Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post Pictures of Your Pet(s) & Why You Love Them

Abaddon

(edited)

Well, I've always been fascinated with animals. As a small kid I was never allowed to have a pet (actually I did have a gold fish that I had won from a carnival game but that was it), so I was always jealous of my classmates because most of them had a animal companion. Fast forward 15 years and now I live with the most amazingly wonderful, smart, playful and loyal cat I could ever have. To me he is my furry child. He is more than just a pet, he is my best friend and my companion. If it were not for Domino I doubt I would have survived the last few years (addiction, mental illness among other things). Every time I wake up he is right by my side, every time I come home he is waiting at the door. Yes there are bad days when trashes my apartment, but overall I am glad that I live with Domino.

Here is a picture of Domino:

post-4952-0-02007100-1340428237_thumb.jpg

Just as the title states, I would love to hear your stories and see your pets.

I hope you are all well,

Abaddon.

Edited by Abaddon
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

ELMO

post-2132-0-18375000-1340428583_thumb.jpeg

BO

post-2132-0-61424700-1340428641_thumb.jpeg

JOCHEM

post-2132-0-41059900-1340428990_thumb.jpg

KAREL

post-2132-0-70637100-1340429045_thumb.png

Why i love them... well i love all animals. I also have two unnamed fishes and a turtle called Mike.

About Elmo: not actually my dog, it is my stem mothers dog. I still love him, in the evening when i'm usually on my room he comes and stays sniffing around in my room

About Bo: What a bitch (actually is one). She hates everything that lives exept for Elmo and humans.

About Jochem: He is one great cat. He is the adventurer at home, never afraid to dicover new places. Exept the closet because the vacuüm cleaner is in there, he is afraid of that.

About Karel: He is the Fluttersy in our home, while Jochem is doing everything, he likes to watch it in a distance. But when it comes to playing with a hot pink stick with feathers, Jochem gets no chance

Edited by MasterCadence
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a pic or anything, because I own no pets as it is, being allergic to dogs and sister being allergic to cats. But I use to own a cat named Max who was the best pet I ever had. He was my best friend and I will never forget him. Sadly he died due to old age, but I will never forget him. So yeah thats it...

(I never really got a picture of him, but here's a pretty accurate representation as to what he looked like)

Posted Image

Okay, so growing up, I eventually found how joyous it was to have a loyal animal house pet. I've learned what a huge responsibility it could be, as well as the huge amounts of fun and friendship that could be developed from having one, the unforgettable experience . But then, it eventually hit me: the concept of what would happen when said pet passes away. I didn't understand how and why people would go through having one, only to lose it in mere time, whether it be death, giving away, stolen, or running away.

I even had quite the number of dreams of it, too, having pets and enjoying the good times. But it was just that one thing that kept me from ever buying a pet...

One day, maybe when I was 11 or so, one of my grandfather's friends rhetorically offered us a betta fish (in that she really, really wanted us to have one, having been experienced with so many fish in the past herself!, to which I took questionably. I really didn't want to deal with a loss if I were to gain a connection with him. But, to think of why people dealt with the change, and carried on so easily, I decided it must be worth it.

So, the first couple months were very enjoyable. I named him Cutie (yeah, I was real creative back then...), and I put him in a jug on my table in the living room. He was always there, swimming around happily in a nice little homey jug with a nice little homey environment around him. It was one of the best experiences in life I've ever imagined. It wasn't that hard, responsibility-wise. Every time I got home then, the first thing I did was see how my little friend was doing, and it always brought me joy that he looked so happy and content. I hoped that the experience would never end....but we can all be wrong, too, right?

Well, one day, I came home, immediately went to Cutie’s jar and....well....it was obvious he wasn't alive anymore...it took me a few seconds to realize it, and then it hit me. I don't think I've cried more than that in my entire life. Maybe...an hour...or two....or maybe more. I couldn't bear the sensation of devastation and sadness. This is exactly what I was afraid of when I first contemplating on getting a pet, the worst thing you could go through- loss.

And while I may never buy a pet again, I know that friends, old and new, humans or pets, all leave eventually sometime, and it's best to stick with the change. I hope that I was a good example of a pet owner, and that he had a very good life.

I loved him because he was my very first pet, and the fact that he was just so appealing to me in ways that other people have reasons as to having pets in general. It grew on me, and then it was all taken away from me. I strive to go through situations like that as less as possible in my life.

I have a few pets. Two cats, a dog, and a snake. But my cat Annie has been with us since I was 5 (well, her daughter has been around nearly as long as her, but Annie is my little partner in crime). I love Annie because she is like my baby. She's a spoiled, prissy little brat. But she also can be very loving. She will be 16 this year! Lookit my beautiful baby! :wub:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here be my dog:

Posted Image

(I wish I had Dashie :()

His name is Bailey, he is a Cocker Spaniel, and is about will turn 7 this August, had him since January 2006.

Edited by SamtheLegoman

Well here's my dog, Wylie

post-5308-0-89964100-1340622349_thumb.jpg

Do I really need to explain why I love him? Look at him he's just so adorable! He's smart too; he learned how to open doors all by himself - which scares the crap out of me sometimes...

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

The first two of my bearded dragons Gummy and Yummy. My friend's beardie recently laid eggs and was gonna destroy them if people didn't collect them. I incubated and hatched these two..even though their scaley I love them both to death and true manly tears were cried when I saw them enter this world

Gummmy <3

23lxszt.jpg

Yummy <3

2pzwmqr.jpg

Now these next two are my cats. Peaches is the orange tabby <3 and Pookie is his mom.

Peaches <3

5tuxjt.jpg

Pookie <3

i1mzvq.jpg

Edited by GolgoXIII
  • Brohoof 4

Jazz:  I got him as a kitten...  my neighbor let me pick a kitten from the barn as a thank you for taking care of her wonderful pets many times when she was gone...  I picked him because he was the wildest of the bunch, and tried to take on 2 full grown St. Bernards when he was just a weenling.  Took him 2 days too accept me, prior to this he had no human handling... he'd only eat wiska's packets the first couple days, then he started eating the hard food, same time Janna fed him and his family. 

He was such a stinker when he was a baby... hid tacks in my boots... knocked my 10 in. flatscreen down a few times... attacked the flatscreen when I was watching Jurassic Park... run across my face while I slept...  but he also was sweet... he knew my shoulder was hurt bad and in the cold winter days he'd curl up around it to keep it warm...  when I first started having neuralgia issues he would follow me and 'chirp' at me b/c I'd be pacing in the room yelping in pain.  

He knew something was wrong when I came home after I was assaulted, he stayed by my side when I had neuralgia attacks, he sticks next to me still when I'm really sick.  Jazzy will sit there and bitch me out when he doesn't like something too... he is so MOUTHY!  He gets in so much trouble, but he really is a sweetheart.

He's also a burnout.

img-1206886-1-c09d982e-fb6b-4ef4-8699-b05fd853e945.jpg

Chromia:  She is Jazz's "mate"... they do love eachother... most of the time.   She's a yr younger than him and a terror.  She is quite stupid, but seems to hold some intelligence... all in trouble making and how to avoid getting caught doing it.  She gets away with things with Dave because she know she's cute and uses it against him.... I'm not so easy to fool.   She is a sweetheart and will be your foot-warmer when you don't feel good...

img-1206886-2-896e0405-986e-4be3-8621-6506dd38c0b4.jpg

Tank:  He is 17, Dave's cat.   Dave's ex abused this poor guy, he found him locked up in a closet one day.. he changed his attitude pretty much over night from a loving cat who wasn't afraid of anyone to scared to death of people in general, especially women...   took Tank close to a year to accept me and allow me to come near him or pick him up... now he actually comes to me and allows me to handle him... he is still jittery but he's also starting to accept my sister and will come out to eat when she's here... he used to just hide, refuse to come out and eat or even to use the litter.    The poor guy can hardly eat hard food due to missing teeth and pain but he can eat soft food... he even plays like a kitten at times.   He has come up to me when I was really hurt and also really sick and watched over me.    Even though Tank and I aren't with a solid relationship, I do love him, even when he's super mouthy!  It may have taken time but he does trust me now, I can pet his tummy, pick him up, he'll come over to me now...   He just needed a woman to show him kindness and patience... (I used to sit next to the cupboard talking to him when he first came here... all he'd do is hiss at me...  guess he showed me more kindness then when he'd normally do if someone did that!)

img-1206886-3-952e0aa7-e47a-4b70-8611-a03e7fcaaa9e.jpg

Troodon:  I also call him Troodontidae.. the name is of one of my favorite dinosaurs...  right now thought to be the smartest.   I just got him in January? or right before Jan... to replace Akio, who Jazz killed by stressing him out to the point he wouldn't eat...   This is my first Crowntail Betas...  Akio and Mirage were the 'normal' male beta's people think of...   He's calming to me,   he sits next to the couch so the cats won't bother him.

img-1206886-4-69981790-4b4a-41f0-85ff-14d79983aa7b.jpg

Family's Horses

They live with my parents, they own them... but they are mine in my heart.

Laredo :   The son of Dynasty... he shares her intelligence, her eyes and the love and compassion for their humans. Laredo is protective over those in his pasture... out goats we had.. Sissy, who was his first equine companion....  when a goat passed away, and when Sissy passed he protected them with all he had...   Dad was scared to leave the skid loader when burring her.   Laredo will also protect his human compainians...  he proved that with me.   I nearly walked into a snake in the long grass/weeds of the pasture, Laredo came tearing up and put himself between me and the large snake, he pushed me back.  I didn't get to see the pattern on the snake, it was either a rattler or a huge black rat snake... 1 is poisonous, the other isn't... either way, the snake was quite large and could have hurt me.   Larry kept pushing me back until he felt I was safe.

When Linda made an unwelcome stop, with no warning one morning I flipped out,  I snuck out the door past her and ran into the pasture and up to the horses...   instantly Laredo was on alert and started circling me then put himself between me and the house.   A few times he nudged me next to Jade, out of sight from the house and then stood guard... tense and alert...  He seemed to know I felt I was in danger for Linda is abusive and just plain evil.   When I went to sneak closer to the barn to try and get closer to where my dad was, in the machine shop near the barns Laredo stuck right next to me and kept making sure I was ok... he never left my side.   After she left I climbed the gate next to the shop and he made a sharp whistle sound at me.   When I went into the shop I could hear him outside running back and forth along the fence and building... neighing the whole time.  He didn't settle down until he was able to see me and Dad walk outside...  its like when he saw I was ok and with someone he trusted he knew I was safe.   Every time I visit the farm he 'screams' a hello and charges the fence to see me...  Oh do I miss him when I'm not there!

His is a big stinker... he has stolen my wallet out of my back pocket, untucked my shirts, stolen my hats, pulled my hair out of buns, destroyed countless bottles of fly spray and ripped open many treat bags when people aren't paying attention... he also opened the gate once. >_>

img-1206886-5-HLaredo.jpg

Jade:  We got her from a friend, Jade was bullied by the others and wasn't eating well...  we ended up keeping her, and I'm glad.  She's the first horse I rode alone on...  she taught me a lot, including how to stick in the saddle when she decided she doesn't want to listen and tries to dump me into a parked vehicle at a gallop...   She is the one I had the riding accident on where I hurt my arm/ulnar nerve... and back.   Prince, our family's late setter/lab mix went with me on a ride in our neighbor's fields, Jade's used to these trips... well Prince started barking while in the long grass/weed and Jade shied to the left violently and then Prince lunged at us from out of the weeds and she reared up, I fell off onto hard Oct. ground and she took off to go to Laredo... her only herd companion ..  I got on my cell and said Jade should be coming down the driveway, make sure she's ok...   Mom had her un-saddled by the time my sister got me home... she knew where I was probably riding at and drove to get me....  Sadly I haven't gotten back on her WITH the saddle on since this accident, only bareback around the house... partially due to health issues, sometimes because of how she's feeling...   she's mid to late 20's now... seems to have some arthritis ..  her vision also is starting to get worse... we believe that's partially what lead to the freak out in the field... that and she's usually ok with dogs, until they start barking.   What happened in the week after the accident really made me love her more... she showed remorse...  she was sad she let her human get hurt... her actions, movements, expressions showed that...  

To this day, when I'm on her she is very careful with me, she likes me to sing to her... always did, makes her calm down.   She also is always with Laredo in greeting me coming 'home'... doesn't let Larry push her too far out of the way to say hi either.

img-1206886-6-HJade.jpg

Posting this pic b/c I mentioned her... 

Dynasty: Laredo's Dam... put down at age 32 due to deteriorating health... she was my partner and pretty much my best friend at the time...  I miss her so much... as you can probably tell she loved to perform with the Drill Team and was showing off a bit in this picture...   Always was a joy to see and greeted me when I went to Jeannie's to ride or visit.  Miss you my dear partner...

img-1206886-7-DCFC0331-2-1-1-1.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Pics down below. Orange cat is my baby Oliver, grey and striped cat half shown is Chance, the one of me hugging the the fluffy cat is Nala, and the grey and white one on my bed is Bella.

The dogs, the tan Chihuahua is Ruby and the black and white one is T-Bone, and the chocolate lab is Cocoa

post-2287-0-13917200-1361740361_thumb.jpg

post-2287-0-38831300-1361740372_thumb.jpg

post-2287-0-63487400-1361740409_thumb.jpg

post-2287-0-21765800-1361740421_thumb.jpg

post-2287-0-64796600-1361740428_thumb.jpg

post-2287-0-20974800-1361740439_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

YES! i love you for this thread! <3

i have my funny bunny blue doggie:  Blooregard Q. kazoo.  She's an Australian shepherd (blue merle) and sadly a double merle... :(  her eyesight and hearing have never been that great, but here lately shes getting really confused.  She herds anything her size or smaller, hates the water but will try and swim after geese at the park xD  we used to play frisbee, but she cant catch them anymore and so also gave up chasing them.... but she knows sit, stay, dance, bang dead dog, and "OK!" which means her crying at the door has won her a trip into the yard and she gets all happy.  "Lets go!" is a car ride, and she can open the screen door on her own when told to do so :)

may2509029.jpg

may2012050_zpsb414471b.jpg

may2012044_zps310858e6.jpg

And one of my fishies:  Pyrite!  such a sweet Gup x3  the others arent so photogenic. :P

pyritefishie_zpsf1f7ffe0.jpg

• Brohoof 1

My little Jack Russel, creatively named Jackie.

549281_434666466559547_1680765254_n.jpg

This little monster is a bi-polar, schizophrenic, diabetic, and anxiety-problem riddled little thing but I love her. She's just a joy to have around all the time, you know? I used to have a chocolate lab named Dutchess who passed about a decade ago. It's funny, this dog is the polar opposite. She's high strung and energetic, while Dutchess was always lazy and just didn't have a care in the world.

• Brohoof 2

I have two Burmese cats, a lilac torte girl name Polyphony, Polly for short. And a chocolate boy named Purcell but Purrs for short. Both of them bro and sis.

Purrs I love because he's cute, cuddly like anything. He's got such soft and silky fur like a giant plush.

Fun to play with, and he's a great pal to have around

Polly's really sweet, and a bit more docile and skinny and girly compared to the butch Purrs

• Brohoof 1

post-8804-0-35898800-1361747873_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of by black labrador retriever mix, Velvet. We still haven't figured out what she's mixed with. As you can see, she's not the full size of a full grown lab. She'll be 9 years old this year. 

How I got her, a pretty funny story!

All of a sudden one day, a couple days before my birthday, my parents decided to go out...to the pet store. When we got there, I was like "What the hay are we doing here?" My parents said nothing. We entered the store and went to the grooming area. I thought this was a joke. Suddenly, a lady holding a black puppy comes from the back and walks straight towards me. She then puts the black puppy right into my arms. I had a huge smile on my face. I couldn't believe that I was getting a dog for my birthday. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Well? It's around 4:16 a..m. here and I'm kind of bored and tired and can't sleep, so yeah, post a picture of your pet. If you have one of course. 

Here's my cat snuggling with my Shadow plushie. >3<

197313_188342884542192_4801357_n.jpg

A bit blurry and a bit of an old picture but meh, kitty still looks the same. :3

Also, have a picture of my cat sitting like Lyra. 

208271_190658057644008_2662706_n.jpg

So, post some pictures of your pets. :P

• Brohoof 10

My roommate's cat sits like that a lot.

72597_10201737927593997_2090638620_n.jpg

That little guy died last week, the last survivor in a litter of three.

We're now looking to get a ferret.

• Brohoof 3