Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scritches

84 users have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy/be intrigued by a presentation on why a human invasion of equestria would fail?

• yes
    • no
    • Depends [ Please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Other [ Please post below with explanation(s) ]
  2. 2. Do you think a human invasion of Equestria would fail?

• Yes
    • No [ please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Unsure

Yeah, with enough time we can do that, but we're only talking present and near future.

Again, I doubt they'd actually work. I, for one, would rather die than serve someone or something against my will.

That's when we threaten something they hold dear, like let's say Canterlot the capital of their home, or maybe another large Equestrian city. If we hadn't blown it to hell by the time we took them as prisoners, we could threaten to destroy it if they did not work. Sure it seems terrible to do such a thing, but many people aren't above doing it.

That's when we threaten something they hold dear, like let's say Canterlot the capital of their home, or maybe another large Equestrian city. If we hadn't blown it to hell by the time we took them as prisoners, we could threaten to destroy it if they did not work. Sure it seems terrible to do such a thing, but many people aren't above doing it.

I'd be surprised if we hadn't damaged it significantly by the time we could manage taking them prisoner. If we had, they probably wouldn't care for the last building standing or whatever, seeing as most of the city was destroyed, and they likely won't have a chance to rebuild, since humans are likely to take advantage of this until they die. Plus, all of this is only possible if we invade and manage to conquer in the first place.

Well, enslaving cute, colorful ponies is where I draw the line. You have to be mean beyond measure to be able to do that and not feel any guilt or regret.

Posted Image

(edited)

I'd be surprised if we hadn't damaged it significantly by the time we could manage taking them prisoner. If we had, they probably wouldn't care for the last building standing or whatever, seeing as most of the city was destroyed, and they likely won't have a chance to rebuild, since humans are likely to take advantage of this until they die. Plus, all of this is only possible if we invade and manage to conquer in the first place.

Well, enslaving cute, colorful ponies is where I draw the line. You have to be mean beyond measure to be able to do that and not feel any guilt or regret.

-meme-

And I agree with you, enslaving a peaceful race of colorful ponies is a terrible thing. But to a few not unthinkable. Which is why I hope the ponies would win, but doubt they will. Edited by Veiled Enigma
  • Brohoof 1

And I agree with you, enslaving a peaceful race of colorful ponies is a terrible thing. But to a few not unthinkable. Which is why I hope the ponies would win, but doubt they will.

All of these questions will be answered in the battle that will never take place.

(edited)

Still procrastinating that war game with Equestria...

And let the pressure down on the ocean floor crack it open :D

And even if that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure he'll bust open because of all the chaos that will take place if humans attack!

I'm pretty sure pressure wouldn't do that... Because it's a solid object, it's incompressable, so pressure really doesn't have hardly any effect on it. Now, if there were air pockets, then maybe those could cause the cement to collapse, but as we've seen, it's magically formed stone, I somehow doubt there are air pockets :P

You don't think Discord would fight to defend Equestria? I know he's a troll, but he can't be that mean.

The changelings were banging at the shield Shining Armor had put up for a long time, while Chrysalis was weakening him as well. The shield would have collapsed even if the changelings hadn't been attacking it from the outside.

Magic has defensive properties, and it should have offensive properties, though not seen in the show (It's My Little Pony, for Christ's sake). I would bother explaining in another wall of text, but I find doing this easier.

Discord's not just "that mean", he's outright evil.

What's evil? Causing others pain for amusement is a pretty good definition of evil IMO. Discord is evil, and yeah he's a troll, trolls are evil. I mean, he broke apart the friendship of the mane 6, turned Fluttershy into a jerk because he hated kindness, turned AJ into a liar, made Pinkie Pie a jerk, heck, he messed up all of them.

Now watch this at 10:30 and tell me Discord isn't evil:

clicky the link

When he talks to her: It's not that he can't tell that Twilight's depressed, it's that he doesn't care. At all. In fact he loves it. That's pretty evil.

/

As for magic being offensive... They're not like spartans or anything. None of them have a purpose in life of war, closest we get to that is Shining Armor who protects Canterlot. But most of the time, I'd consider ponies like Flim Flam or Rarity to be the norm. Gem finding, machine running...

Everyone seemed to think that all of the Unicorns are as strong as the Element of Magic. And all the Pegasi are as fast as the only Pegasus could ever made it past the sound barrier :/

Humans here could attack Equestria by both their huge number and sheer technological gap in the weapons. Unless the ponies can make a stand against our first strike which I'm pretty sure contain a whole lot of bombing with huge missiles, there is simply no chance that Equestria will survive.

To give you the image just how big our first attack will be (given the humans have enough time to prepare, and Equestria is on Earth), just check this video

[video snipped]

Imagine that ship, dozens of them, bombarding the hell out of your house.

And that video is damn old, just imagine what kind of weapons we have right now. Too bad I'm too lazy to find any of them in action.

I remember an account saying that Iwo Jima looked like the surface of the moon by the time they were done bombarding it.

And as for modern firepower:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwhZqcf2wtg&feature=related

Assuming there are 20 million ponies, we don't need to kill them all, all we need to do is convince them that it's much easier to work with us then fight.

Bear in mind I don't agree with this. I am far in favor of peaceful solution and whatnot, I just find it highly unlikely that a human leadership would agree to work with the ponies or let them exist peacefully. I would be far more in favor of a Human-Pony Empire that would advance past the galaxy into eternity.

Because we humans are just constantly killing eachother left and right for no discernible reason, right? :huh:

Humans are a lot more peaceful than you're giving us credit for. I mean, a country funds terrorist activity that flies two airliners full of passengers into skyscrapers in our city causing a worldwide tragedy killing many, many innocent people, and is ruled by a ruthless dictatorship akin to Joseph Stalin or Adolf Hitler or Musilini, and yet millions of Americans protest when we go to war with said country.

Yeahno. We would never go to war with Equestria in the current world. The chances are zilp, nada, none. Now, I don't know about other countries, though, like Russia and China; they're very aggressive. China's getting very aggressive about claiming oil in the South China sea, and Russia - why in the world did they invade Georgia?

All I could hope for is that we'd be there to stand up for Equestria when it came under attack. But once again, our country, or my country, the USA, is just too darn peaceful. We defended South Korea from North Korea, but I could only hope we're still the same enough to defend Equestria from Russia and/or China, which would doubtlessly find Equestria's overabundance of treasure and gems, not to mention magic, very tempting. Though I really worry that we might be too pacifist to defend Equestria when they need us...

Actually, on second thought, we'd want to establish a trade relationship with Equestria because of their abundance of natural resources, and to study magic. So there's an extremely good chance we'd defend them for those reasons. Though to avoid a full-scale war, we'd have to move rapidly and deploy forces there as we ally them; we'd have to be the first there. The rest of the world might think our rapid deployment is a threat, when in reality the threat is to the rest of the world, essentially us saying; "Equestria is defended, try to invade them, and you'll have to get through us and start World War III" - and nobody, I mean nobody will start World War III. Ever since thermonuclear weapons and modern thinking, there is no profit in a real world power versus world power war.

So, we'd just have to be the first there. If another country gets there first, then we wouldn't want to go there and start war, and there's a small chance we'd occupy there at the same time another country is.

What would our occupation be like?

Not that bad, really:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=m99yEJK9L_g

And I can only post 2 videos, but here's a link to a third.

From the description:

[...]

Soldiers handing out soccer balls to Iraqi children and administering medicine to livestock. Scenes include Soldiers loading and playing with soccer balls, setting up an area for working with the livestock, giving animals injections, handing out the balls and playing soccer with the children and a Soldier speaking through a translator explaining the significance of the soccer balls. There are Thousands of videos on this channel that have military members doing good things, sorry you didn't find the negative you were looking for.

[...]

If you want to know what the USMC REALLY does in Iraq, check out that channel!

Of course, humanitarian aid, playing with children, and vaccinating animals doesn't make good news, so you won't hear about it on the news, instead they'll try to find the worst things they possibly can, then spin them to make them even worse, and publish it to demonize the U.S. and most of all, to sell a story. 'cause that's what the news does...

And anyways, going to war and annihilating them is probably by far the worst possible thing you could ever do to learn about their magic. By far, the best option is just simply to ask, learn their language, and read from their libraries. If anything, I'd feel sorry for Twilight and Celestia, not because of invasion, but because they'd be getting so many letters from physicists dying to interview her.

As for bodies, they'll get plenty of those naturally.

Let's say their average lifespan is 60 years, about right for that time in history. With a population of 500 million, and assuming a steady population, that's a death every 3.8 seconds. As for how the bodies are obtained, either with Celestia's or Luna's permission, or by the previous owner (heheh) signing that they're willing to donate their body to learning upon death, like how bodes are obtained for cadavers for student doctors. Anyways, the supply would be larger than the U.S. cadaver supply, since the U.S. only has a population of 300 million.

My 500 million figure is based on their technology level and world population:

Posted Image

Alternatively, you could say Equestria is based off of the USA (Fillydelphia, Los Pegasus, and the climate would all seem to indicate this)

In which case, a 90 million figure would be better (1910 = steampunk, Flim Flam's machine, X-rays, microphones which we've seen a number of times, and gramophones which we've seen a number of times. As for Twilight's computer, that's a lot more 1950's-ish, so 150 million.)

Posted Image

Either case would give an ample supply of cadavers, but like I said, that's possibly the least scientifically interesting thing you could want, and one of the worse possible approaches you could take. Studying bodies being a great thing for science - is purely a Hollywood notion, and is rather ridiculous. Studying how a body works, while alive, is at least ten times better, and having their cooperation, is absolutely invaluable.

By far, the best approach would be cooperative study. Learn their language, read their libraries, talk to their experts. That's how it would actually be done, and by far, I can't overstate how much that would be the best approach. Declaring war guarantees you're taking the worst imaginable route to learning about their magic.

(Note; I do think they speak English, but they have a specialized magic language, much like how in the medieval period religious documents used latin, in Equestria magic documents use a special language, as we've seen the hyroglyphs in the show before, but have also seen Daring Do in English. Not to mention, Twilight Sparkle, Daring Do And the Quest for the Sapphire Stone, and other canon sources have done alliteration before; that doesn't translate into alien languages. And a different magic language makes sense, since it would have to be more intuitive to your strange intuitive feel of magic. Actions in a metaphysical magical plane might be very lengthy and difficult to describe with a language meant for the physical plane.)

That's because we don't actually expect to find anything of value. A planet with a hospitable environment, ecosystems FAMILIAR to ours, and an intelligent working populace? A jewel to easy to snatch.

The U.S. could just as easily say that about pretty much most of the world. But we don't snatch it. Even though there are countless atrocities in the rest of the world, jewel mines, and rich oil reserves all "easy to snatch", we leave them to govern themselves. The exceptions would be the war in Cuba... Where there was a horrible oppressive government and concentration camps... World War I... Where we joined because they sank a cruise liner and we joined to end the war and help our allies... World War II... Where we liberated France from the Nazis, and stopped another equally evil and atrocious empire of Japan... Korea.... Which is pretty much the same story again... Vietnam, similar, but to stop the incursion of Soviet ideology and members of the Warsaw Pact into Southeast Asia... And Iraq. I posted that one earlier, twin towers incident, and an oppressive government.

Two words:

Fox News.

"A species of suspiciously similar aliens has been discovered, one with limited technology but strange powers that scientists can't explain. Their intents are unknown as of this point, but at least one has described themself as superior. In addition, they seem to worship pagan gods of the sun and the moon manifested into physical form, with the moon goddess recently attempting destruction of all life on the planet, but then accepted back into full fellowship."

Republicans screw it up again.

Also the only news network to report the crap that Democrats and liberals do, like Nancy Pelosi's wonderful: "We need to pass this bill to see what's in it" quote, and the only news network that would dare to put abortion or Obama in a negative light. I believe it was CNN that recently did a horribly spun story to demonize, I think it was Mississippi, for passing a law making business harder for an abortion clinic. They pretty much spun it like; "those poor doctors, they won't be able to make money from killing babies soon..."

Yeah, the right at times can be cold and heartless, and terribly unsympathetic (like RedEye's coverage of Bronies), and the left can get a twisted view of morality, but from what I've seen, they spin stories a lot worse, in comparing their coverage of international events with the accounts of people who were actually there, a perfect example is the Iraq video series I linked earlier.

But, politics aside, you're strawmanning Fox.

Except we are planning on just that. Do you really think that the government would spend billions on looking at the sky just so when we do find something we have no iowa what to do with it? The government has a secret file somewhere with detailed plans on what they will do in the event of any extraterrestrial finding or encounter. Heck I bet they even have one for if they find one in the president's morning coffee.

And I'll bet that this is there procedure for if they find an earth like planet with intelligent life:

1) Study from a distance

2) Make first contact (peacefully)

3) Attempt negotiations and peace talks

4) If they prove to be hostile: invade

5) If they just simply say "no" to four then we'll just walk away and come back later

However if this were to happen with ponies and all I'm sure that Celestia (as the leader of the ponies) will make the descission to embrace us humans and our technology and allow us to study there's.

I remember reading somewhere that the U.S. actually has done war simulations with alien invasions. The purpose, though, isn't actually to defend from alien invasions, but to practice their fighting skills, and try something they wouldn't otherwise do, in order to "keep them on their toes", so to speak, and highly adaptive to an unexpected and highly unusual situation.

But I can't help but wonder how much of the idea originally came from one of them thinking; "man, we've got some cool simulation stuff here in the Pentagon. I wonder if we could ever do a simulation against aliens with it? Hmm..." which got him thinking about how he could present the idea in a favorable light ^_^

Edited by EASA - Matt
  • Brohoof 2

My Little Pwny

Well, let's see....

We humans have nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons, stealth bombers, high-energy lasers, railguns, ICBMs, artillery, mechanized infantry and a vast array of secret weapons we've never heard about, any of which could probably defeat any conventional army on their own, and a bunch of other ridiculously lethal stuff I didn't list for the sake of brevity.

The ponies have Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, the Elements of Harmony, the Magic of Friendship, the Wonderbolts and -- most importantly -- The One And Only Rainbow Dash.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8er83h9Bbn8

Awwww yeah! Humanity would be utterly defeated in...

Ten. Seconds. Flat. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

"Sun Tzu said,

9: Ground to which access is constricted, where the way out is torturous, and where a small enemy force can strike my large one is called 'Encircled'

Tu Mu:...Here it is easy to lay ambushes and one can be utterly defeated."

This passage from "The Art of War" can be used to describe the portal, which, as we do not know if the difference between the Human and Pony worlds are in the same universe (Theory of Quantum mechanics/ multiverse) or simply by space (different planets in the same universe) The only known way between worlds is through the mirrors. A single squad armed with a spear could impale any troops that tried to emerge. Unless there is another means, like spacecraft or inter-universal vehicles, no general would be dumb enough to try to push through. Or, a means, like the Iris in Stargate, could demolish anything instantly. Hypothetically,  if the technological means existed to get between worlds besides the portal, the army controlling that means could invade freely. However, I cannot see any logical reason for such an invasion if such technology exists (Unless you get into a situation like in the movie AVATAR and Unobtainium)

If we tried to invade a universe that has land that we have never seen before nor ever encountered a different species on, we would have to plan a strategy to see what we're dealing with, study their species, and know their weaknesses. So, we wouldn't actually win if we don't know what we're getting into.

Humans would overrun Equestria by sheer force of numbers. It's quantity over quality and i'm not convinced that Equestria would even have the better quality. Unicorns would pose a threat, but pegasi or earth ponies not so much and i don't think that the four alicorns can do it on their own. Only Discord could save the day.

Weapon wise, Equestria outguns humans by far. However, I can see humans coming up with some bio-toxin to attack Equestria, something very effective since the ponies don't seem to have magic medicine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Humans would simply build a bomb so terrifying, it would make the Hiroshima and Nagasaki explosions look like grenade bangs. One for each major city.

Sonic Rainboom or not, I don't see how Ponies can beat humans because they don't have guns, nukes, bombs, grenades, bazookas and I could just go on and on.

Also, in the world wars, technology developed very fast. That was because it was war. If the humans planned to invade Equestria, they'd definitely come up with some more terrifying WMD's.

i just want to say bazookas and horrible and out of date. A more tarifying rocket is the gavlen 

• 2 years later...

All the humans need to do is to drop a couple of nukes. Or we could release a virus that affects ponies but not humans, then attack while the ponies are sick.

(edited)

Humanity would be screwed by only the princesses themselves. Here's why:

Alicorns. Let's list off their powers for each of the pony race traits they embody.

Unicorn abilities: Shields, energy weapons, telekinesis, teleportation, phase through solid matter, trans-mutate other matter. Can generate 740 quadrillion tons of force via telekinesis (enough to move the moon) and generate 3.8 decatillion joules of power (amount of kinetic energy to move the moon) from their horns (though it is probably greater since we do not know how much force or energy is needed to move the sun yet). Effective range of powers is 920,960,000 miles (distance between earth and sun).

Pegasus abilities: manipulate weather to form flood rains, blinding snow, soft ball sized hail, 200 MPH hurricanes, 300 MPH tornadoes, precision lightning strikes, the ability to adjust the scope of this phenomena. Can carry 2000 tons of weight in flight, flight at mach 5 (faster than the BrahMos II, the fastest cruise missile in operation. Only the manned X-15 or the unmanned X-23 aircraft can overtake an alicorn). Of course all these speeds are limited on the premise that the Princesses can't perform a sonic rainboom, which would change things a bit.

Earth pony abilities: Can strike with 32,126 tons of force (amount needed to smash diamond, demonstrated when NMM shattered the EoH, presuming they were made of diamond), can carry (at least) 9-10 tons of weight for extended periods of time (demonstrated by Rarity and Twilight when they carried Tom, presuming he was a sandstone bolder (since this was done by unicorns, it can be implied that earth ponies can carry even heavier)).

Alicorns: Luna also has the dream walking ability. This could be used in a strategic sense, as a means of gathering intelligence, as it seems she can view memories, or as a weapon in psychological warfare, giving soldiers nightmares, disrupting their sleep and unsettling their psyches. The Princesses can use dark magic, the effects on living creatures is still unknown. On the ground at least, it'll generate jagged crystals just about anywhere, impaling and cutting just about anyone. Princess Cadence could totally screw with the entire armed forces and use her magic to make key members, or quite possibly everyone serving, fall hopelessly in love with one another. That'll make focusing on combat or even relaying orders rather challenging.

Conclusion: They can move the sun and the moon to: effect the oceans and screw the navy (and anyone within 100 miles of coastline. Alter plane and missile trajectories via gravitational pull. Luna can block out the sun for eternal night and kill off most surface life via extreme cold within a few years. Celestia can leave the sun out to disrupt sleep patterns, weather patterns, and fry everything to a crisp. Luna could crush everything with the moon or Celestia could incinerate the earth with an oncoming sun.

Even without using anything outside of earth's atmosphere or the waking world as a weapon, the princesses still have the US military outmatched in nearly every possible way. Out ranged, out powered (strength, force and energy production wise), out conditioned, out maneuvered, out classed. Face it. The US military are fighting gods.

I'm sure the princesses will kindly accept your unconditional surrender right about now.

Edited by Denim&Venom

• 2 years later...

This would be like 'Nam all over again except the Humans would lose overtime due to the Equestria's magic.

Now I'd be thinking of animating a Humans vs Equestria War, story is quite messy and still learning on animation (this is more of a vision actually).

Can't do this alone though, anyone interested?

5aa7cdd2ec041_HumanInvasionofEquestria2.png.0900643a0f9985288bd761a0de2d4a91.png

Assuming humans keep their human form, it really depends on who is fighting the humans. If it's the royal guards and Wonder Bolts were fighting them, the humans would take Equestria with relative ease. Yes, some of the guards have magic, but their magic is nowhere near as powerful as Twilight's magic.

While The guards have spears, the humans have guns.

While the guards have metal armor, we have bullets resistant kevlar armor.

While the Wonder Bolts have pegasi, humans have fighter jets, helicopters, planes, missiles, and drones.

--------

What if Tirek was added to all this? An M.O.A.B should make quick work of him.

Another thing we have is a large nuclear arsenal, but assuming it's the United States doing the attack, nukes will likely not be used. (Honestly the United States would actually try to become allies with the country, but you know)

-------------

Now of we add Discord, the Elements of Harmony, Rainbow power, or any of the sort, Equestria would win this fight.

Conclusion: Military vs Military: Humans win.

Humans vs Tirek: Equestria

Humans vs Mane Six: Equestria

Humans vs Discord: Equestria

----------

Realistic Scenario: There would be no war, just diplomacy and the United States and possibly other allies would actually be more protective towards Equestria.

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Assuming humans keep their human form, it really depends on who is fighting the humans. If it's the royal guards and Wonder Bolts were fighting them, the humans would take Equestria with relative ease. Yes, some of the guards have magic, but their magic is nowhere near as powerful as Twilight's magic.

While The guards have spears, the humans have guns.

While the guards have metal armor, we have bullets resistant kevlar armor.

While the Wonder Bolts have pegasi, humans have fighter jets, helicopters, planes, missiles, and drones.

--------

What if Tirek was added to all this? An M.O.A.B should make quick work of him.

Another thing we have is a large nuclear arsenal, but assuming it's the United States doing the attack, nukes will likely not be used. (Honestly the United States would actually try to become allies with the country, but you know)

-------------

Now of we add Discord, the Elements of Harmony, Rainbow power, or any of the sort, Equestria would win this fight.

Conclusion: Military vs Military: Humans win.

Humans vs Tirek: Equestria

Humans vs Mane Six: Equestria

Humans vs Discord: Equestria

----------

Realistic Scenario: There would be no war, just diplomacy and the United States and possibly other allies would actually be more protective towards Equestria.

Tirek has Solar system level durability a M.O.A.B would tickle him at most.

The best wonderbolts can fly at relativistic speeds, faster than any jet we have and airforce would be immediately useless against Equestrias which has full control of the weather.
Nukes could likely be stopped by magic, and as you already said kinda, Discord could one shot the entire human military by turning all their weapons into meatballs or something.

Also, if this is all of Earth it would also be all of the MLP world, which means dragons, yaks, changelings who could easily go behind enemy lines, Tempest and her storm army, the hypogriffs and their pearl, as well as Celestias mobilized Equestria in the Cutie Remark

We couldn't beat a world with so much magical power.

13 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Tirek has Solar system level durability a M.O.A.B would tickle him at most.

I'd love to know where you got that "Solar System" level durability thing; if you tell me "Twilight took Celestia's magic; Celestia moves the sun; obvious enough", no, just no... anyway; I don't think humans would lose; yeah Equestria has magic, but that is not enough; they don't seem to have that much experience with war or how to fight. Why ? Because Sombra alternate universe; all we saw from soldiers are them fighting with their hooves, so I would say not very efficient against human equipment.

Also people speak of unicorns/alicorns as very powerful being blablabla, like teleporting human equipment... well no. Why? Because teleportation is hard, much harder than, say... levitation for exemple, something every unicorn does? Yeah. And what do we see Starlight Glimmer do in episode 24 of season 7? We see her struggle to levitate Sunburst's luggage because it seemed heavy, yeah, even for magic. And he says they would have to do multiple trips to get all the luggage to Twilight's place. And we're talking here about the most powerful unicorn known next to Starswril. And people think unicorns would casually just teleport every human equipment? That's something to laugh about.

Also, let's talk alicorns.  Yeah I get that they look all powerful and all... except not, no they're not. They move celestial bodies? Sure; that's thanks to their nature , because that's their special talent (cutie mark and shit); it's not a feat of power. If they were all powerful, you will have to explain some things to me: how do the princesses struggle about that magical cloud thing in Flurr Heart's first apparition episode? Even if magical; all the power given to them should be more than enough to dispose of such thing. How can Celestia struggle against the smooze; she had some blob on her horn, and that's enough to stop her? I get that it cancels magic upon contact; but planet-shattering power should be more than enough to dispose of it as well. And god HOW do they just get beaten by Tempest Shadow? Because she kicked something at them? That's the all powerful princesses? I don't care that it was scriptwriting facility; it happened in canon, and they couldn't defend themselves from blasting these balls into oblivion.  I love how people just go "WOW SOLAR SYSTEM BUSTING POWER OMG" when they see Tirek/Twilight fight, when nothing points to that... the only thing that impressed me is Tirek hitting Twilight from one mountain side to another; and she had to use a magic self-shield to protect herself; they were equal; they're not more durable than a mountain. 

Discord may be a problem, sure. He has reality-altering abilities. Not really power all that much; but yeah , altering reality.

The only thing that impressed me was one single pony from the whole show:  Rainbow Dash. Now she's something; she's not only fast at flying; she's also fast like all the time. Like making a pie fly during the time it took Pinkie to blink? Yeah; that's impressive. But that's the only thing that really impressed me. 

What really impresses me is how people actually choose to believe that humans would just come like that with their armies to invade Equestria. No; they would PLAN. Why? Because they have 7 seasons to catch up to prepare themselves; no military chief would care about the nature of the show if it means winning a war. Something Equestria doesn't have. 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Gachin said:

I'd love to know where you got that "Solar System" level durability thing; if you tell me "Twilight took Celestia's magic; Celestia moves the sun; obvious enough", no, just no... anyway; I don't think humans would lose; yeah Equestria has magic, but that is not enough; they don't seem to have that much experience with war or how to fight. Why ? Because Sombra alternate universe; all we saw from soldiers are them fighting with their hooves, so I would say not very efficient against human equipment.

Also people speak of unicorns/alicorns as very powerful being blablabla, like teleporting human equipment... well no. Why? Because teleportation is hard, much harder than, say... levitation for exemple, something every unicorn does? Yeah. And what do we see Starlight Glimmer do in episode 24 of season 7? We see her struggle to levitate Sunburst's luggage because it seemed heavy, yeah, even for magic. And he says they would have to do multiple trips to get all the luggage to Twilight's place. And we're talking here about the most powerful unicorn known next to Starswril. And people think unicorns would casually just teleport every human equipment? That's something to laugh about.

Also, let's talk alicorns.  Yeah I get that they look all powerful and all... except not, no they're not. They move celestial bodies? Sure; that's thanks to their nature , because that's their special talent (cutie mark and shit); it's not a feat of power. If they were all powerful, you will have to explain some things to me: how do the princesses struggle about that magical cloud thing in Flurr Heart's first apparition episode? Even if magical; all the power given to them should be more than enough to dispose of such thing. How can Celestia struggle against the smooze; she had some blob on her horn, and that's enough to stop her? I get that it cancels magic upon contact; but planet-shattering power should be more than enough to dispose of it as well. And god HOW do they just get beaten by Tempest Shadow? Because she kicked something at them? That's the all powerful princesses? I don't care that it was scriptwriting facility; it happened in canon, and they couldn't defend themselves from blasting these balls into oblivion.  I love how people just go "WOW SOLAR SYSTEM BUSTING POWER OMG" when they see Tirek/Twilight fight, when nothing points to that... the only thing that impressed me is Tirek hitting Twilight from one mountain side to another; and she had to use a magic self-shield to protect herself; they were equal; they're not more durable than a mountain. 

Discord may be a problem, sure. He has reality-altering abilities. Not really power all that much; but yeah , altering reality.

The only thing that impressed me was one single pony from the whole show:  Rainbow Dash. Now she's something; she's not only fast at flying; she's also fast like all the time. Like making a pie fly during the time it took Pinkie to blink? Yeah; that's impressive. But that's the only thing that really impressed me. 

What really impresses me is how people actually choose to believe that humans would just come like that with their armies to invade Equestria. No; they would PLAN. Why? Because they have 7 seasons to catch up to prepare themselves; no military chief would care about the nature of the show if it means winning a war. Something Equestria doesn't have. 

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony go nuts, lots to research there.

Discord has created entire different planes of reality and spawned volcanoes out of nothing with ease, how could a human army survive hundreds of volcanoes dropping on them?