly remember. Because I haven''t seen this in such a long time and almost forgot about it until some weeks earlier, I wouldn't call myself  a fan of it. But I remember it.