Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies being bullied

Shankveld

I never was really picked on for liking a show... though I think I was in kindergarden for liking Barney... or that was because my nickname was the same as one of the characters on the show "B.J." which in middle school I got teased about that name for a whole different reason

I was the fat kid growing up... So that was my bullied right there.

Man, I would love to be in school during this Brony thing...oh well

Edited by Captain Marvelous

I was bullied in college actually during my first job but not because of ponies. For other stuff. And let me tell you it eats out your soul and can mess with your mind. It can make you think things about yourself that aren't true and lose sight of who you really are.

Just about everyone I know is either

• indifferent

• also a fan

... with the exception of one guy that tried to give me some shit, and accused me of being a "pony ----er"

My response, was (as I think I've mentioned before),

"AW DUDE ----- YEAH PONIES"

He quickly gave up on trying to get under my skin. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I've never told anyone that I'm a brony just because I already used to get bullied at school enough without giving them something else to make fun of. Fortunately, I left school in June, but those years there really left a blow to my self-confidence and self-esteem. I still struggle to talk to or get along with other people but it's easier on the computer just because I don't have to show myself in-person.

Well, I haven't really told anypony in real life that I'm a brony, and I'm not sure if I will.

And If I do, I know for a fact I'll get bullied by some immature c*nts.

I've got bullied over the internet for liking MLP, but I just simply just ignore them.

Yeah, I get called 'gay' for straightening my hair two >.> (I'm straight aswell)

Same here, I do it because i dont like my hair, not because im gay. People have no common sense anymore...

It had nothing to do with the ponies, but I was once downright threatened online. A guy posted about how he wanted to find me and do all sorts of terrible things, ultimately to kill me. (It seems he didn't like a story i wrote) I told him my uncle works for the FBI, and I gave him the IP address (not true) and I also reported him to Yahoo. (true) I never heard from him again.

PS. That was almost three years ago, so I think I'm safe now!

B)

Heh, In my last day of school (Which was yesterday) I saw in my 3rd period class that somebody drew and colored a picture of Spike, and got posted in the classroom. Nobody seemed to to recognize Spike in my room, but If they did, they might of made fun of her, Knowing my school. I didnt say anything because Im not gonna expose that I knew the show, but I commented on it ("That looks kinda familiar..."), and everyone looked, and didn't say anything.

I have gotten a bit of hate from noobs online, but most of my friends IRL either don't know I am a brony, they are bronies, or they don't care. Though since all of my friends are Christians I don't think they would insult me anyway.. :lol:

hmm... well I normally keep Ponies to myself in fear of ridicule! :blush:

I only have 3 friends who know I'm a Brony, the first two picked up on it through my Tumblr posts. They tease me about it. :(

Fortunately things seem to be changing for the better. Another friend of mine found out I was a Brony through a discussion on Facebook where I defended Bronies. I then put on the flame suit and awaited insults... and then... well... she asked if the show was good or not. I told her it's the best modern day cartoon (not that it has much to compete with). I told her it's made by the same woman who was behind Powerpuff Girls and is very similar in humor and character ( you know just Ponified)

She said she thinks it's awesome that I'm a Brony and hates those who judge it without watching it, though she hasn't watched it herself. Apparently her internet connection would take way too long to load a 2 minute video let alone a 22 minute episode!

So when I come up with some creative way to have her watch Ponies then I'll probably have my first Brony convert! Luckily she's a long time gf of one of my best friends so perhaps the 2 of us will convert him and then... THE WORLD! :lol:

I'm glad to be old enough that I'm done with grade school and high school altogether.

I haven't really been "bullied" about MLP so much as I've encountered jerks at other places who immediately dismiss the show as garbage without even trying out a few episodes first - all it shows is lack of an informed opinion from such people and not to be taken seriously nor worth my time.

I've also had one or two others who suggested that my watching the show meant that I was a pedophile or that I'm a grown "manchild". Sigh.

That's really really sweet. :)

I've never been bullied for enjoying the show, and I'm sorta open to my peers about the show... infact, I influenced Sweetie Belle on these here forums to enjoy the show.. and I think I gave Kurtiss the courage to be more open about the show, what with the amount of lectures I give him, :P

​Here and there, I get a little hassled by some friends and acquaintances at school, but they don't go out of their way, because they still are my friends and all... they just don't find why people like the show... I think because they haven't opened their minds yet...

And when I mean I'm pretty open about the show, I really am... Kurt and I are working on a project for programming class that is pony themed, I draw Scootaloo a lot in my Physics class, manage to photoshop ponies into 90% of every photograph I hand in for photography class... and my math teacher watches the show, and references it at least once a week...

Maybe I'm just lucky and live in a good area, I dunno... but I do know that, if I was getting bullied for liking ponies, I'd definitely do something about it.

Sorry for that wall of text up above... sometimes I go overboard on details

hmm... well I normally keep Ponies to myself in fear of ridicule! :blush:

I only have 3 friends who know I'm a Brony, the first two picked up on it through my Tumblr posts. They tease me about it. :(

Fortunately things seem to be changing for the better. Another friend of mine found out I was a Brony through a discussion on Facebook where I defended Bronies. I then put on the flame suit and awaited insults... and then... well... she asked if the show was good or not. I told her it's the best modern day cartoon (not that it has much to compete with). I told her it's made by the same woman who was behind Powerpuff Girls and is very similar in humor and character ( you know just Ponified)

She said she thinks it's awesome that I'm a Brony and hates those who judge it without watching it, though she hasn't watched it herself. Apparently her internet connection would take way too long to load a 2 minute video let alone a 22 minute episode!

So when I come up with some creative way to have her watch Ponies then I'll probably have my first Brony convert! Luckily she's a long time gf of one of my best friends so perhaps the 2 of us will convert him and then... THE WORLD! :lol:

I have the first season on my phone :P So I can watch where ever I go. :)

I have the first season on my phone :P So I can watch where ever I go. :)

Some of us are not so lucky

my phone's so shitty it can hold only 10 songs of my 5000+ library!

hmmm... I could put a few episodes on a thumbdrive and give it to her and have her return it for more episodes

wish I didn't lose my thumbdrive :(

Once, I had a picture of Pinkie Pie smiling, with rainbows in her eyes, as my skype picture. A good friend of mine skyped me and said something like "No offense, but your pony picture is just retarded." And guess what I did? I changed my Pinkie Pie picture to another Pinkie Pie picture :) That was the only time a friend judged me on being a brony. I doubt I'll be bullied anytime in the futue. All my friends are nice people and most of them probably don't even know what MLP is :lol:

Edited by The Pinkie Eye

Best way to avoid a bully is to friend other people.

Find people who are like you, and hang out with them in groups.

Bullies are cowards, so they will not face you with more people around you.

• 1 year later...

18th September 2013

Im A 13 Year Old Lad                                

And Im A Brony And I Accept That I Am
But To All Other Brony's We are like a big family but at school and home i get picked on hit kicked and every thing but iv moved school and im now keeping it in side me as a secret and i think it wronge and i think i should let people know what i am 

My friend and I are best brony friends for life and we're usually not afraid to show it. A lot of times, people just don't care because I guess they think it's natural for girls like us to like ponies. But still, we get teased for it because we're apparently "too old" for a show targeted toward five year-old girls and we don't do any of the "cool" stuff that they, the "cool" kids, do. We also learned about standing up for your friends from the show and we got laughed at for that.

Never been bullied or picked on by them.

However, I have met some friends who have shared me their stories on how they got bullied when they knew such as loosing friendship and overall trust.

Sadly I can't do nothing to those haters, but I try my best to comfort anyone in need. 

I don't know if it officially counts as bullying, but I have a friend who's entering his second year in my old school (I've finished, I started years before he did) who picked on me for being a brony. Fortunately there was little to no insults, and what I got from him was very much the stereotypical masculine jargon (What boy could ever watch MLP? It's a GURLZ show, y'know, for GURLZ). Of course, I easily brushed it off, and in retaliation I picked on him for watching Pokémon even though it was crap by now (Come on like, its been how many seasons? And Ash still hasn't aged, nor has he grown or matured. If anything, he and all his friends have just got stupider and a hell of a lot more naïve than before)

So yeah, I wouldn't call it bullying, but he did pick on me, so I guess it counts. Other than that, there's really nothing to tell.

• Brohoof 1

I proudly wear pony shirts in public. I'm kind of like a honey badger in the way that I don't give a shit. And, I mean why should you? If I want to wear my derpy shirt, by gum, I'm going to wear my derpy shirt! Even if people make comments, oh well. They're just being a little immature. It's nothing to fret about. It is sad though that people can be huge dicks towards others simply because of the fact that hey enjoy My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

At my school, it doesn't matter if anyone likes MLP, me and one of my friends are fans of MLP, but we never get bullied for it. Mostly because we are famous in our grade and we also don't really make fun of others. I am one of the only people in my school that actually would not care what people like, I am a caring,kind friend that will always accept one for who they are. If I was to give some advice, I would say "Do not let someone bring you down for what you like. Just be who you are, no one can ever change that. Always know that somewhere out there is a person just like you, so you are never alone".

• Brohoof 1