Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Welcome to the new server!

Twilight Sparkle ✨

While I'm so far receiving any benefit in every single way thus far, I'm starting to get a lack of notifications for friends’ status updates again..... :|

the status update notification problem seems to have re-produced itself with the new move for me.

I had to re-upload IP.Board to fix an issue earlier, and that overwrote IPS's patch for that issue. I'm going to ask them to re-patch it.

• Brohoof 1

the status update notification problem seems to have re-produced itself with the new move for me.

Didn't we JUST get that fixed?

I think it's a sign. Maybe we shouldn't care what the others have as an update. Maybe we should enjoy each others company!

• Brohoof 1

*yay*

louder!

I had to re-upload IP.Board to fix an issue earlier, and that overwrote IPS's patch for that issue. I'm going to ask them to re-patch it.

i see. it's good that you all are taking such a steady initiative about this issue. :)

Heh. You should have seen all the Star Trek parody goin' on while we were waiting for you to enter warp drive and get to the new server, Feldy :P

Anyway, sweet. Glad things should run better and for less. Good job, etc~

Whom we're now hosting with

The company behind this awesome new server is I/O Flood. I want to take the time to give a special thanks to Gabe, who has been extremely helpful over the past couple of weeks in getting everything set up and ready to go for us in tip-top shape, offered me an amazing deal, and has gone above and beyond the level of service you'd normally expect from a hosting company. The hiccups we had in the process were due to unexpected behaviour in my control panel software, and had nothing to do with the server that his team delivered - although they were the ones who finally got to the bottom of yesterday's DNS breakdown.

Gabe, if you see this, you deserve mega kudos for everything you've done. Thank you. Posted Image

gabe?

Posted Image

This is absolutely awesome, the forum is loading faster and I have yet to come across any errors. Again, thank you Feld0 for continuing to grow and expand mlpforums!! Now back to reading Fallout Equestria.

This was inspired by a very humorous Star Trek parody that went on right before the server was officially shut down for it's half an hour or so maintenance. Said convo can be found here: http://mlpforums.com...tuses/id/54002/

Meanwhile, on the Feldianship Ponyprise

Posted Image

I have far, far too much fun with these sort of things. Posted Image

• Brohoof 11

Some wicked sweet specs that has. How many cores, btw?

The new server has a quad-core Intel E3-1230 processor. With hyperthreading, it has a total of eight logical cores.

gabe?

Posted Image

Wrong Gabe. :lol:

Heh. You should have seen all the Star Trek parody goin' on while we were waiting for you to enter warp drive and get to the new server, Feldy :P

Anyway, sweet. Glad things should run better and for less. Good job, etc~

This was inspired by a very humorous Star Trek parody that went on right before the server was officially shut down for it's half an hour or so maintenance. Said convo can be found here: http://mlpforums.com...tuses/id/54002/

Meanwhile, on the Feldianship Ponyprise

Posted Image

I have far, far too much fun with these sort of things. Posted Image

The funny part about this is that the site really did migrate from one server to the other at lightspeed. Most of the Internet's networks are connected via fibre-optic cables.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Where is AB in that pic, Discord? Or Jonke and Klopp?

We are off work and celebrating in our special party cabin. x) Let the others handle the job yo!

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 4

The funny part about this is that the site really did migrate from one server to the other at lightspeed. Most of the Internet's networks are connected via fibre-optic cables.

True, but light travels along fibre optics at only ~2x108 ms-1 much slower than light in a vacuum.

The new server has a quad-core Intel E3-1230 processor. With hyperthreading, it has a total of eight logical cores.

Huh, I didn't think eight cores was enough to run a server. The more you know, I guess.

(edited)

Where is AB in that pic, Discord? Or Jonke and Klopp?

This particular day aboard the Ponyprise was a Friday. AB was on the Stream deck, running the videos. Jonke was lurking, and Klopp was hiding in the vents, taking a nap.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1