Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies being bullied

Shankveld

Though I've been bullied for a very long time, I have never been bullied for liking MLP. Probably because the bullying happened a fairly long time ago and the bullies are all splitting up going down their own path.

I know that talking to others about bullies is useless though, it never worked out for me and it hasn't worked out for a lot of people. That's because bullying is often not taken serious by others, they create all kinds of excuses like "Oh, they're only teasing" and "Stop asking for so much attention, it's annoying!"

If there was any solution, I'd say violence is a good one. That's how I made my bullies stop, with violence. Most bullies are pretty weak no matter how they look, there's only a few that are actually strong. Preparing yourself for a few days, learning self-defense beforehand and those bullies are next to nothing.

As for things that have happened to me after I told people I like MLP? Neutral. Some minor negative ones, some minor positive ones, nothing that really stood out.

I don't really get bullied for it, mainly cause I rarely mention it in public, I already take enough shit from my factious anti-brony of a mate so I can only imagine what would happen if I talked about ponies all teh time...I hate being shy :(

If someone teases me about liking the show, trolling comes back in return. Id troll them hard. That would end it. But im not a troll myself. I only troll teasers. But the problem is knowing when to use words...

I have been bullied by some people I thought were my friends they would call be gay or try to piss me off in any way possible. One kid (We'll call him jake, not his real name) Jake got into a fight with me about it and I did get hurt but nothing serious and I avoided him as much as possible, obviously I get stares and people asking me "Why do you have a pony on your case?" and they usually laugh at me and one time a group of guys made me stand up in front of the class (We were outside doing a course thing so the teachers didn't really pay attention to us) and say all the pony names I knew, at the time I thought it was because they thought it was interesting but I could tell after 30 seconds and about 30 pony names later they were all laughing and calling me gay... I didn't let that get to me though, no matter how hard they try I don't let them get to me. Obviously i have been called retarded on the internet many times and again I don't let it bother me and all I can say for fellow Bronies and Pegasisters out there is "Stay Strong /)"

• 11 months later...

I have gotten a bit of hate from noobs online, but most of my friends IRL either don't know I am a brony, they are bronies, or they don't care. Though since all of my friends are Christians I don't think they would insult me anyway.. :lol:

Wait how does being christian affect it?

• 7 years later...
On 2011-12-16 at 9:23 PM, Shankveld said:

If you've never faced any bullying or haven't come out, you can still support our fellow bronies/pegasisters

I have been bullied for looking at the wrong person at the wrong time.

But I have also been in a popular group, all admitting liking MLP, and that was in mid 90s, on the school bus driving to school. MLP is actually a good cartoon show, and was so before G4. Not so much the baby related things though (low quality New Born Babies stuff).

I think bullying is a problem in general, and not related to Bronies. Sure anyone can get bullied, and being alone and being a target is not easy. I hope that there are enough of Bronies out there to keep people from being alone or feeling alone.