Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scritches

84 users have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy/be intrigued by a presentation on why a human invasion of equestria would fail?

• yes
    • no
    • Depends [ Please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Other [ Please post below with explanation(s) ]
  2. 2. Do you think a human invasion of Equestria would fail?

• Yes
    • No [ please post below with your explanation(s) ]
    • Unsure

2 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony go nuts, lots to research there.

Discord has created entire different planes of reality and spawned volcanoes out of nothing with ease, how could a human army survive hundreds of volcanoes dropping on them?

I don't trust a website where people actually say lord Tirek has a relativistic speed / reaction time because he reacts to pegasi (The Wonderbolts) close to rainbow Dash before her sonic rainboom; relativistic means the speed is at least 10% of the speed of light. And, no, Rainbow is NOT 10% as fast or greater than the speed of light.

Discord creates realities, sure; but he has to want to create these realities. Simple solution? Post a sniper somewhere out of sight from ponyville, not far from Shy's cottage, make him wait for Discord to go to Fluttershy's one day, and fucking kill him ; if Discord doesn't know what is waiting for him, then he can't defend himself. Warp reality as long as you know what to do with it, and WHEN to do it.  If he was so unbeatable he wouldn't have been beaten by Tirek.

Invasion doesn't have to go by war from the very beggining; begin with assassinations of some of the bothersome ones, then proceed with war if you have the need.

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Gachin said:

I don't trust a website where people actually say lord Tirek has a relativistic speed / reaction time because he reacts to pegasi (The Wonderbolts) close to rainbow Dash before her sonic rainboom; relativistic means the speed is at least 10% of the speed of light. And, no, Rainbow is NOT 10% as fast or greater than the speed of light.

Discord creates realities, sure; but he has to want to create these realities. Simple solution? Post a sniper somewhere out of sight from ponyville, not far from Shy's cottage, make him wait for Discord to go to Fluttershy's one day, and fucking kill him ; if Discord doesn't know what is waiting for him, then he can't defend himself. Warp reality as long as you know what to do with it, and WHEN to do it.  If he was so unbeatable he wouldn't have been beaten by Tirek.

Invasion doesn't have to go by war from the very beggining; begin with assassinations of some of the bothersome ones, then proceed with war if you have the need.

Kill Discord, the guy who has split his head in two? The guy who has ripped his own head off? You do know that Discords physical form isn't something you can just kill right? And Tirek defeated Discord because he had the magic of the mane 6 minus Twilight, and their magic is anti Discord. If you want to ignore scaling "cuz you don't think so" than I don't really care.

Earth just can't win here, not against the current level of the MLP world, thousands and thousands of dragons that can burn anything to the ground, reality benders, mass mind control spells, changelings.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

Kill Discord, the guy who has split his head in two? The guy who has ripped his own head off? You do know that Discords physical form isn't something you can just kill right? And Tirek defeated Discord because he had the magic of the mane 6 minus Twilight, and their magic is anti Discord. If you want to ignore scaling "cuz you don't think so" than I don't really care.

Earth just can't win here, not against the current level of the MLP world, thousands and thousands of dragons that can burn anything to the ground, reality benders, mass mind control spells, changelings.

Yes; he has split his head in two. When he wanted to. Nothing says that he can make his body do it on its own even when he doesn't realise what is happening at the moment. And no; when was it said, IN THE ENTIRE SHOW, that their magic is "anti-discord"? Never; it is when they're using the elements, but not when you just take them one  by one; THAT was never said. 

And guess what? I never said scaling was wrong; it's just done in a complete wrong way. "the princesses can move the sun/moon; it requires so kinetic energy so they must be powerful right?" and my answer is YES... but you would forget all the moments that tend to show otherwise; like them struggling against snow stormy clouds (not even magical); them being beaten by a strong unicorn (tempest shadow), sure, but she basically kicked balls at them...

I get why you would think they're so powerful, but you're basing your arguments on logical assumption; I base mine on feats shown in the show. The moving sun and moon thing? Magic; doesn't scale their power. I get you read the Journal of the two sisters? Well according to that journal (canon by the way, it seems), before Celestia and Luna, Starswril and ten random, like REALLY random unicorns were there to lift the sun and moon each day. While these 10 unicorns  have to change everyday because they lose their magic, Starswril didn't have to stop until he tried to do it alone one day; according to the journal, the reason why the sisters can do it with such ease is because they're alicorns; it rejuvenates their magic, not because they're powerful. 

What we can conclude? I can only say that the Two Sisters are more capable than 10 unicorns and Starswril, and no more than that. The reason they can keep doing it is because it has a magical effect on them - because that's basically THEIR special talent. Because if I were to follow the logic that moving the sun and moon scales your power when you do it with magic? Then these 10 random unicorns + Starswril would be Solar System busters before losing their magic? Like any random unicorn could participate - she or he just has to be ready to lose their magic.  And what about Stralight strugling with luggage when she's one of the most powerful unicorns we know for now? Is she luggage buster?

If one day I see a feat like destroying a planet or relativistic speeds, I would admit I am wrong. For now my scaling stays the same. I never said they can't become THAT powerful one day, but for know? I don't change my mind. I base my feats on what is said/seen in the show; not the comics; the show (and the journal because confirmed canon) and only that.

(btw thousands and thousands of dragons? Where did you get that number?)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now I believe humans would win. First we would gather intel, after learning about equestria's four leaders and it's champions we would do what other villains did not. Kill them.

we would either poison their food or a couple of sniper rounds would do it. Also we'd probably ally with Chrysalis and her loyalist. Tirek is another possible contender for a friend.

we help him, he helps us, and we have no magic on which he could feed. At that point Equestria would be in chaos and ripe for the taking, it would then be split into three provinces and divided between us andour allies. However it would remain one country, to keep uprisings from occurring we'd simply abuse our knowledge of nuclear weapons.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2012 at 11:56 PM, AnonymousTheSecond said:

I'm pretty sure humans would win, we have so many weapons and bombs, but maybe the ponies have some secret weapons of their own, besides the unicorn horns.

Maybe the princesses can raise the sun and moon to confuse them and then launch a surprise attack and the Cadence could use her powers to spread light and love and then it could owe up to the Crystal Heart and the Elements of Harmony would put Harmony magic on them and while that happens, the Crystal Heart would blast out that light blue thingie and then the Crystal Tower could shoot out that Northern Lights or something.