Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies being bullied

Shankveld

This is how you deal with bullies.

Accept everything they say.

*Bro you like MLP? What a homo!

>yea bro thanx for the advice. I already know I'm gay, and that's not a bad thing.

That's pretty much majority of insults you get. Gay jokes. They're stale and over used, and being gay isn't even bad.

Or the usual

*Bro you like MLP? Are you a clopper? Do you like get off to ponies?

You could simply say yes and walk away, or give them a detailed explanation of why you don't clop.

Whichever is easier.

In my experience I really don't have a problem with it, but these are the two main insults I see people get. If you just brush it off and don't give a fuck, people tend to turn on the bulky rather than join in on you blushing or turning red or what have you. Just have a cool attitude about it and show you don't care. Trolls always leave eventually if you show you don't care. They thrive off of your embarrassment. Don't give them something to make fun of.

Ironically, in much of my early life, I had always been picked on for various things. I was used to bullies, until one day I moved away to a new school. I never dealt with bullies since, honestly, despite having never changed.

What I'm getting at is, I was picked on more before becoming a brony than after. I've literally never been insulted for being a brony (scratch one occasion, where one moron said that all bronies either were or would be pedophiles, me included, but he was just that: A moron.) Everyone I know has been accepting of my brony ways, and nearly all of the relatively few friends I have are bronies too. Overall, I have no regrets joining the show, and I will always wear my brony shirts with pride. This wouldn't change even if anti-bronies became a more common thing. Plain and simple.

I have dealt with bullying in the past for other things but not for being a brony and one thing I have learned is that the best approach is to not give a damn. If some disrespectful little punk want to start some shit than I am not interested and since I am fairly tall very few people have dared to ever try to get physical with me and those that tried seriously regretted it.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

This story is actually in my history section on my About Me, but I'll post it here.

In June 2011, I found out about the community for lurking a phpBB forum(later turned into IPBoard) that opened a month earlier. The website was ponified, if you will. From what I can remember, the Support Team badge had Trixie on it.

In November 2011, I pulled myself out of the community in fear I would get bullied. I was in the 8th grade at the time when I redacted my bronyship.

In July 2012, I decided to return to the brony community, thinking no one would bully me and I was being paranoid.

That didn't turn out well.

"HAHA, FAG!"

"HOMO!"

This continued until the end of my freshman year, and then, I moved to a new city, for a fresh start, and redeemed myself as a "closet brony". In Jacksonville, I encountered 4 fans of the show. 2 girls, 2 guys(1 guy claims to be 5% brony. I don't believe that. dry.png ). Even today I saw a girl wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt. I was thinking about telling them about me being a brony, but I don't want to be bullied again, considering my new school is 800 students more than my old school. More yoloswaggers, and more wannabe badasses.

And the good thing is, I told 2 of them I was a brony from June 2011 to November 2011. Luckily they don't know I'm a brony currently.

I have the first season on my phone tongue.png So I can watch where ever I go. smile.png

First season? Pffft. My iPod has S1, S2, S3, EQG, FiW and Ponies the Anthology 2. Me is boss enough to fit 9.5 hours of video into 1 gigabyte.

Well, one day, I was at the school computer watching the Season 3 premiere on YouTube(You're allowed to watch educational stuuf at school, and, fortuantely, some MLP and DW episodes are tagged "educational" for some reason). Then, someone came to me and said he watched the show, and it was horrible. And everyone who watched it was gay.

I told him that my dad watched the show, and he has a Star Wars collection. Plus, I would rather watch something like this rather than those TV14 they secertly watched. Then, I continued to watch it until the bell rang. They teased me a bit more but the whole thing stopped when they saw one of their friends talking about the show with me. XD

It sucks that people bully others for trivial things or at all, but it does happen.

Sometimes you just have to put up with it, or try and tell someone if you believe it may help.

Maybe you should try and find people who are nice enough an trustworthy enough to be friends.

It's hard, especially if your iffy on who you trust like me, but hopefully you find someone.

There are good people, aswell as other bronies in the world, they are just sometimes hard to find.

I have been bullied and gotten into quite a few fights.
For awhile I managed to go unnoticed as a brony, so I was never bothered by the horde of swagfags. But all good things have to come to a end I guess.
I got caught looking in the mlp lane in and the news spread pretty quickly sooo yea.

Well, I have not been bullied, but I friend is. I attempt to stand up for him, but, it doesn't work. The 'swagfags' just ignore me, paying little to no interest at me, mainly because I keep to myself. As for my friend, they call him rude names and show him... erm, R34? You know what I'm saying.

Anyway, could you offer me, or my friend, some advice what to do?

• Brohoof 1

Well, I have not been bullied, but I friend is. I attempt to stand up for him, but, it doesn't work. The 'swagfags' just ignore me, paying little to no interest at me, mainly because I keep to myself. As for my friend, they call him rude names and show him... erm, R34? You know what I'm saying.

Anyway, could you offer me, or my friend, some advice what to do?

Well, the best thing to do is to probably send an anoymus letter to the school councilor saying that someone is showing your friend pretty disghusting things (R34 is banned in your school right?). Say it's from an innocent bystander. You can also probably fake your age and gender so that no one will catch you. If they stop showing your friend R34 but still bully him, just avid them and ignore it, they'll stop. Hope this helps!

I've been bullied, but not for MLP like most labeling that comes from non-bronies. It never happens now, since this new school doesn't pick on me. (Well, I have been called a witch, but I don't really see that as an insult. I kinda do look like one) But pretty when I do get bullied It's from my old school, and completely absurd things like never letting go in 3rd grade that I liked to play around as an animal, or the fact that my favorite animal is a cat.

Really, I think they're all just sad people who try to find any means necessary to make themselves feel better.

They were all a sad bunch of kids.

I dont get bullied about it at all, because (spoiler alert) I never tell anyone I'm a brony and I dont intend on doing so. But seriously, anyone who bullies other kids in my school gets suspended.

I have been bullied for enjoying Pokemon, being quiet and a loner, and overall just everything about me, but being a brony is not something I have been bullied for. Odd, I know. Hell, one time in gym class I asked this girl if I could join her group and she pulled me over to her friends and said, "This is Kaitlyn, she likes My Little Pony, and she's awesome." It was received pretty well, no odd looks either. As I said before, I'm a loner so people eventually stopped noticing me...and I don't blame them. So, no, I have not been bullied for being a brony yet. I heard some rude shit from my family and friends but nothing at school though...

People eventually stopped caring about what I was into, so I had nothing to complain about. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I wouldn't say I get bullied over being a brony...kind of hard to bully a 22 year old without him retaliating. But my friends do tease from time to time and I have received some insults from strangers. I guess I should explain my friends teasing me to start, You see I've always hung out with....questionable individuals. Mostly because I used to hate on a lot of things for no reason including MLP before I became a brony. But becoming a brony really changed me for the good, though I cant just replace my friends so once I started being open about being a brony they took it upon themselves to tease me to no end night after night. They have lightened up on me since I never let it bother me. though they do still like to point out the typical stereotypes they see in other brony's. heh they even showed me a video of some guys that went to brony con, I actually enjoyed the video and wished I could have been there. But the entire time I was watching they would make sure they pointed out ANY of the typical stereotypes so that was kind of annoying but hey, there my friends and I cant expect to change them. Now for the random insults from strangers, just smile and continue on with your life, there not worth getting flustered over.I guess some advice I can give to anyone who is being bullied is to just not let it bother you and to just keep being yourself. If the harassment gets to bad just get away from them, on a last note, violence should only be a LAST resort and only if they put there hands on you. never let anyone push you around without pushing back.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wouldn't say directly being bullied, spam... maybe that's the right word to it. At least I'm not being bullied at school, they just ignore it. But there was this one guy in my SWTOR guild, he simply enjoys bullying me and he was already a dad -- real mature, might I say. I just ignore him really, stay friendly and the end he got bored of spamming/bullying me for liking MLP. 

Generally, people simply laugh at me being a brony, and assume I'm a really, really good troll.

I have, however, been bullied on occasion by one or two people, mainly dolts who've never seen the show with illusions of masculinity.

I then usually sing a song or laugh at them, and they go away.

I wouldn't call what they attempt to do bullying. I would call it being ignorant if you ask me.I understand that they have they're opinions and I have mine but when they attempt to bash me about it I just sing The smile song and or play the tune on my guitar (If I brought it with me) Along with that I mean who want's to bully the rd Best Running back in our District? Still any bullying of any type isn't accepted and If I see it I usually ask them to stop and walk away.

Bullying, huh? Well, did you know that bullies REALLY love having intact kneecaps? Perhaps making an...example...or two would discourage any further antagonism. Besides, it's not like THEY'VE ever played fair with YOU, is it?

Edited by Anti-Villain

Not necessarily for My Little Pony. I graduated back in 2005.  However as far as bullying goes...well where do I begin? I was pushed,punched,kicked,slapped and nothing was ever done..my locker broken into/defaced.  I had girls tell me they liked me only to set me up/make things up that I did inappropriate things..MSN abuse (10 internets if you remember MSN messenger.) photoshopping was a thing aswell. The worst was when in sewing class one of the bullies who was tormenting me stuck pins in my jacket sleeves/shoes. I did all the right things talk to the teachers/principals/counsellor and they got away scott free..it was because I was the kid with Aspergers and most of them with ethnic prodigies that I was singled out.   Now this story has a happy ending..my bullies? Two of them are in jail on white collar crimes..the other is facing foreclosure on his house.  Karma is a -yay- and do evil/bad to others will come back and get you on the arse.

• 2 weeks later...

ive never been actually bullied for such ... the first day i actually really showed i was a brony ( outside of my friend circle :P ) was when i wore my wonderbolts hoodie ... i was walking down the hall holding hands with my GF and someone yelled " he gets a hardon for ponies, not you " which worked to my advantage, vus right when he said that, she turns, kisses me, hugs me, and then yells to him," wheres your GF ? " lol. all ive ever got was small remarks, nothing major. ive actually had more positive things happe. than bad since people in HS know im a brony. just be confident in whatever you believe in. " friendship and tolerance " ;)