• Bird
    • Snake
    • Iguana
    • Ferret
    • Pony
    • Stick Bug
    • Turtle
    • Some type of farm animal
    • Other (Please tell us about it in the comments)

I have a completely white cat that just loves to cuddle<3

Can take a picture of her later if anyone wants to see her.

[9:05 AM now so I'll do it tomorrow I guess.]

I have three chickens,two of them are local mixbreeds but one of them is a Rhode Island Red which are excellent pets and are just as good a sentry as dogs are thanks to their agressive and protective nature.

I have four dogs (a chow, a chow/spitz, a lab mix, and a shepherd mix), one cat, and a cockatiel. All are rescues. :D

I also currently have a foster monster (lab mix) and she drives me nuts! :angry:

In my house we have 2 chinchillas, a dog, 2 cats (one's mine), a hamster, and maybe a Hermit Crab. I say maybe because i don't know if it's still living or not. Oh and two frogs (maybe). I don't know if they're still alive either. (I'm such a horrible person :( lol)

I only have one pet now regrettably...my pet Ferret name De'Boo the Boo Bandit. My most recent one passed away, Midnight, a miniature schnauzer whom lived to be 16 years old. Where he went to die is unclear, he was free when he went however...and god willing, he found his peace in the world. :blush:

Lastly, my Hedgehog, Pokei Dei....who passed before his time. I still honor them both with a little shrine, built outside our home wall.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dunno if I posted here before.

My uncle on my father's side owns two dogs. One is a recently-bought female basset, and the other... I dunno, a male boxer mix or something.

My other uncle (mother's side) has a male golden retriever.

And whenever I return to Turkey, I take the time to pet as many animals as I can. Stray dogs and cats in the street, and cats by my grandfather's apartment's entrance.

My recent misfortune of an allergy to cat hair (acquired through cat-contact deprivation since we moved to France?) did not stop me from keeping this up.

That's about it for the present time.

I really want a pet, either a scorpion or a tarantula, or even a rattlesnake. Preferably a scorp though, knowing how easy they are to satisfy ; all they need is a cricket or pillbug a week, and a terrarium of sand deep enough to burrow.

My mother had cats when she was younger, a female and her two kittens. The poor girl had given birth before, but hungry males would kill the newborns. Apparently, one day, she decided to seek help from one particular family that she knew to be caring.

She knocked (or rather scratched) at my mother's door, looked meaningfully at her (and/or my grandmother) and the two kittens, then picked them up one by one and brought them in.

My grandfather (still mother's side) also owned a parakeet once. He's always loved birds, left grains for pigeons to eat etc.

My cousins on my father's side have had a lot of pets of different species, including dogs, a water turtle and tadpoles. Aside from dogs though, none of them lasted for long.

I grew up around animals myself, especially dogs (nearly exclusively females) in the family and cats outside our first apartment in Turkey. Although we, since my parents' marriage, never had an animal of our own. My father's parents owned two small dogs, and I had the joy of knowing the second before she passed.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Well, we had 1 dog, 2 cats, 3 guinea pigs, 1 rat, 3 mice, 1 rabbit, 1 hamster and a Phasmatidae (not all at once).

Now we're currently having a dog, 1 guinea pig and 2 degus.

I have a cat that thinks she's a dog... she drinks from the toilet, digs holes in the backyard, and eats grass

She's an indoor cat as well (since our neighborhood is notorious for roadkill), so naturally she likes to escape... You have to watch her when you let her out in the back. I found her in my neighbor's shed yesterday when I forgot to close the back door

I have a dog and a cat. Dog's name is Sweetie (totally fits with her personality), and the cat's name is Axilla (which is actually the scientific term for "armpit" :lol: ). The ironic thing is that Sweetie, the dog, seems to be afraid of Axilla, the cat.

I used to have 19 cats, lol. There was a stray cat, then he got his "wife", then they had two kittens... then the two kittens and the mom had kittens...

We managed to give away almost all of the kittens, we kept one (through my begging) and the others just wandered off.

The one we kept is gray and white and his name is Baby. But we usually call him Babycakes. :3

post-2675-0-49656000-1333761700_thumb.jpeg