Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scritches

84 users have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy/be intrigued by a presentation on why a human invasion of equestria would fail?

• yes
    • no
    • Depends [ Please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Other [ Please post below with explanation(s) ]
  2. 2. Do you think a human invasion of Equestria would fail?

• Yes
    • No [ please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Unsure

*PLEASE CHECK POLL ABOVE BEFORE POSTING*

A few months back I had a discussion with a buddy of mine as to why a human invasion of Equestria would fail. I keep coming back from time to time thinking about that discussion and considering jotting it down and possibly making a presentation of it. What are your opinions on it?

Posted Image

Well, yeah, it would make for an interesting invasion. But with all the weapons the humans have, they don't have one thing.

Magic.

So they can just teleport all of the human equipment, which would cause mass confusion, mass chaos, and morale to plummet.

All and all, humans are fucked if they try.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I'm not so sure as to the actual powers ad the biology of a pony, considering that there may be many different aspects that may be unknown to us, but even with their magic, I think we can win, considering their level of technology. Even with their magic, we have have nuclear weapons and whilst I do not know the extent of their powers, I doubt they can survive radiation, much less the actual blast.

• Brohoof 1

No, I will not enjoy a freak-ass two-legged thing stomping around on Equestria like they paid the rent, even when they failed.

But, if the humans are indeed dead set on invading Equestria, we got thermonuclear nukes and literally all other instruments of death. Ponies are herd creatures, they depend on an Alpha mare for everything (Celestia), shouldn't be that hard to destroy their morale

Even with their magic, we have have nuclear weapons...

...we got thermonuclear nukes and literally all other instruments of death.

One of the things to consider is the logistics of having that kind of arsenel such as how to transport them as well as whether or not a unified earth government would allow a multinational force to have any number of them.

(edited)

I'm pretty sure the citizens would get pretty mad if the government tried that. :

Invading a country to "stamp out terrorism" is one thing, invading a country full of cute, happy little mostly-defenseless ponies is another. Practically every citizen back home would revolt.

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 4

One of the things to consider is the logistics of having that kind of arsenel such as how to transport them as well as whether or not a unified earth government would allow a multinational force to have any number of them.

This is a war of the worlds. If we are considering going to war, we are going to use all of our resources, which include nuclear weapons. It;s stupid to war against a world with lesser technology. I mean, considering this is a world against a world the whole global community would have come to a consensus and they would allow for such weapons of mass destruction.

On the topic about logistics, I have no idea where Equestria is but if it's on Earth, logistics aren't a problem and if we are going to war against a species outside Earth, we would have advanced quite so much so that transporting our equipment wouldn't be a problem.

Simple:

Equestria got a shitton of exploitable resources (Magical gems that somehow grows underground, exotic minerals and meat from the fauna, plus some other things I forgot). Once the required diplomatic papers is done, UN would surely try to tap on Equestria resources.

Plus we only need a single plane and maybe a launcher pad to do the job.

I'm pretty sure the citizens would get pretty mad if the government tried that. :

Invading a country to "stamp out terrorism" is one thing, invading a country full of cute, happy little mostly-defenseless ponies is another. Practically every citizen back home would revolt.

Another simple task. It's like what they've done with islamic countries. All it takes was one group of bad ponies that deliberately hurt a woman, the media can continue from there

• Brohoof 1

Assume at this point that whatever the reason is, there is a determined concerted effort to make an invasion occur.

Think carefully... we are talking about a world where denizens can teleport away from danger, have telekinetic ability, and have those elements which are basically a deus ex machina.

Oh, and apparently, they can use love as a physically damaging weapon.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Think carefully... we are talking about a world where denizens can teleport away from danger, have telekinetic ability, and have those elements which are basically a deus ex machina.

They got horns, we got extra hot lead with grenades on top

Posted Image

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, and apparently, they can use love as a physically damaging weapon.

We could simply destroy the whole planet. It's not that hard considering the resources we have.

(edited)

This is a war of the worlds. If we are considering going to war, we are going to use all of our resources, which include nuclear weapons.

To date there is no precedent of any multinational force being authorized the independant use of nuclear arms.

It;s stupid to war against a world with lesser technology.

I agree, the Vietnam conflict is a fine example of a technologically inferior nation keeping at bay three seemingly overwhelming military forces. France, the US, and China(yes, they invaded right after we left in '75 and lost horribly) could not best a third world country consisting of a mostly agricultural population.

I mean, considering this is a world against a world the whole global community would have come to a consensus and they would allow for such weapons of mass destruction.

I don't think they would come to a consensus on that either, which is why I don't think they would be brought on this hypothetical invasion.

On the topic about logistics, I have no idea where Equestria is but if it's on Earth, logistics aren't a problem and if we are going to war against a species outside Earth, we would have advanced quite so much so that transporting our equipment wouldn't be a problem.

And what would you do if Equestria were on a world that isn't earth?

We could simply destroy the whole planet. It's not that hard considering the resources we have.

You destroy the world, you destroy all the resources with it making the invasion completely pointless. Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

It's been proven that the unicorns can halt projectiles with their magic. And they have magical force fields nothing can penetrate. How can any weapon beat them if they can just erect force fields everywhere?

• Brohoof 2

Rarity, who has openly admitted she's not that good at magic, was able to redirect objects coming at her. Imagine what a militarily trained opponent would do?

Posted Image

M-47? Must be something new, because I only remember seeing the Mark 19's. Fun stuff either way...some days I miss being in the Corps. xD

How many humans vs how many ponies?

I haven't calculated the number yet, but you can garuntee that it won't be anymore than 10% of the total population of the earth at the time of the invasion.

What kind of weapons do the humans have?

Think current and near future. If physics can't make it realistically feasible then it isn't going.(i.e. unless it's a tank/ship they aren't going to have railguns/beam weapons)

Is it all the creatures in equestria vs humans?

I imagine in time it would involve more than just the ponies. I can easily forsee the zebras and griffons joining the fray, and the diamond dogs would pose a problem to the invasion force as well.

I imagine in time it would involve more than just the ponies. I can easily forsee the zebras and griffons joining the fray, and the diamond dogs would pose a problem to the invasion force as well.

If parasprites enter the fray under the influence of twilights magic so they eat through metal I think they win lol

• Brohoof 1

Another thing to take into account is the number of unicorns/alicorns capable of magic in Equestria. If there would be enough of them, I'm sure that they would be able to teleport or redirect opposing threats away.

Would they know what human weapons do or what they are? If they wouldn't they might not consider them as threats, but as interesting objects that need to be investigated.

Would the residents of Equestria know about the incoming attack? If they would, then they could keep an eye on potential threats, and have a much better chance of preventing humans from damaging Equestria. If they wouldn't, humans would probably win with a single nuclear device.

How does magic work, when two or more unicorns combine their magic? This has an effect on how big threats could they actually neutralize. For example: Could an average unicorn/alicorn alone take control over an incoming missile? If not, how many unicorns/alicorns would it take?

There are a lot of things to take into account when thinking about stuff like this. Some of that stuff can't be known, for example information about ponies/Equestria that hasn't been mentioned on the show. Thus, I have no clue what would happen, there are too many variables for my brain to handle right now ^_^. This topic is very interesting, I would love to see a presentation about this sort of stuff :)!

• Brohoof 1

@Leatherneck.

1) We would definitely use nuclear weapons if it was the only option. Assuming no conventional artillery could be used to defeat Equestria, we wouldn't decide to go into a war which we would know we would lose if we didn't use WMDs. I mean, if we stop, the ponies might strike back and we can't risk that so the only safe option would be to use WMDs. I mean, imagine if we went to war with aliens and had a beam of ultimate destruction. Are you saying we would not use the beam because of our ethics? No, we would use the beam.

2) We cannot fight a interplanetary war with current technology, it is simply not possible to do so. We can't even carry soldiers in effective amounts so if we are seriously considering this topic we either have to use extremely advanced technology, some that even ponies can't defeat or we would be fighting on Earth where this is not an issue. Also if it was interplanetary we wouldn't have to worry about WMDs affecting our environment.

3) Even so, if it was human technology vs ponies we would win. I mean, we don't know the extent to their power but even the radiation of a WMD would probably kill of ponies.

4) We aren't debating motives here. It could be for gaining of resources or it could be to simply as an act of defense against a future threat.

I'm just going to say, we would never invade Equestria. It is most likely we would form diplomatic relationships with them.

It's been proven that the unicorns can halt projectiles with their magic. And they have magical force fields nothing can penetrate. How can any weapon beat them if they can just erect force fields everywhere?

Video from the actual episode of an unicorn stopping something that moving fast or didn't happen

Besides, those bullets are moving well much faster than Rainbow Dash

You bring up some EXCELLENT questions! :D

Another thing to take into account is the number of unicorns/alicorns capable of magic in Equestria. If there would be enough of them, I'm sure that they would be able to teleport or redirect opposing threats away.

Celestia can move a star, Luna can move a moon, and Cadence can charm away aggresive tendencies....*ponyshrugs*. Either way, Celestia and Luna are very powerful at magic. Minimal effort exerts a massive result from them, I dread to think of what they would be like at full power.

Would they know what human weapons do or what they are? If they wouldn't they might not consider them as threats, but as interesting objects that need to be investigated.

Ponies are familiar with most weapons we have at our disposal. Tanks, artillary(this would likely include small arms by extension), swords, arrows, axes, darts, and even helicoptors are all fairly familiar things to ponies. I am sure they would pick up quickly as to what rockets and missiles are capable of.

Would the residents of Equestria know about the incoming attack? If they would, then they could keep an eye on potential threats, and have a much better chance of preventing humans from damaging Equestria. If they wouldn't, humans would probably win with a single nuclear device.

There are a few ponies that have limited precognitive skills. Faust implied that Celestia had this to a small extent(hence the prophecy of Nightmare Moon's return) in one of her many deviantart reply posts, plus there is the Pinkie sense. Also magical force fields...

How does magic work, when two or more unicorns combine their magic? This has an effect on how big threats could they actually neutralize. For example: Could an average unicorn/alicorn alone take control over an incoming missile? If not, how many unicorns/alicorns would it take?

It's been shown multiple times that the more ponies combine their magic, the exponentially stronger it becomes. It seems esspecially strengthened by stronger interpersonal bonds. Allicorns on the other hand have powerful enough magic on their own to move celestial bodies. Twilight, who isn't as magically powerful as an allicorn, was easilly capable of moving ALOT of apples in "Applebuck Season". A militarily trained pony probably can handle such things fairly easily, remember that many of Celestia's personal guards are unicorns.

There are a lot of things to take into account when thinking about stuff like this. Some of that stuff can't be known, for example information about ponies/Equestria that hasn't been mentioned on the show. Thus, I have no clue what would happen, there are too many variables for my brain to handle right now ^_^. This topic is very interesting, I would love to see a presentation about this sort of stuff :)!

You're very right, which is why I am trying to get as many points of view from as many angles as possible. :)
  • Brohoof 1

Let's avoid the obvious answer, the nuke, though we could probably clean up in a couple of hours.

Humans would most likely win. Note that the ponies are currently at about an industrial revolution level, about steam level. The most advanced technologies we've seen are trains, which are wildly inferior to our airplanes. Ponies seem to rely on physical strength for most of their power, as the number of combat-trained mages are minimal, since most dedicate themselves instead to their special talent and ignore combat. Celestia would be a major obstacle, but assuming we can avoid the Castro situation, a nice sniper could take care of her once she goes for combat. We have ridiculously power technology. We can track every single one of their motions and proceed to stop any supply train, so Canterlot would fall, regardless of force fields. The other cities would be a relatively simple matter. Think of how ineffectual the changelings were: their method of breaking a forcefield was to smash it again and again. And yet they were obliterating the ponies. We have an armed force of millions, specially trained for offense, defense, and every other kind of maneuver. If we can get our forces their, Equestria is screwed.

But again, we could just nuke 'em.

One last thing, doesn't this belong in Sugarcube Corner?

• Brohoof 3

Assuming that humans wanted to invade Equestria and could get there, I don't see how they could fail. It's called drop a nuke on Canterlot. No magic force-field can stop that. But people wouldn't even need nuclear bombs. Given that an assault rifle probably has a longer range than pony magic, people could just shoot all the ponies before the ponies had a chance to do any damage. You can't lose!

Logisitical failure. Communiactions breakdown, and than failure of continuing supplies. Unless Patton was leading the charge, they'd get a single jab and then get stuck high-and-dry in the middle of their invasion.

This is because (as proven in The Sonic Rainboom and The Cutie Mark Chronicles) sound travels faster than light.

• Brohoof 2