Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was the popular and new gaming console when you were a kid?

Cupcake Ice Cream

I was introduced to video game consoles in 2002.

New: PlayStation 2, but these specific consoles were somewhat faulty in retail stores.

Most popular: PS1, Gameboy Color.

PC first-person shooters were becoming a really popular thing as well starting from 2001.

I remember the N64 being the new console that everyone wanted when I was a kid. Back then I couldn't buy my own toys so when I got one for Christmas I was super excited. I wanted to play it right away but I couldn't figure out how to hook it up. It was the first console I had that came with composite video cables. The TV only had two inputs, one for video and one for audio. Because the cable had stereo audio connectors, I thought it wouldn't work.

I would set my range from Sega Genesis to Game Boy Color to PS1/N64 when I was a kid.

Anyone have a Game Gear? That was interesting lol. Battery life sucked though.

Posted Image

I don't have my Game Gear anymore, but I do still have a Nomad.

Posted Image

First game I ever played was sonic for the Genesis.

Although I didn't really start gaming until the N64 days, which was when I was around 10ish.

The first console I remember playing was the Super Nintendo...I was born in the year of 1992, a year after the SNES had came out so I didn't know what was popular xD I know about the Genesis/Nintendo wars back then but I was too young to know about that

The N64 and PS1 was when I was starting to experience games more. I remember we'd be playing a lot of multiplayer oriented games...one in particular to this day I love to death

Anyone remember Crash Team Racing?

Posted Image

Nothing but playing this with our friends. We didn't have a playstation, only N64 so we played this..a LOT, more than I'm afraid to admit xD

• Brohoof 1

I would set my range from Sega Genesis to Game Boy Color to PS1/N64 when I was a kid.

Anyone have a Game Gear? That was interesting lol. Battery life sucked though.

Posted Image

Yup! I've had one since 1994 when I bought it and Sonic Triple Trouble simultaneously, and I have it stored somewhere in my room. The battery life was hideously short, but I had a power adapter that allowed me to play during school break endlessly. A purchase I still don't regret. :D

The brightly coloured-and-slimmed-down brick known as the Gameboy Color was the newest thing around the time I got into gaming, though before that was the Nintendo 64 and PS1. Ah...the good old days of when my siblings and I would actively stop trying to kill each other for more than two minutes to play a round of Mario Party or Smash Bros.

The PS1 and Gameboy Color belive it or not I didn't know one person who had an N64 other than my Brother I remember alot of the PS1s libary even obscure games like Tombi, Vib-Ribbon or Kula World from friends and Demo Discs (I wish I kept that copy of Tombi knowing how much that game goes for nowerdays)

(edited)

My game boy advance sp was all that mattered to me now it rots in my room alone with all of its accessories, and my sisters hardly used game boy. I remember when I would go to my friends house then run all the way back home just to get my gameboy and then come back to his house and battle each other in one of the super mario advance games or trade pokemon.

Edited by Dasher

When I was 10, the Nintendo 64 was the big console.

Oh how I wish Nintendo could go back to their N64 and GCN days. When they made good games instead of gimmicks.

I can't remember how old I was but it was the Game boy colour for me. I only ever had four games for it though one of them being Pokemon Yellow which I never took the time to finish. There was also Conkers Pocket Tales, never finished that game either as it was too damn hard. I still have it but it's in pieces now as my dad took it apart when the screen stopped working properly.

I still have my GBA SP that works though which I got at a later date. Limited Zelda edition too. Also still got my 2 GBA games and my 4 GBC games.

There was also the Commodore 64 that my father owned that I used to play on around the same time. Unfortunately the disk drive broke for that so my dad threw it out. It wasn't until afterwards that he found a spare part that could of fixed it.

Much later I got a PS1 then eventually a Xbox. My parents were cheap so they didn't buy me games though but instead taught me how to get games for free. I blame that on them.